Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

With Houston in need should Otis match? Barnes info(Denton & Povtak)

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

No Ball Junkie, we shouldnt make a play for Barnes. We should just match the offer and trade Gortat for Battier. We dont need anymore PFs.

Who says Houston would do that?

and barnes isn't a pf.... rodney carney is available so is marquis daniels, they might be out of our price range, but then again they might not be.

Houston will do it if they just signed Ariza to become there starter and get out of Battier contract. Battier has 1 year left on his contract. If Houston could get a starting center in Gortat only if they give up Battier than they should go for it. Battier contract will be expiring anyways. Get somebody for him.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

YES~!

In Otis I trust! Thankfully it seems as if Otis sees the wisdom in matching and trying to move him instead of just letting him walk.

As for Gortat, you're about to get an 800 percent pay raise. You'll be aight!

I think as long as Gortat can keep adding to his already souped up BMW, he should be happy. Also, a question: I thought Denton got fired, so why does he still have all this info to offer on our current situation?

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

quote:

YES~!

In Otis I trust! Thankfully it seems as if Otis sees the wisdom in matching and trying to move him instead of just letting him walk.

I think as long as Gortat can keep adding to his already souped up BMW, he should be happy. Also, a question: I thought Denton got fired, so why does he still have all this info to offer on our current situation?

He was just on espn radio discussing things, and one thing he brought up was that he thinks they will match Gortat and trade him to either Houston/Dallas. Take it for what it is worth.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

No Ball Junkie, we shouldnt make a play for Barnes. We should just match the offer and trade Gortat for Battier. We dont need anymore PFs.

I'm confused. Are you calling Gortat a power forward...or Barnes?

Well Ball Junkie asked should we match Gortat and trade him to houston for one of there sf or pf and forget about getting Barnes.

So i said no to picking up Barnes and use Gortat in a trade fo Battier who has only 1 year left on his contract.

When i said WE DONT NEED ANYMORE PFS i meant that we already have Lewis Bass Anderson, so why bring another one here.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

and barnes isn't a pf.... rodney carney is available so is marquis daniels, they might be out of our price range, but then again they might not be.

Houston will do it if they just signed Ariza to become there starter and get out of Battier contract. Battier has 1 year left on his contract. If Houston could get a starting center in Gortat only if they give up Battier than they should go for it. Battier contract will be expiring anyways. Get somebody for him.

Houston also just lost Artest, so I dont' see why they wouldn't to just like having Battier and Ariza starting instead of Battier and Artest. I figure Ariza is Artests' replacement, not Battiers. They could really use some offense though because neither Ariza (unless playing Orlando in the finals) or Battier are real offensive weapons.

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

quote:

quote:

YES~!

He was just on espn radio discussing things, and one thing he brought up was that he thinks they will match Gortat and trade him to either Houston/Dallas. Take it for what it is worth.

I like that the OMMB isn't the only ones thinking sign Gortat and trade him if needs be. Denton could just be stealing ideas from our threads though...scoundrel.

I edited the original post with the stuff from Povtak...that was very interesting...made me think that if Otis thinks he can abstract something from Houston or anybody else that he will indeed match Marcin...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

YES~!

I like that the OMMB isn't the only ones thinking sign Gortat and trade him if needs be. Denton could just be stealing ideas from our threads though...scoundrel.

haha could be

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I edited the original post with the stuff from Povtak...that was very interesting...made me think that if Otis thinks he can abstract something from Houston or anybody else that he will indeed match Marcin...

that is exactly what I am thinking. but other than Battier who would you want from Houston?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Houston also just lost Artest, so I dont' see why they wouldn't to just like having Battier and Ariza starting instead of Battier and Artest. I figure Ariza is Artests' replacement, not Battiers. They could really use some offense though because neither Ariza (unless playing Orlando in the finals) or Battier are real offensive weapons.

Well look at Houston's roster, they no other center besides Yao. Yeah they play Landry and Scola at center at times. But their not true centers. Gortat is. If you had a chance at getting him just for 1 of your small forwards then go for it. You can always pickup a small forward(BARNES) but you cant always find a good big man. Gortat has potential and Houston knows it. If Yao was healthy than i doubt if they would have pursued Gortat but since he is, they really dont have no other options then go after Gorat. Unless they plan on playing Scola and Landry at the center.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

that is exactly what I am thinking. but other than Battier who would you want from Houston?

Kyle Lowry? Man if Otis got him and signed Barnes we would be STACKED.