Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

With Bass signed do we still want L. Powe?(fresh links)

quote:
Originally posted by bigsteve03:

quote:
Originally posted by petey:

heck yea go after him he can sit and fully heal up then trade gortat for draft picks and/or expireing contracts and cash then u will have a fully healthy powe as another big for less money, vet min for one year while he recovers then offer him an extention after the gortat trade

I like this idea! Pick him up to learn the system then when Gortat gets traded we have some what of a suitable "big man" all we need is a somewhat capable center after Gortat is gone.

But he's only 6'8 240lb. Even though Ben Wallace played center at 6'9, Powe is no way near the beast Ben Wallace was. Powe is just an energy player. He's not even a paint defender. He's a decent post up defender but not a paint defender. We need somebody to man down the paint when Howard isnt on the court. Powe is not the answer. I was hoping we went after Ben Wallace but the Pistons got him now. For 10-12 mpg Ben Wallace would've been fine backing up Howard. But we have Gortat for now until he's traded.

quote:

quote:

heck yea go after him he can sit and fully heal up then trade gortat for draft picks and/or expireing contracts and cash then u will have a fully healthy powe as another big for less money, vet min for one year while he recovers then offer him an extention after the gortat trade

I like this idea! Pick him up to learn the system then when Gortat gets traded we have some what of a suitable "big man" all we need is a somewhat capable center after Gortat is gone.

somewhat capable?... thats why we trade him to OKC thunder for BJ Mullens, there top 10 draft pick (lets face it there not gonna win much this year) and some cash. BJ could be an ok back up 10 15 min a game and if not we have a top 10 pick and cash...... oh yeah and powe but i think BJ could be compared to a first NBA summer gortat

BJ is a 20 year old 275 pound 7 footer i mean come on now with pat and dwight coaching him please.... iam sorry for bringing it up again i just would like to see it

will he come here as a reserve and not be a ***** about it then ok if not then oh hell no.

i know we want to win now and i believe we have enough tallent and now finals experience to get it done may we need so young work horses one who will appreciate the chance some times too many names can hurt you rather than help you

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

quote:

quote:

But he's only 6'8 240lb. Even though Ben Wallace played center at 6'9, Powe is no way near the beast Ben Wallace was. Powe is just an energy player. He's not even a paint defender. He's a decent post up defender but not a paint defender. We need somebody to man down the paint when Howard isnt on the court. Powe is not the answer. I was hoping we went after Ben Wallace but the Pistons got him now. For 10-12 mpg Ben Wallace would've been fine backing up Howard. But we have Gortat for now until he's traded.

Im sorry my wording was not all that clear, I meant pick up another backup center after we trade Gortat. That way Powe could be the SF PF tweener that he is and we have another big body behind Howard.

I rather take Robert Swift.

Robert Swift

3.3ppg 3.4rpg .7bpg 52.1% FG 75% FT in 13:11mpg

Gortat stats:

3.8ppg 4.5rpg .8bpg 56.7% FG 57.8% FT in 12:35mpg

Swift stats are close to Gortat stats its just Gortat rebounds better and is more durable.

He should be cheap.