Sign in to follow this  
Big

would detroiit do this trade?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Big:

^^^^^

I don' mean to be condesending but I'm aware that you can exceed the cap. Detroit will be paying a tax of approx, 15 million which the owner might not care for.

The luxury tax isn't set at the same level as the CAP, so it'd likely be less than 15 million. For it to be 15 million, their salary would likely have to be in the neighborhood of 83 million next season(depending on where the CAP and tax level are set). Assuming a 75 million dollar salary, and that the tax level rises the same amount it did last year, they'd only be at about a 7 million dollar tax, not 15.

You're right Drunk, I realized that after I posted, sorry. But an additional question is will Detroit also try to resign Webber and at what price? I just thought that since they were willing to trade Darko and Carlos to clear space to try and resign Ben Wallace that they might be willing to make this trade, plus I'd love to get Crittenton.

quote:
You're right Drunk, I realized that after I posted, sorry. But an additional question is will Detroit also try to resign Webber and at what price? I just thought that since they were willing to trade Darko and Carlos to clear space to try and resign Ben Wallace that they might be willing to make this trade, plus I'd love to get Crittenton.

That decision will probably be made by Webber. If the Pistons win the title this year then he might look for one more big payday assuming a team is stupid enough to give him one. Personally, I think he will resign with Detroit for the minimum regardless. Its his home and he seems happy to be playing there.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Big:

^^^^^

I don' mean to be condesending but I'm aware that you can exceed the cap. Detroit will be paying a tax of approx, 15 million which the owner might not care for.

The luxury tax isn't set at the same level as the CAP, so it'd likely be less than 15 million. For it to be 15 million, their salary would likely have to be in the neighborhood of 83 million next season(depending on where the CAP and tax level are set). Assuming a 75 million dollar salary, and that the tax level rises the same amount it did last year, they'd only be at about a 7 million dollar tax, not 15.

Also Bill Davidson is not a cheap owner. He is an 80 something billionare who owns the Pistons and Tampa Bay Lightning as well as both arenas. I do not think he is worried about paying 7 to 15 million in luxury tax for a few years. They thought that Ben Wallace was getting overpaid and they were absolutely right. They will give Billups the max and not look back. Also doesn't Detroit have the right to get our pick next year instead of this years anyway?? Not that they would though because the team should be alot better next year.

I like Nazr, but i guess he cost 5-6 million, i gues we can ign for the same money(or less) and keep our draft picks, a better offensive C like Mihm. Im just don