quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Some of you on here act like were done signing players in free agency. We still need a backup center. So why are people still trying to get Matt Barnes here when thats not even a top need for us. Otis is not done yet.

I think Barnes is just about the best we can afford with the rest of the MLE. I don't know of any PGs we could get that would be better than AJ with the money we have, and there really aren't a lot of good C options out there. I think Otis needs to get Gortat or just use the Vet Min on a C, but as for the 1.7 million of MLE we have left, just use it on Barnes and get it over with. He's not a top need, but we should just nab him while we can.

Ugh it's.. it's MATT BARNES.

Here just look at this. There's gotta be something better out there than Barnes that can be had for 1.7 in the first year.

http://www.nba.com/freeagents/2009/

EDIT: What about Anthony Carter? Brevin Knight? Gerald Green??

I dunno, just.. ugh.

I'm a semi-Golden State Warrior fan. You know how many times I yelled at my TV at Don Nelson, "Barnes?? C'monnnn where's Pietrus!?"

There's a reason for that.

I'm not bolding Brevin Knight because he's darker than everyone else, but because I gotta say no. I got a chance to see him a lot last season with the Jazz, and he seriously was an instant turnover when he came in.

I actually haven't really checked the FA list in depth and I'm sure there might be something better than Barnes, but at 1.7 million, I don't think you can go too wrong.

hahaha! I lol'd. Knight is so black.

-Does anyone know what ESPN is saying about the trade? Im not at home, no TV.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

why do people CARE about paying Gortat $$$ to play backup minutes? Who gives a F. are YOU paying the tax? Man, if Owners don't mind spending to make the best possible, so be it.

WELCOME BACK TAT

Thank you nyce!!!!!!

We should't HAVE to play Dwight 40 minutes a night because we have no quality player behind him, we can find minutes for Gortat at PF, this is what baffles me people think Bass is a better fit for us.

***? Gortat rebounds better, defends better, blocks shots better, and can play center, which Bass cannot do

Agreed, because Dwight plays only 75% of the game (36 minutes). That 12 minutes a game Gortat would play at Center, plus another 10 at Power Forward would make us tough. Without him, we really will spread Dwight thin. We actually need Gortat and one more Center like Ratliff.

does gortat pay you by the post/thread to ride his junk so much?

Yep I am his personal junk assistant.

WELCOME BACK TAT!!!

does he pay well? i have bills to pay too ya know

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

why do people CARE about paying Gortat $$$ to play backup minutes? Who gives a F. are YOU paying the tax? Man, if Owners don't mind spending to make the best possible, so be it.

WELCOME BACK TAT

Thank you nyce!!!!!!

We should't HAVE to play Dwight 40 minutes a night because we have no quality player behind him, we can find minutes for Gortat at PF, this is what baffles me people think Bass is a better fit for us.

***? Gortat rebounds better, defends better, blocks shots better, and can play center, which Bass cannot do

Agreed, because Dwight plays only 75% of the game (36 minutes). That 12 minutes a game Gortat would play at Center, plus another 10 at Power Forward would make us tough. Without him, we really will spread Dwight thin. We actually need Gortat and one more Center like Ratliff.

Ratliff is washed up though....

Late coming on. Wow. "God Hates Magic Fans" you certainly have taken an odd take on this signing. It seems you are the only one. It's a slam dunk for me and almost everyone else on this board.

But now you are going all over the place. You complain here that Ratlif is washed up? What would you want for a player that will be 10th to 11th on the bench, an all-star?

You complain about Bass which is your right, but you then say you're VERY concerned about what the signing will do to Anderson. So you're already sold on Anderson who has a year in the league but not on Bass? Bewildering.

I would like that even more. Just keep Gortat to backup Howard and give him extended minutes at the 4. Giving him 20mpg. Im all for that. Maybe Otis has no plans of trading him at all.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WELCOME BACK TAT

Thank you nyce!!!!!!

Late coming on. Wow. "God Hates Magic Fans" you certainly have taken an odd take on this signing. It seems you are the only one. It's a slam dunk for me and almost everyone else on this board.

But now you are going all over the place. You complain here that Ratlif is washed up? What would you want for a player that will be 10th to 11th on the bench, an all-star?

You complain about Bass which is your right, but you then say you're VERY concerned about what the signing will do to Anderson. So you're already sold on Anderson who has a year in the league but not on Bass? Bewildering.

I seriously feel like the Magic should remove Lewis completely from the PF spot. Let Lewis play his minutes at SF. The 48 minutes at the PF spot can be played by Bass/Anderson/Gortat. Also Gortat can still backup Howard. If you do it this way Gortat can get about 20mpg or more. And Bass/Anderson can compete for the starting spot and minutes played.

quote:

WELCOME BACK TAT

I think this team right now is so close to the championship that the commitment has been made that the money WILL be spent. They got the new arena, a nice loan, and a team on the verge, I think Otis was truthful, he's got the green light to spend.

But he now will need to deliver a championship.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WELCOME BACK TAT

Thank you nyce!!!!!!

does gortat pay you by the post/thread to ride his junk so much?

Yep I am his personal junk assistant.

WELCOME BACK TAT!!!

does he pay well? i have bills to pay too ya know

Just enough to get me to keep you guys in check. He needs all the fans he can get.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WELCOME BACK TAT

Thank you nyce!!!!!!

Ratliff is better than Foyle, but Foyle is basically Otis's boy so I would bet we have Foyle back for the minimum to back up Tat.

quote:

Disgusting, we overpaid for a 4th big who can't play center when we already have our backup PF.

Just a pathetic move

You're kidding, right? Both Bass and Anderson played some backup center last year. At 250 pounds, Bass may not have the height of most centers, but he absolutely has the muscle and heft. Look at how Perkins and Big Baby played Dwight. Baby isn't any taller than Bass. Plus, both Shard and Anderson can play the SF, as well as the PF. That is some serious flexibility on our front line.

I'm calling it...

Patrick Chewing is coming out of retirement to backup Dwight!

You heard it here first!

The Icelandic insider has spoken!

Moldy :-) .... you crack me up! You actually go on the boards! You may officially be the first Magic player to do so ... :-) Welcome to the Magic, Brandon ... or should I say Hobo??? ;-)