Sign in to follow this  
Frankie Figgs

My Better Magic team 2008

Im opinionated enough, but I think by the way Otis handles the bussiness aroud, you cant expect a lot of expensives moves this off season. We dont nedd a lot to get over the hump and be a 500 team, we just need the right mix to do it.

>How about Luke Walton?...yes Luke is a very good defender, High basketball IQ, has become a good shooter, great passer, a very good complement player.

>How about Trading Jameer for the spaniard Calderon?. It may involve some another player but we could get a 6'3'point guard, who can shoot the ball and also drive it to the basket.

>How about Signing Gerald Wallace? He wont commend Vince and Ray's $$$$ and, he is and athletic, underrated defender, great scorer, total package.

>How about Matt Barnes? Who is that guy, maybe the surprise of the playoffs,tall athletic,....

>How about Brian Skinner? hard worker, wont demand the ball to much, an exellent complement to D12 an Darko and can relegate Tonny to a back-up roll that best suits him.

My 2007-2008 team would be.

PG- Jose calderon

SG- Gerald Wallace

Sf- Hedo Torkuglu

PF- Bryan Skinner

C- Dwigth Howard

bench

Carlos Arroyo

JJ Reddick

Trevor Ariza

Tony Battie

Darko Milicic

Matt Barnes

Another PG or SG

Im opinionated enough, but I think by the way Otis handles the bussiness aroud, you cant expect a lot of expensives moves this off season. We dont nedd a lot to get over the hump and be a 500 team, we just need the right mix to do it.

>How about Luke Walton?...yes Luke is a very good defender, High basketball IQ, has become a good shooter, great passer, a very good complement player.

>How about Trading Jameer for the spaniard Calderon?. It may involve some another player but we could get a 6'3'point guard, who can shoot the ball and also drive it to the basket.

>How about Signing Gerald Wallace? He wont commend Vince and Ray's $$$$ and, he is and athletic, underrated defender, great scorer, total package.

>How about Matt Barnes? Who is that guy, maybe the surprise of the playoffs,tall athletic,....

>How about Brian Skinner? hard worker, wont demand the ball to much, an exellent complement to D12 an Darko and can relegate Tonny to a back-up roll that best suits him.

PG- Jose calderon

SG- Gerald Wallace

Sf- Hedo Torkuglu

PF- Bryan Skinner

C- Dwigth Howard

bench

Carlos Arroyo

JJ Reddick

Trevor Ariza

Tony Battie

Darko Milicic

Matt Barnes

Another PG or SG

quote:
Originally posted by Frankie Figgs:

PG- Jose calderon

SG- Gerald Wallace

Sf- Hedo Torkuglu

PF- Bryan Skinner

C- Dwigth Howard

bench

Carlos Arroyo

JJ Reddick

Trevor Ariza

Tony Battie

Darko Milicic

Matt Barnes

Another PG or SG

At no point do you explain how we're going to obtain any of those players. Why would anyone trade Calderon for Jameer and anyone else on our team except Dwight or Darko? How are we getting Walton? And if we pick up all those extra contracts, how could we afford Wallace?

And why start Skinner over Darko? Why start Hedo period?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

PG- Jose calderon

SG- Gerald Wallace

Sf- Hedo Torkuglu

PF- Bryan Skinner

C- Dwigth Howard

bench

Carlos Arroyo

JJ Reddick

Trevor Ariza

Tony Battie

Darko Milicic

Matt Barnes

Another PG or SG

At no point do you explain how we're going to obtain any of those players. Why would anyone trade Calderon for Jameer and anyone else on our team except Dwight or Darko? How are we getting Walton? And if we pick up all those extra contracts, how could we afford Wallace?

And why start Skinner over Darko? Why start Hedo period?

Skynner????? what?????????

quote:
Originally posted by MagicMan83:

PG- Jose calderon

SG- Gerald Wallace

Sf- Hedo Torkuglu

PF- Bryan Skinner

C- Dwigth Howard

bench

Carlos Arroyo

JJ Reddick

Trevor Ariza

Tony Battie

Darko Milicic

Matt Barnes

Another PG or SG

Grant Hill? Keyon Dooling? Pat Garrity? James Augistine? Marcin Gortat? Do we just let Diener walk? Should we really trade Jammer based on a bad season? I think we should give him a chance with a good coach and see what happens. I like wallace but I think Otis want JJ to start next season. Plus Ariza can become a player like Wallace.

Like everyone else has mentioned Toronto isn't going to trade Calderon especially for Jameer. I think Luke Walton is a very solid player but so do the Lakers most notably Phil Jackson who loves him. We would have to give up a quality player to get him because I don't think he's a free agent (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I like the other players you have mentioned. Gerald Wallace is at the top of my list of players to be signed. I like Barnes and Blake as well but I think they may be out of the Magic's price range. Skinner (is he a free agent?) should be affordable and would be a solid pick up. He had better not start over Milicic though.

Hey I made up the message, is only an opinion. Why are you guys so mad and asking me questions??.Of course I dont know how is getting done, Im a simple fan,and Skinner over Darko is the same as Tony over Skinner. Darko does not show starting material on a consistent basis and my statement of him not starting over Battie or Skinner is based only on chemistry on the starring 5 and depht on the bench. I agree that darko should play over 30 mins next season so dont get so mad if Darko is not a starter. I dont think that Nelson is better in up-tempo....Did you read the lead up statements of....HOW ABOUT???? I'm just daydreaming....mannnnn

Some of us like to have information and we like to know if the moves are realistic. There have been many post related to re-tooling the magic roster.Some of them offer scenarios to acquire the players they mention or even list the players cap number.

Don't take it personal, Its great that you post your idea's to help the team.It's easy to say we should get Chris Paul to be our PG. The only problem is the Hornets don't want to trade Paul. So you can't buy it if it's not for sale..

And we can't exile our players. I mean we could waive them but they still would count against the cap. Then it would be even harder to get the players you mentioned.