Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

remaining MLE money,we can now offer someone a 3 year, 6 million dollar contract/who?

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by DontPushMe:

i was originally a barnes guy, but now im more for wafer

barnes imo is basically a poor mans pietrus, i cant think of anything that barnes would give us that pietrus doesnt do better, wafer brings something different to this team, he would be a legitimate scoring threat off the bench and has nice potential as a scorer

he could remind a lot of people here of lee if he can become a better defender

if we cant get wafer, kleiza would be cool

barnes, wafer, kleiza in that order for me. i like barnes' versatility. it allows us to play around with lineups more. plus barnes is a solid rebounder. in the playoffs, we weren't being beaten because we were being outscored, we were beaten because we gave teams too many second chance opportunities with missed rebounds. so yeah. i'm all for rebounding and defense this time around. we have such a strong offense that we'll score a lot.

Ok if we did get Barnes, where would he fit in the rotation? If we moved Lewis back to the 3 and Carter is our 2 most likely Pietrus will backup both the 2 and 3 playing about 24 minutes. I believe Pietrus has earned that 6th man role. If Bass starts then Anderson will back him up with the remaining minutes. So where does Barnes fit in our rotation? Unless he takes Johnson minutes and we dont play with a backup pg in our rotation and just let Carter and Nelson run the offense. I just dont see where he would get any minutes.

if that's the case then where is anyone else we get going to get minutes?

Do not want Wafer. He has been a cancer since he played at Florida State. Same guy who got sent to the locker room in the middle of a playoff game last year by Rick Adelman.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

barnes imo is basically a poor mans pietrus, i cant think of anything that barnes would give us that pietrus doesnt do better, wafer brings something different to this team, he would be a legitimate scoring threat off the bench and has nice potential as a scorer

barnes, wafer, kleiza in that order for me. i like barnes' versatility. it allows us to play around with lineups more. plus barnes is a solid rebounder. in the playoffs, we weren't being beaten because we were being outscored, we were beaten because we gave teams too many second chance opportunities with missed rebounds. so yeah. i'm all for rebounding and defense this time around. we have such a strong offense that we'll score a lot.

Ok if we did get Barnes, where would he fit in the rotation? If we moved Lewis back to the 3 and Carter is our 2 most likely Pietrus will backup both the 2 and 3 playing about 24 minutes. I believe Pietrus has earned that 6th man role. If Bass starts then Anderson will back him up with the remaining minutes. So where does Barnes fit in our rotation? Unless he takes Johnson minutes and we dont play with a backup pg in our rotation and just let Carter and Nelson run the offense. I just dont see where he would get any minutes.

There not.

Only minutes we have available is the backup center minutes. Lewis and Carter will be taking most of the SG and SF minutes UNLESS SVG figures out that Carter can run the offense and let him pickup the backup pg minutes freeing up minutes for Barnes. That can work. Other than that i just dont see a way to get Barnes in our rotation.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

There not.

Only minutes we have available is the backup center minutes. Lewis and Carter will be taking most of the SG and SF minutes UNLESS SVG figures out that Carter can run the offense and let him pickup the backup pg minutes freeing up minutes for Barnes. That can work. Other than that i just dont see a way to get Barnes in our rotation.

that makes sense. i think our lineup is fine rotation wise now but if we had to get another wing player or whatever, i'd prefer barnes. but i just don't see where any more players are going to get playing time from