Sign in to follow this  
Knappy

Projected Magic regular season record

i'm going to predict 19-63

We're going to be demolished by concurrent injuries to dwight, shard, vc and pietrus. The upside is that we will get a top 3 pick and then win 4 consecutive nba titles.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

Oh well...VC is old and Boston is better than us if KG is healthy. I should have known huh.

VC is about 10 months older than me, so...

Vince Carter = 33 in late January, 2010.

Rashard Lewis = Only 30 by season's start.

Kevin Garnett = already turned 33 this past May.

Ray Allen = turns 34 on Monday.

Rasheed Wallace = 35 by next season's start.

Paul Pierce = 32 by next season's start (strangely enough, Pierce is exactly 17 days older than me).

It's pretty clear who's old and who isn't. Seems to me Boston has more questions than we do, especially when you look at our bench, and then look at Boston's.

James Posey ain't walkin' through that door.

all birthdays revolve around skywise.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

Oh well...VC is old and Boston is better than us if KG is healthy. I should have known huh.

VC is about 10 months older than me, so...

Vince Carter = 33 in late January, 2010.

Rashard Lewis = Only 30 by season's start.

Kevin Garnett = already turned 33 this past May.

Ray Allen = turns 34 on Monday.

Rasheed Wallace = 35 by next season's start.

Paul Pierce = 32 by next season's start (strangely enough, Pierce is exactly 17 days older than me).

It's pretty clear who's old and who isn't. Seems to me Boston has more questions than we do, especially when you look at our bench, and then look at Boston's.

James Posey ain't walkin' through that door.

Yeah i never understood why VC sucks because he's old but Pierce doesnt suck despite playing in 50 more regular season games and hes less than a year younger. In the NBA, age is calculated by years, games, and injuries. In his 11 year career, VC has only played less than 50 games once, Pierce twice. Pierce has played in 77 playoff games, Carter has 42.

So in total, both are around the same age neither has a huge injury history, but one has played in 80 something more games. Which player do you think is more likely to decline?

Sky: I have posted prior that I think this is the last hurrah for that Boston line up before being blown up. So I expect them to play lights out...like its their last time together. They are old. But they have a lot of chemistry and experience....both more than us. I say they are the team to beat in the east.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Why does everybody want Matt Barnes. I rather wait and trade Gortat for Battier. That guy is shutdown. I mean even though Kobe got the best of him in the playoffs, ive seen several games were he shutdown Kobe to where Kobe finished with 8/31FG shooting during the regular season. You have to like a guy like that. Barnes is a good hustle player but i rather have Battier instead.

Its been stated before, getting Battier is a pipe dream. The only way Houston would trade him for gortat (can't be straight up either, because of the byc) is if Yao's career is over and they're rebuilding with youth. Book it!

Was going to go with 61-21 at first thought. However, I think we're going to see a little more parity in the East this year as opposed to last season.

Final answer, Magic finish 59-23, #1 in the Eastern Conference.