Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Denton released from Florida Today + watercooler talk...

I'm not as high on Bass as others but considering our lack of bigs he's pretty much a need right now. If Otis loses him because of a measly 500k-1M he should be slapped.

Good news regarding Nate, we have too many shooters as it is...we don't need a PG who loves to chuck it up at the rate Nate does.

Ratliff for the minimum isn't terrible, not an impact signing at all but I'll admit he is a big upgrade over air.

As for the cooler talk.

I like it. I still think Otis is a genius and always has a master plan. If he pulls this off, this guy better win Executive of the year this season.

Think about it.

Dwight/Ratliff

Bass/Anderson

Lew/Peaches

VC/Barnes

Jameer/AJ

Holy schnikies. I'm ready for Magic Basketball.

Great stuff Nyce. Basically all of that is good news. Combine that with the massive TPE we are looking to get and I'm finally happy with the way things are moving. That's too bad about Denton. First Povtak and then Denton. We're stuck with Schmitz...

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Threads like this are why I troll the forums for an hour straight sometimes. Quality stuff.

So true.

Nyce, how do you know these things? I may have missed it in the past so sorry if it's something you've explained before.

Otis is a straight up BEAST of a GM if he gets Barnes/Bass/Ratliff, then add a PG from the summer league and the roster is set.

In Otis you better freaking trust

I think after they fill out their roster, Colangelo beat Otis this summer. That team will be serious with the right pieces.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Threads like this are why I troll the forums for an hour straight sometimes. Quality stuff.

So true.

Nyce, how do you know these things? I may have missed it in the past so sorry if it's something you've explained before.

Nyce and I are good friends...I frequently call him to discuss the team...John Denton and I are good friends...we discuss Magic insider stuff together...John called me tonight about 10:30 on his way home from RDV Sportsplex after attending the summer league...I could tell he was a little down about this.

Anyway, John wanted me to tell you guys he wasn't deserting you...he got caught up in a numbers game and lost his job like many others in this current economic climate.

I called Nyce and told him what I knew and let him type it up because he is much better than me and faster and I was ready to go to bed, lol.

Lastly, he called me back and woke me up to tell me about this trade exception, lol...just kidding Nyce...I'm glad he woke me up for this news...

Good stuff. Bass/Barnes splitting the MLE + Ratliff would be a good offseason with VC coming in. That plus matching Gortat would be freaking amazing.

Shame about Denton. Between him and Povtak, seems like all the good ones are losing their jobs while the chuckleheads keep getting paid.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

I think after they fill out their roster, Colangelo beat Otis this summer. That team will be serious with the right pieces.

Nah. They will be a playoff team but they went from soft to supersoft with Hedo replacing Marion. Their starting 5 will score a ton of points, but they are no where near as complete and talented as ours is, especially if we get Bass. Also, they don't have anybody close to Pietrus coming off their bench.