Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

VC's expiring contract in Gortat for a Superstar in summer of 2010?

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Why not wait til Carter's contract is up in 2011 and get Melo?

That's another great possibility. If Melo wants max money, we could work out a sign and trade for Rashard's expiring, or else for VC's contract, and just buy out the $2.5M guaranteed for 2011-2012. That way VC can sign for the MLE and finish off his career with the Magic. D12 + VC + Melo + Jameer + Rashard or cap space = Crazy lineup...

deadman54

Team Leader

Posted July 13, 2009 05:53 PM Hide Post

quote:

Originally posted by Rob:

Even though i know Carter isnt going anywhere, if we was to do that the only players i would want here is Roy, James, or Wade. I ll take anyone of the 3. But Carter will impress everybody this season.

i do not want james in a magic uniform ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Why? Because he currently has to carry his team the whole game? I will reserve judgement until he is on a team with depth and see how he plays. I'd gamble on him simple because of his talent and hope he understands that scoring 30 plus points a game isn't necessary on well balanced team with good chemistry. Time may tell.

if the Magic + Fans treat him well in Orlando (even better than toronto did. Tough) Vince will mabye sign for cheap to finish off his new career with the Magic. N I agree that lineup would be dirty.

But I'm more focused on this upcoming year with our incredible line up

quote:
Caliman

Prospect

Posted July 13, 2009 07:43 PM Hide Post

Lebron is such a crybaby. ESPN has their heads so far up Lebron and Kobe's a%@. We hardly ever get any respect. The only person that really stuck up for us in the playoffs was Barkley.

re: Get Lebron and get instant respect...sad but true. The media thrives on highlights and nothing is better than a driving dunk over another player or a ridiculous 3 pointer at the end of a game to win. Good team play from good players gets much less respect..i.e. Orlando Magic!

Meh, they didnt make that trade so VC could be a rental. He has a team option at the end of his contract. We'll get two full seasons out of him before we think trade, I'm sure. Even then, a trade is not a certainty.

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA:

Could the signing of Gortat be a strategic move to bring in a superstar free agent to pair up with Dwight??? I think Otis may be thinking that Marcin is an asset that is only gaining in value so he might be a steal in a year or two for that price. Big centers are hard to come by and I think Marcin can be a starter on 90% of the teams in the leage. Him paired up with VC's expiring contract might be enough to do a sign and trade for a big time player??????

Gortat will be gone by the trade deadline. With the luxury tax if we keep Gortat we will be paying him 12 million dollars this year. That will never happen and as long as we trade him we won't have to pay that tax. Gortat will be gone by the trade deadline so talking abot 2010 is pointless.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA:

Could the signing of Gortat be a strategic move to bring in a superstar free agent to pair up with Dwight??? I think Otis may be thinking that Marcin is an asset that is only gaining in value so he might be a steal in a year or two for that price. Big centers are hard to come by and I think Marcin can be a starter on 90% of the teams in the leage. Him paired up with VC's expiring contract might be enough to do a sign and trade for a big time player??????

Gortat will be gone by the trade deadline. With the luxury tax if we keep Gortat we will be paying him 12 million dollars this year. That will never happen and as long as we trade him we won't have to pay that tax. Gortat will be gone by the trade deadline so talking abot 2010 is pointless.

**** man, this is just a fun, hypothetical thread. You are the most serious and negative person on this board. You should learn to lighten up and have some fun.

I think Toronto would have a lot of interest in Gortat if they know Bosh is leaving. They love all things European and Bargnani could just move to the 4 spot, where he fits better anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by t1meband1t:

quote:
Caliman

Prospect

Lebron is such a crybaby. ESPN has their heads so far up Lebron and Kobe's a%@. We hardly ever get any respect. The only person that really stuck up for us in the playoffs was Barkley.

re: Get Lebron and get instant respect...sad but true. The media thrives on highlights and nothing is better than a driving dunk over another player or a ridiculous 3 pointer at the end of a game to win. Good team play from good players gets much less respect..i.e. Orlando Magic!

..U just basically described Vince Carter.

gah, u really think LeCrab n Dwight would work well together? That wont work. Who will be the center of the team. LeBron wants to be a diva.

If anything D Wade would work well cuz hes a distributor as well. N Not a little girl about everything.

but who cares about this We have VC!

whats more important is next season. I dont get why we are searching for future replacements. Our time is now. VC!!

quote:
Originally posted by AcuWill:

On a serious note, who will be a FA when Vince comes off the books? and what year does Shard come off and who will be FA then?

Carmello Anthony anyone?

quote:
Originally posted by t1meband1t:

quote:
Caliman

Prospect

We had all of that as well. The media is so biased towards the Magic. I thought the VC deal was hardly talked about compared to the Shag and Sheed deal.

I think VC will stay here for less. This is his home and he knows he's on a title contender team. VC is starting to get a little old. He got paid, now he wants the ring.