Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Ranking the Summer Moves(Chad Ford, ESPN Insider)

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

would you have rather seen RJ here instead of vince?

i know vince is a former all star and still great, but rj is younger, and would have left more room under the cap to have signed a cj watson.

.. but yeah we got anderson in the deal, so not considering him as well... but in turn we probably wouldn't have to give up clee on a sign and trade like that.

I don't think so. I have never been a big RJ fan, and quite frankly, I think VC is still the better player.

Vince 08/09 5.1rpg 4.7apg 2.08 turnovers

career 5.5rpg 4.3apg 2.38 turnovers

RJ 08/09 4.6rpg 2.4apg 2.01 turnovers

career 5.3rpg 3.0apg 2.19 turnovers

Oh, and Vince outscored him last year 20.8 to 19.6ppg too.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by DontPushMe:

the spurs moves are so overrated... i didnt even want mcdyess here, just makes a historically old team older, richard jefferson was a good addition but thats all theyve done really, outside of adding mediocre big men

I couldn't disagree more. The Spurs got much better & in fact got much younger replacing key players barely hanging on in the league w/guys in the prime of their careers.

They replaced Bowen (38) w/RJ (29).

Thomas (36) & Oberto (34) w/Dyce (34), Haislip (28), Blair (20). Ratliff just gives them depth & insurance.

In adding RJ, they've also very effectively replaced Finley (36) with Mason (28) after a year of grooming in their system.

i know vince is a former all star and still great, but rj is younger, and would have left more room under the cap to have signed a cj watson.

.. but yeah we got anderson in the deal, so not considering him as well... but in turn we probably wouldn't have to give up clee on a sign and trade like that.

I would prefer RJ to VC on a normal day...

I would prefer Motivated VC to RJ on a good day

Allow me to continue my sexiness ratings with the Celtics.

Here we have Rajon Rondo aka Sprinkles aka Lemur

rondomeister.jpg

Okay, yes he kinda looks like a giant Lemur, but I don't think he's all bad. 5.

Here we have Ray Allen aka RayRay aka Jesus Shuttlesworth

rayray.jpg

Not horrible. Rather bland features. He'd look better with a blown out fro. 5.5.

On to Paul Pierce aka Stabbed aka Smokey Thunder Fox

piercey.jpg

I personally find him cute and award him a solid 7.

Next is KG aka Daddy Fresh Cakes aka Anything is Possible

KG.jpg

A sexy fox with a manly beard to boot. 7.5 for mister KG.

Lastly we have Kendrick Perkins aka Perky aka Smooth Feather Pops Snackie

perky.jpg

A man with a perpetually angry fast, but not entirely vacant of sex appeal. 4.5 for Perky.

The Celtics average out to 5.9, barely clipping the Lakers assuming Sheed doesn't start. 7.5(KG) being their highest scorer on the sey-o-meter.

INTRIGUING.

Where are the Lakers on that list? I guess essentially swapping Trevor Ariza for Ron Artest isn't a big deal.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Part of not being a hypocrite means having to disregard opinions you find agreeable.

Chad Ford is an insufferable tool, and his writing is terrible, unless he's writing about how great a European big man prospect is going to be, in which case it's hilarious. That doesn't change just because he writes something pro-Magic.

Frankly, I'm disappointed in the lot of you.

And I'm disappointed in you for making such a blanket statement. I don't really see a Chad Ford parade being thrown in this thread, maybe it's just me.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Where are the Lakers on that list? I guess essentially swapping Trevor Ariza for Ron Artest isn't a big deal.

Possibly losing Lamar Odom is.

If by possibly you mean not going to happen, then yes.

Let us move on to our beloved Orlando Magic. This one takes the cake thus far.

Here we have Jameer Nelson aka MeerMeer aka Pookie Short Skates

jameer_nelson.jpg

I'm sorry, but Meer is kind of an ugly dude. He gets a 4.5.

Here we have our new star vince Carter aka Peanut Butter Crunch aka Strawberry Smoothie Dundee

vince-carter.jpg

That is a sexy man. i award him a smoking 8.5!!1

Next we have another beautiful man, Rashard Lewis aka Wonder Bread aka Groovy Kumquats

rashard_lewis4.jpg

This beast gets a sizzling 8.5 as well.

Here's another newcomer in Brandon Bass aka Fish Sticks aka Runnin' Runnin' Rainbows

BASSY.jpg

meh... 6

And last, but certainly not least, we have Dwight Howard aka Chicken Taquito aka Garden Variety Doritos

DWIFHTY.jpg

I award Dwight a godly 10. Deny that!

The Magic sizzle in with an average of 7.5!! And have the sexiest player alive in Dwight, scoring 10.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

Possibly losing Lamar Odom is.

If by possibly you mean not going to happen, then yes.

OK, well either way, there is your answer.

quote:
Originally posted by magic_hoopsfan:

quote:

quote:

quote:

the spurs moves are so overrated... i didnt even want mcdyess here, just makes a historically old team older, richard jefferson was a good addition but thats all theyve done really, outside of adding mediocre big men

I couldn't disagree more. The Spurs got much better & in fact got much younger replacing key players barely hanging on in the league w/guys in the prime of their careers.

Thomas (36) & Oberto (34) w/Dyce (34), Haislip (28), Blair (20). Ratliff just gives them depth & insurance.

In adding RJ, they've also very effectively replaced Finley (36) with Mason (28) after a year of grooming in their system.

In a vacum, I prefer RJ today. I feel he's an incredibly underrated all-around player & has been since college. VC's top end is still better, but he picks his spots.

There are business (trade, contract, age) reasons you could argue RJ would have been a better acquisition as well.

However, I like VC for this team because he gives the Magic an elite iso talent, & that's their biggest weakness offensively imo.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

In a vacum, I prefer RJ today. I feel he's an incredibly underrated all-around player & has been since college. VC's top end is still better, but he picks his spots.

However, I like VC for this team today because he gives the Magic an elite iso talent, & that's their biggest weakness offensively imo.

Plus, VC is a way better looking dude than RJ.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

However, I like VC for this team today because he gives the Magic an elite iso talent, & that's their biggest weakness offensively imo.

Plus, VC is a way better looking dude than RJ.

That girl is poisoooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.