Sign in to follow this  
New Guy

Minute Distribution

Alright, so this is an interest topic of discussion. Right now, it's anyones guess of what lineup we go with. Some believe we just slide Bass into the starting lineup and keep everything as is...while others think Peaches will start at SF w/ Lewis at the 4 once again...and then some think Carter will start at SF (terribe idea) and then Redick or Peaches would start at the 2.

So yeah, lots of ways to go. I'm hoping Bass starts, myself. Maybe about 30 or close to it...so that would enable use to still play Pietrus in there w/ Lewis at the 4 in nice healthy chunks. Still run, run, run and spread the floor when we feel the need or the matchups are better.

But yeah, that brings us to minute distribution. VC gets a lot more playing time than Lee. That right there alone may cut into Pietrus' time. And if we go to double SF lineups that could hurt Anderson's time. Because, Lewis plays 36+ minutes. Any way you cut it, our bench isnt going to get a lot of play or extended time.

So, that means we'll have potentially...Pietrus, Redick, Anderson, and Barnes off the bench. All guys who play roughly 20 minutes per or more. And there would just be no way to accomidate all of them.

PG Jameer Neslon: 30+ minutes

PG Anthony Johnson: 15-18 minutes

SG: Vince Carter: 37 minutes

SG: J.J. Redick: 17 minutes

SG/SF: Mickael Pietrus: 24 minutes (low average)

PF: Rashard Lewis: 36 minutes

PF: Brandon Bass: 19 minutes

PF: Ryan Anderson: 19 minutes

C: Dwight Howard: 36 minutes

C: Marcin Gortat: 12+ minutes

you want to add Barnes, that is 27 minutes last season.

These were their averages last year.

You certainly expect Bass' minutes to climb considerably.

But anyway, with so many minutes tied up into the starters. I dont see how guys like Gortat or Anderson will see more playing time this year. Getting Anderson on the floor would seem like a bit of a chore in itself. But what I'm getting at is there would be no way to get Redick, Pietrus, Anderson, and Gortat the minutes they all covet off the bench. And then Barnes?

You guys have any predictions of how the minutes will be spread among our guys? It would definetlly seem like our bench's minutes would take a hit.

Alright, so this is an interest topic of discussion. Right now, it's anyones guess of what lineup we go with. Some believe we just slide Bass into the starting lineup and keep everything as is...while others think Peaches will start at SF w/ Lewis at the 4 once again...and then some think Carter will start at SF (terribe idea) and then Redick or Peaches would start at the 2.

So yeah, lots of ways to go. I'm hoping Bass starts, myself. Maybe about 30 or close to it...so that would enable use to still play Pietrus in there w/ Lewis at the 4 in nice healthy chunks. Still run, run, run and spread the floor when we feel the need or the matchups are better.

But yeah, that brings us to minute distribution. VC gets a lot more playing time than Lee. That right there alone may cut into Pietrus' time. And if we go to double SF lineups that could hurt Anderson's time. Because, Lewis plays 36+ minutes. Any way you cut it, our bench isnt going to get a lot of play or extended time.

So, that means we'll have potentially...Pietrus, Redick, Anderson, and Barnes off the bench. All guys who play roughly 20 minutes per or more. And there would just be no way to accomidate all of them.

PG Jameer Neslon: 30+ minutes

PG Anthony Johnson: 15-18 minutes

SG: Vince Carter: 37 minutes

SG: J.J. Redick: 17 minutes

SG/SF: Mickael Pietrus: 24 minutes (low average)

PF: Rashard Lewis: 36 minutes

PF: Brandon Bass: 19 minutes

PF: Ryan Anderson: 19 minutes

C: Dwight Howard: 36 minutes

C: Marcin Gortat: 12+ minutes

you want to add Barnes, that is 27 minutes last season.

These were their averages last year.

You certainly expect Bass' minutes to climb considerably.

But anyway, with so many minutes tied up into the starters. I dont see how guys like Gortat or Anderson will see more playing time this year. Getting Anderson on the floor would seem like a bit of a chore in itself. But what I'm getting at is there would be no way to get Redick, Pietrus, Anderson, and Gortat the minutes they all covet off the bench. And then Barnes?

You guys have any predictions of how the minutes will be spread among our guys? It would definetlly seem like our bench's minutes would take a hit.

This might be the most discussion-worthy thread in days. My answer is that I believe Redick gets cut out of the rotation entirely if Barnes comes. The minutes at the 3 and 4 are where it gets tricky. I expect Lewis to split time at both. Of course, because of the flexibility of our roster, this would obviously depend on the matchups of teams.

Point Guard

Nelson - 30-35 minutes

Johnson - the rest

Shooting Guard

Carter - 35 min

Pietrus - 13 min

Barnes/Redick - cleanup minutes when there is foul trouble

Small Forward

Lewis - 17-18 minutes

Pietrus - 10-15 minutes

Barnes - 10-15 minutes

Power Forward

Lewis - 17-18 minutes

Bass - 15-20 minutes

Anderson - 15-20 minutes

Center

Dwight - 35-40 min depending on foul trouble or close game

Gortat/Backup C if we don't match - the rest

The guys who won't get a lot of minutes are Barnes and Redick. Barnes could see significant time if Lewis plays more at the 4, or Pietrus is in foul trouble (happens a lot). Bass and Anderson will see more minutes when Lewis plays more at the 3. Of course, foul trouble and matchups dictate changes. At any rate, trying to figure out who gets the minutes is a very nice problem to have. If we get Barnes, and match and decide to keep Gortat, the only need we would have is to try to bring in a 3rd PG, hopefully an upgrade over AJ.

This team is getting DEEP.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

Ryan Anderson is going to get ****ed, and if Bass starts im going to be PISSED he's not a starting caliber player

couldn't be more wrong on this one.

quote:

Ryan Anderson is going to get ****ed, and if Bass starts im going to be PISSED he's not a starting caliber player

What are you smoking breh?

I think now that we have a big SG with playmaking skills - Vince, we'll also see Redick in the PG spot.

quote:
Originally posted by random:

I think now that we have a big SG with playmaking skills - Vince, we'll also see Redick in the PG spot.

Occasionally with Vince running the offense.

quote:

Sorry boss. you got this one wrong and it kind of upsets me you would open your mouth before having a valid point. (of course alot of guys do that on here so no worries)

Ive been watchin Anderson in the Summer League and he definitely looks impressive. With that said, Bass is the starter. He has proved himself a worthy defender of big guys and adds a huge dimension to our team that we lacked last year... that is when D12 steps 5 feet away from the basket its an automatic putback dunk for the other team. Ryan chillin on the 3 point line wont change that. Bass bangin right behind Dwight will.

GO MAGIC***

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

What are you smoking breh?

I think he invented a new drug. He rolled up Poison Ivy.