Sign in to follow this  
MagicFanBen

Trade Exception Worth $9.1 million OR $8,322,000 OR $6,964,200 (explained & LINK)

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:

no i posted the link to the Orland sentinel that states its somewhere between 8 and 9

I would not use the Sentinel as a quality source. But it is between $6.9 million and a MAX of $9.1 million. I guess we will not truly know unless Otis says it to the media. The rules still apply on a trade. Only one player and only one transaction. You cannot split it up or combine it.

I started this thread with the purpose so fans could see what players are really available and debate if we would actually want any at this time.

I think you reading what i said wrong Ben... if it was a BYC yes 6.9 and thats probably what everyone is reporting..

you and me looking deeper realize that its higher but not 9.1 i bet its what i wrote one post up 8.332

That is why I updated the thread. I think you and I both realize it can only be one of three numbers. His last year's salary, the $8.332 or the $9 mil plus 100k on each of them.

But the basic premise here, if you look at the list there are not a lot of players making over $7 mil that would actually be available. For the purpose of a decent discussion we should probably assume $7 mil or less and anything over is icing on the cake. Still though we would have to find a player that would be worth it and paid over $7 million. Just look at the list there is not many if any. Most are way over paid in the $7-9 million range.

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

Yeah i've read that PEC but we all know that otis never tells the truth and most news reporting doesnt actually take the time to figure it out. they just take what someone else said and regurgitate it. Plus If anyone can show me how we got a 7mil TPE out of that trade i'd love to see it.

CBSSportsline, ESPN (several different writers), Hoopshype, and Yahoo Sports have all reported that the TE is slightly above 7 million.

They can't all be wrong.

Look because of the BYC issue NathanRule pointed out it is either the $9.1 or the $6.9 it cannot be anything but those two numbers.

But then you can make the trade within 120 or 125% plus $100,000 correct? That would give you flexibility on the high side.

tru knappy so basically we could take back a contract 9.96+100k if we have an 8.3 TPE

quote:

quote:

actually i just found turks last years salary was 6.86 meaning a 120% raise would be 8.332(added 100k) / 9.4 / 10.4 / 11.5 / 12.7

If you add that up with 10.5 percent raises you get 52.33 million i rounded the numbers down...so the deal is being reported as a 52.8 million dollar deal thats pretty close.

If you add 100K to 8.332 you get 8.442 - are you referring to his new contract starting at 9.4 or is your math bad?

sorry knappy it was 8.232 i added the 100k in to 8.332

For us to get Battier we need a lot of things to go our way.

1. a very slow start to their season

2. Bad news to the recovery of McGrady and Yao

3. Ariza, Budinger, and Jermaine Taylor playing well enough to render Battier expendable.

if these conditions are met i can see us trading gortat and TPE for Battier (i know you cant combine but it works out in the end)

quote:

quote:

quote:

actually i just found turks last years salary was 6.86 meaning a 120% raise would be 8.332(added 100k) / 9.4 / 10.4 / 11.5 / 12.7

If you add that up with 10.5 percent raises you get 52.33 million i rounded the numbers down...so the deal is being reported as a 52.8 million dollar deal thats pretty close.

If you add 100K to 8.332 you get 8.442 - are you referring to his new contract starting at 9.4 or is your math bad?

sorry knappy it was 8.232 i added the 100k in to 8.332

LOL

quote:

quote:

Actually you would add the 100k to either last years salary which was around $6.8 mil or the possible two traded salaries which would have been $8.232 mil with the Bird Rights raises or the $9 million with the 8% raises. Either way those are the 3 numbers that are possible. Those 3 numbers you would add an additional 100k to.

I am simply here to point out that the Knicks pick in 2010 belongs to the Jazz and its totally unprotected.

One last gift leftover from the Isiah Thomas era.