Sign in to follow this  
moldy_hobo

Sentinel now confirming Magic matching to retain Gortat

quote:
Originally posted by gatorbait1689:

im scared now. why was the title changed to add a question mark icon_frown.gif

Yeah this is certainly weird... Yesterday a few guys said they saw it in the news that Magic will match... Does that still stand??? Please tell me yes ... Moldy Hobo can't be wrong...

Well we are all working on speculation. Whether this "moldy hobo" is correct or not, we will not know until we know, so Ill hold out either way.

The Mavs fans aren't too happy. I went on there and explain my position about this deal and they got kinda upset. I guess if it we're us, we would be the same way.

I personally hope we let Marcin go. I just think there are other positions we need to address and I don't think we have a place for him with the money we are spending if we match. 7 mil a year is a chunk for 15 min of production, not to mention if we don't trade, it doubles.

But Otis knows what he's doing and I believe that.

I BELIEVE IT WAS THIS THREAD OR ANOTHER THAT SAID THEY SAW IT ON CHANNEL 6 NEWS.

I CHECKED THE SITE ALL THEY HAVE IS VINCE CARTER TO MAGIC IN DEAL........WHEN THE EFF DID WE GET VINCE?

LOL CHANNEL 6 GOT SOME QUICK 1'S OVER THERE

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

Well we are all working on speculation. Whether this "moldy hobo" is correct or not, we will not know until we know, so Ill hold out either way.

The Mavs fans aren't too happy. I went on there and explain my position about this deal and they got kinda upset. I guess if it we're us, we would be the same way.

I personally hope we let Marcin go. I just think there are other positions we need to address and I don't think we have a place for him with the money we are spending if we match. 7 mil a year is a chunk for 15 min of production, not to mention if we don't trade, it doubles.

Honestly I don't know why they are upset... They got Shawn Marion and we helped them... He is a very good player which can play different positions and that replaces Bass very good IMO.

quote:

Agreed.

quote:
Originally posted by Icemansync:

quote:

Honestly I don't know why they are upset... They got Shawn Marion and we helped them... He is a very good player which can play different positions and that replaces Bass very good IMO.

They are upset because they have gotten their hopes up for Marcin and it's in limbo now. Where before with such a large offer, they thought they had him.

We all know we would be the same way for the most part but it is a business and until the dotted line is signed, nothing is in stone.

I actually went in there and "kindly" said that I thought that the Magic owing the Mavs anything because of the trade or some sort of agreement is ludicrous. You don't have anything until you have something, and as of right now, Marcin is the property of the Orlando Magic.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

Agreed.

We currently only have the ability to address those needs through vet minimum contracts and the minimal amount remaining from the MLE, and trades. Matching Dallas' offer for Gortat gives us a valuable trade asset we can use to address roster needs.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

quote:

Agreed.

We currently only have the ability to address those needs through vet minimum contracts and the minimal amount remaining from the MLE, and trades. Matching Dallas' offer for Gortat gives us a valuable trade asset we can use to address roster needs.

-to the desperate rockets for shane battier any1?

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agreed.

I know it's a "what if", BUT, what if Gortat gets injured and we can't trade him? That's alot of change to be spending on a backup. Not to mention, with Lewis, Bass, and RA, where are his minutes going to be? At the 5? Are we going to sit Dwight longer on purpose?

I know you can easily say the same about Dwight getting injured/suspended/etc., but I just would rather let Marcin go to Dallas where IMO he'd be happier (starting obviously) and let us not risk the luxury tax. I could only imagine if this LT experiment fails, that DeVos thinks twice about being willing to pay it in the future.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agreed.

That may be so. But he does have a say where he goes and that could be a stickler.

Also what if he gets hurt, then we would be stuck for a guaranteed contract and no recourse.

This is a gamble, one that I hope pays off for us.