Sign in to follow this  
Nelson3

bruno

The movie is making fun of homophobic people. If you find it funny but some of the scenes made you feel uncomfortable, you really don't get it. The joke is on you.

The Bruno character is meant to show how normal and accepted it is to be homophobic and bigoted. Just like Borat is meant to do with racism and nationalism. Yeah, it's mostly for comedy and judging by the Borat movie (I haven't seen Bruno yet), the movie versions of these characters focus a little less on getting reactions out of real people and more on scripted routines. But the characters themselves are designed to make people feel uncomfortable and to bring out their prejudices.

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

The movie is making fun of homophobic people. If you find it funny but some of the scenes made you feel uncomfortable, you really don't get it. The joke is on you.

The Bruno character is meant to show how normal and accepted it is to be homophobic and bigoted. Just like Borat is meant to do with racism and nationalism. Yeah, it's mostly for comedy and judging by the Borat movie (I haven't seen Bruno yet), the movie versions of these characters focus a little less on getting reactions out of real people and more on scripted routines. But the characters themselves are designed to make people feel uncomfortable and to bring out their prejudices.

funny-dog-pictures-why-so-serious.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:

Who says I'm serious? I think it's funny as hell that a good portion of the movie's audience is part of the joke, and they don't even realize it.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Nelson3:

no i dont think their was any reason except make a funny movie n get millions.lol

Outside of the Borat and Bruno movies, you're not very familiar with the guy, are you?

no. all i know is he is a comedian

quote:

quote:

quote:

Who says I'm serious? I think it's funny as hell that a good portion of the movie's audience is part of the joke, and they don't even realize it.

So true, i'm lucky enough to have watched his genious for years. His Ali G tv show was soooooo funny. People should check it out he basically makes out he's some black gangster with no brains, gets interviews with people like the head of the FBI, intially hits them with some daft questions then nails them with really difficult ones and then they squirm like hell lol

quote:

quote:

quote:

wat is the show called he has in another country?

quote:
Originally posted by Nelson3:

wat is the show called he has in another country?

Da Ali G Show. It started in the UK and HBO picked it up for a couple of seasons several years ago. I've only seen a few things from the British version, but the HBO episodes are hilarious.

Ali G, Borat and Bruno are his three characters and they basically go around interviewing normal people and important political figures and just messing with them.

bruno is funny as hell, but borat was better but i think thats because most of the people had no idea what to expect where as with bruno a lot of people had already seen the character from da ali g show

Golick on Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN said he walked out before the movie was over. Definitely he either didn't get it or he was not comfortable with his sexuality.

My son saw the movie and said it definitely has a message and if you aren't open minded, don't waste your money. People got up and walked out while he was there but he said it was a hillarious movie. Even the gay community gives it a thumbs up even though they say it is vulgar in parts.

quote:
Originally posted by lforce31:

bruno is funny as hell, but borat was better but i think thats because most of the people had no idea what to expect where as with bruno a lot of people had already seen the character from da ali g show

Borat was also in da ali g show