quote:
Originally posted by Arroyo fan:

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by obie:

^I understand that but it gets annoying in some cases such as the Carlos Arroyo crap where all the Puerto Ricans wanted him starting and would always ***** about it.

to a degree I understand...but, we here in the states, we have been blessed with an over saturation of talent in basketball, we don't feel such a great need to follow a particular player, because next year there will most likely be another guy filling his shoes...we have so much talent in the league right now, we can spread it out a bit, and just enjoy the game as a whole...

there are some people even still that choose to follow the likes of LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Dwight etc. and they will move around with that player, nothing wrong with that...some people feel a connection to certain players...

as for Arroyo, man, nothing better than the Pr fans that would show up all decked out and would scream their heads off at Hill/SVG if Arroyo wasnt in the game...

"c'mon papi, he's the best player in the Magic's put him in!"

Dude those Arroyo fans at games annoyed the **** out of me and everyone else.

I love the passion and support of true fans but they were not there for the Magic.

One game I sat 1 row in front of about 6 teenage girls who until Arroyo was on the court were all on there phones ignoring the game. They werent even watching. But when Carlos subbed in, holy **** these girls screamed, kicked me in the back of the head and draped a huge PR flag over me and my buddies heads.

That is annoying.

You know I bet they went bananas well Arroyo got in, but the kicking part hmmmmmmmmm.

When in 50 something years you had only 5 or 6 players from your country playing on the NBA you too would follow him everywhere. You are in the USA, you have like 100 options to follow a whole team always.

Thats an absolute load of rubbish, if that was the case I would be a Bulls fan to cheer Deng on, quite frankly I dont care how he plays for the bulls I only care when he plays for the british team. Turk and Arroyo fans go crazy anytime those two were even remotely critisised.

No player is perfect and as such if they play poorly they get called out on it, that goes for every magic player - Dwight included. If these 'player' fans dont care about the magic then they shouldnt be on these boards IMO. If they do, then by all means contribute to the board like some of the good Turkish posters do on here.

Well I think most in here know and can decipher the idiots and for the most part, they are now harrassing the Toronto board.

For people that put such a premium on pride, they have very little integrity.

I pity them actually, so sad that you have to go from place to place bashing and acting like they do. Sad lives.

Go Magic.

I wish Hedo the best (unless he's playing against the Magic), but my heart is with the Orlando Magic. Long time Magic fan and that will continue.

quote:
Originally posted by ucfknights22:

I don't really understand following one player religiously. What if they have a season ending injury? Is your season over as well? It's a team game for a reason.

You grow up in a country full of people who play a particular sport on the worlds biggest stage, so it makes sense that you don't grasp their allegiance to a particular player. How many Turkish players are there in the league? How many Puerto Rican players? It's a big deal to have only a couple of players from your country make to the NBA and represent your nation.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

Anyhow, I want to say that anyone is welcomed to stay and be a Magic fan. Those who are not interested in the magic at all and are only Hedo fans and are only going to give us problems, please get the **** out of here...thank you...:-)

you really could not of said that any better now you have the power ban those pricks

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

Who the **** cares isnt an option?

Go join the rest of the Arroyo/Darko fans.

You are not a Magic fan.

i prefer your mom's fan page

A true Magic fan will not even consider this question. We follow the Magic. They are our team. We don't go with the players that leave. We stay here and root for the Magic PERIOD. We may still like some players that leave, but quit being a fan of the Magic. Not an option!

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan57:

A true Magic fan will not even consider this question. We follow the Magic. They are our team. We don't go with the players that leave. We stay here and root for the Magic PERIOD. We may still like some players that leave, but quit being a fan of the Magic. Not an option!

Well said! Very well said!!

quote:
Originally posted by iChef:

Well said! Very well said!![/quote

Thank You! But it's true.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by iChef:

Well said! Very well said!![/quote

Thank You! But it's true.

Agree.