Sign in to follow this  
Diplo

Magic No Longer Favorites For Watson [update p.47]

The guy that interviewed Watson over the phone tonight was asked by one of the posters if he knew how a sign-n-trade would be accomplised. Here was his reponse...

quote:

Honestly, I have no idea what the sign-and-trade would consist of. The trade exception makes sense but then again signing Barnes could mean JJ is on his way out. Watson wasn't sure, he had just heard the teams were talking. As soon as I find out anything though, I'll update you guys.

Swish14

http://www.realgm.com/boards/v...e5547beb10b&start=15

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

The guy that interviewed Watson over the phone tonight was asked by one of the posters if he knew how a sign-n-trade would be accomplised. Here was his reponse...

quote:

Honestly, I have no idea what the sign-and-trade would consist of. The trade exception makes sense but then again signing Barnes could mean JJ is on his way out. Watson wasn't sure, he had just heard the teams were talking. As soon as I find out anything though, I'll update you guys.

Swish14

You missed part of the posts:

"Thanks for the prompt reply! I was wondering, if a sign and trade pans out, are we likely to use Dooling's expiring trade exception or a portion of Hedo's trade exception...or are we going to trade JJ away? I hope we use trade exception money and/or cash considerations instead of getting rid of JJ. You can never have too many quality shooters and having too much depth is never a bad thing, especially when injuries hit hard. Looking forward to your next response. Keep up the good work Swish!

Last edited by BurningBridges on Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total."

And this was Swish's complete answer:

"I agree that you can never have too many quality shooters. Also, I liked the effort that JJ showed during the playoffs, especially against Boston on Ray Allen.

Honestly, I have no idea what the sign-and-trade would consist of. The trade exception makes sense but then again signing Barnes could mean JJ is on his way out. Watson wasn't sure, he had just heard the teams were talking. As soon as I find out anything though, I'll update you guys."

Not just as a fan of Redick, but saying that the signing of Barnes means the end of Redick I doubt it.

And now those who hate Redick can chime in with all the bs that you want. And yes I forecast personal attacks as well.

"Who cares if Barnes is signed?! We still have Dooling's 2 million plus dollar trade exception we can use in a sign and trade to acquire Watson. GS gets compensated and we get to use the left over 2 million plus dollars from the Dooling's TE which expires tomorrow. A win-win situation."

This was from Burning Bridges again.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

quote:

Swish14

"Thanks for the prompt reply! I was wondering, if a sign and trade pans out, are we likely to use Dooling's expiring trade exception or a portion of Hedo's trade exception...or are we going to trade JJ away? I hope we use trade exception money and/or cash considerations instead of getting rid of JJ. You can never have too many quality shooters and having too much depth is never a bad thing, especially when injuries hit hard. Looking forward to your next response. Keep up the good work Swish!

Last edited by BurningBridges on Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total."

"I agree that you can never have too many quality shooters. Also, I liked the effort that JJ showed during the playoffs, especially against Boston on Ray Allen.

Honestly, I have no idea what the sign-and-trade would consist of. The trade exception makes sense but then again signing Barnes could mean JJ is on his way out. Watson wasn't sure, he had just heard the teams were talking. As soon as I find out anything though, I'll update you guys."

Not just as a fan of Redick, but saying that the signing of Barnes means the end of Redick I doubt it.

And now those who hate Redick can chime in with all the bs that you want. And yes I forecast personal attacks as well.

"Who cares if Barnes is signed?! We still have Dooling's 2 million plus dollar trade exception we can use in a sign and trade to acquire Watson. GS gets compensated and we get to use the left over 2 million plus dollars from the Dooling's TE which expires tomorrow. A win-win situation."

Well now that you "doubt the end of Reddick" he must be out the door. LOL bye JJ

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Swish14

Well now that you "doubt the end of Reddick" he must be out the door. LOL bye JJ

Truly I can tell how much you don't support the Magic when you don't know how to spell the players last name.

Just not a fan of the Magic the team. The whole team.

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

PEC do you really think JJ is that good?

Yes and working on getting better all the time.

If the rest of the team worked as hard as he does on the off season we would have won it all last year.

But I will take winning it all this year if other players on the team put that kind of effort into working to improve their game.

What about a veteran minimum???can orlando offer him that i dont see any rules that state a team cant plus a sign trade is very likily...the magic need to pursue golden state with S&T or vet minimum...cj would b 2 valuable to move on from

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Swish14

Truly I can tell how much you don't support the Magic when you don't know how to spell the players last name.

Just not a fan of the Magic the team. The whole team.

Redddick? Redik? Raddick? Loser? Trade bait?

For the record PEC, im a bigger Magic fan than you. You consistantly slobber on everything Redick related. You are more biased than Fox news. I asked you before if you even lived in Orlando, you never responded. My guess is you spend all your time admiring JJ and his awesome 3rd string basketball skills, all the while trying to convince yourself that he should be a starter(almost as hysterical as reading the cavs board)

I see this team for what it is, a **** good one.

JJ and AJ are our 2 weakest links, and right now without a better backup PG, Redick is the last one to come off that long stacked lonely bench.

This team will win a ton of of games with or without him, so I could care less cause the team I love and cheer and pray for has talent far better than your precious JJ Redick.

What I cant stand is people like you coming on here preaching nonsense.

quote:
Originally posted by jbug15b:

What about a veteran minimum???can orlando offer him that i dont see any rules that state a team cant plus a sign trade is very likily...the magic need to pursue golden state with S&T or vet minimum...cj would b 2 valuable to move on from

Can't give the veteran minimum to a RFA and the Warriors would easily match as the vet. min is under a million for a young player like Watson.

Assuming Barnes got the rest of the MLE, the only way is S&T. It needs to be done fast too, the remainder of the Dooling TPE expires sometime tommorow.

quote:
The Web site Fanhouse reported on Saturday that Orlando was "close" to signing Watson to an offer sheet. But if the entire remainder of the mid-level exception goes to Barnes, the Magic wouldn't be able to offer Watson anything more for the upcoming season than $825,500, the minimum salary for a veteran with two seasons of NBA experience. Watson likely is looking for a larger deal.

Instead, it appears that the Magic will turn their attention to signing other point guards. General Manager Otis Smith has said he also wants to add another big man.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...ul22,0,2785935.story

looking for another big man?