Sign in to follow this  
moldy_hobo

Sentinel now confirming Magic matching to retain Gortat

quote:
I'll believe it when it's on Twitter and Facebook. That's when I'll know it's confirmed true.

LOL

I will repeat,

Otis has said all along that he would match all offers and wanted to retain Gortat. How is that burning bridges? In my mind Cuban was the one who crossed Otis.

quote:
Originally posted by HighAngleEd:

Question for the haters of this deal....

Let me ask another question. God forbid, but what if D12 gets injured for extended periods of time. Which out of Gortat/Bass/Anderson do you want to start in his place???

This must be the most neglected question of the off season!!!!

Give me Gortat.....pissed off or not, now in 6 months if Mr. Bass and Anderson can provide a quality service, well it is still worth it overall! Matching Gortat would be in the best interest of the Magic TEAM!

quote:
Originally posted by moldy_hobo:

he wants to be a starter, and obviously we can't make him one.

If the Magic go to the finals again he will change his mind. The ultimate goal is to get a ring.

Don't bring up Hedo. We were not going to keep him.

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

Question, because I dont want to search through 14 pages. Is this really official? Or Moldy Hobo official? Are there any links? Because I think the Hobo is legit, but I won't 100% believe it until the media starts picking up on it. I dont want to get my hopes up!

it's far from being legit. no links. no rumors. nothing. i'm believing it less and less at this point. you would assume that something would be mentioned by now..

MOLDY HOBO is awesome. I feel like he's some mystery dude with a mask like in V for Vandetta. Haha... keep the good news comin robin hood. And let's see where this Gortat ordeal takes us!

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

If the Magic go to the finals again he will change his mind. The ultimate goal is to get a ring.

I disagree with you. For young NBA players, its primarily about making money and starting. Not that they don't care about winning a ring, but the other two trump winning a ring for a while.

That's why you will usually see some vets take a pay cut, sometimes a big one, for a chance at winning the title. Gortat wants to start, bottom line. He knows he can't do that in Orlando, so its limiting for him.

With that said, **** Gortat, you're backing up Howard for a while so deal with it! :P

I refuse to get my hopes up about this until I see an actual link (sorry Mr. Moldy)

Re-signing Gortat + the Bass signing would really make me feel better about the VC trade, and the entire off-season in general.

Throw in a player like Barnes or Wafer + another big like Ratliff and I'd say we did really well four ourselves (although losing Courtney will always bug me). I'd never thought this was even possible after the VC trade.. But until we see the rest of Otis' plan I am not going to celebrate.