Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

Report: Turk dealt to TOR for TPE. Page 17.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:
Originally posted by Magic4832:

quote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4314637

The Raptors and Magic agreed to handle Turkoglu as a sign and trade for two reasons. First it allowed the Magic to acquire a significant $8 million plus trade exception. Second, it allowed the Raptors to retain their mid-level exception. The Raptors are now free to spend their full mid-level on another free agent

Yupp. Toronto is getting a good deal here...for now.

I still don't like investing $30mil a year on Turk, Barfnani and Calderon.

But their roster is gonna be nyce indeed.

Maybe you're right, but everybody has got some overpaid players. I love Rashard, but they got two of those for his price. In the end it's all about the line-up and they definitely improved. On the hand I like it because I'd love to see Turk have a succesfull time there but on the other hand I feel we made them better through this trade.

If Hedo is a BYC player, his trade value to Orlando would either be his previous years salary or 50% of his new contract, which ever was higher. It might be closer to 7 million.

Per ESPN:

quote:
The Magic, meanwhile, were motivated to join in the trade because their participation, as opposed to merely letting Turkoglu walk, will create a valuable trade exception they can use in future deals worth around $7 million.

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

If Hedo is a BYC player, his trade value to Orlando would either be his previous years salary or 50% of his new contract, which ever was higher. It might be closer to 7 million.

Per ESPN:

quote:
The Magic, meanwhile, were motivated to join in the trade because their participation, as opposed to merely letting Turkoglu walk, will create a valuable trade exception they can use in future deals worth around $7 million.

Unless Hedo's starting salary is less than $8.16 Million, he qualifies as a BYC player. At 8% raises every year, that puts his total contract value at 5yrs/47.9 million. So that likely puts the TE at Hedo's previous salary, or $6.8 million. If Hedo gets max 10.5% raises, the contract works out to 5yrs/50.3 million.

In any case, the largest possible TE we can acquire is $8.16 million.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:
Originally posted by Magic4832:

quote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4314637

The Raptors and Magic agreed to handle Turkoglu as a sign and trade for two reasons. First it allowed the Magic to acquire a significant $8 million plus trade exception. Second, it allowed the Raptors to retain their mid-level exception. The Raptors are now free to spend their full mid-level on another free agent

Stll dont get this MLe thing. Toronto cannot possibly have the MLe. they were under the cap. It doesn't make sense.

well, as I was going to try to make sense of it last night, while sorting out the pieces, before I got jumped on by Noles (who seems like a great fellow I might add), and told I was pretending to know things...it basically goes like this from my understanding...

Toronto never renounced the rights to Marion/Douby/Delfino, so they we never under the cap to begin with...ergo, they did not have to forfeit their exceptions...and the whole reason Memphis plays a part here is they can facilitate a salary dump (which is being paid for my Cuban I'm assuming with his cash), also, even though trade exceptions aren't passed a long like other trade assets, they are generated, in this deal we basically received the TE from Memphis...

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

It'll depend on where Hedo's salary starts with Toronto. The TE will either be 6.8m or Hedo's first year salary if Hedo's deal starts at 8.16m or less.

From HoopsWorld's Bill Ingram:

quote:

It seems the Dallas Mavericks are close to acquiring Shawn Marion, but it won't be a straight signing. HOOPSWORLD has learned from several sources that the Mavs are working on a four-team deal that would include a sign-and-trade with the Toronto Raptors and land the free agent forward in Dallas. While it does sound like this is being seriously discussed, we have also had conversations with sources close to the Raptors who say nothing is imminent.

One sticking point in negotiations so far, according to the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram, is that the Raptors have wanted to include point guard Marcus Banks (owed more than $9 million over the next two seasons). Another scenario, floated by NBA.com, is that Dallas would take forward Kris Humphries back in the deal, which sends Jerry Stackhouse's ending contract to Toronto, and also send $3 million in cash to the Raptors - the maximum allowed. Humphries is owed $6.1 million over the next two seasons.

To this point, the Mavs haven't had any interest in those add-ons, which is likely where other teams come into the picture. We haven't learned who they might be, only that there are supposedly now four teams involved in the discussion. It sounds like there is still some work to be done before this can happen, but it's clear the Mavericks believe they can land Marion.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13230

quote:
Originally posted by A BETTER DJ:

From realgm... looks good! * Report this post * Reply with quote Re: Toronto/Dallas: S&T Shawn Marion, Memphis is 3rd Team PG 9 New postby EViLMiKE on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:05 pm All this trade speculation is great! This has been a great lesson in Capology. For this trade what we know now for sure is 3 teams (TOR, DAL, MEM) are involved; with a possibility of a fourth team being added. Who is the 4th team? My guess - Orlando. The magic make a lot of sense being the 4th team, since they are a source and rumoured destination for players from TOR and/or DAL. I could see the trade being expanded to include at the very least Gortat, Bass, and Hedo. It's a good bet that Gortat and Bass will be trading teams, and Hedo is obviously going to TO. ORL, DAL, and TOR could all save their MLEs by working together. Something like this is hugely beneficial to all team involved: TOR Trades: Shawn Marion $22 million/3 years (flat) Cash $3,000,000 Future 2nd Round Pick TOR Receives: Hedo Turkoglu $53 million/5 years (10.5% inc) Why? Raptors get Turk, keep the rights to their bench, and keep their MLE and LLE. DAL Trades: Jerry Stackhouse $7,250,000 Brandon Bass $15 million/4 years (flat) Antoine Wright $1,800,000 Cash $3,000,000 Future 2nd Round Pick DAL Receives: Shawn Marion $22 million/3 years (flat) Marcin Gortat $32 million/5 years (10.5% inc) Why? Mavs get Marion and Gortat AND keep their MLE. MEM Receives: Jerry Stackhouse $7,250,000 Cash $3,000,000 Future 2nd Round Pick Why? Stack is bought out for $2 mil. Being financially prudent just made $1 million and a second round pick for MEM. Not bad for doing nothing. ORL Trades: Hedo Turkoglu $53 million/5 years (10.5% inc) Marcin Gortat $32 million/5 years (10.5% inc) ORL Receives: Brandon Bass $15 million/4 years (flat) Antoine Wright $1,800,000 TPE (non-simultaneous) $8,700,000 Cash $3,000,000 Future 2nd Round Pick Why for ORL? Hedo and Turk are gone anyways, might as well get back something in return. Bass, Wright, a huge TPE, Cash, and future 2nd is a big incentive to join the other 3 teams. EViLMiKE Sophomore Posts: 158 Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 10:55 pm

ok two things are wrong with this post.

1. Gortat can't be involved in a s&t. byc rules

2. "Hedo and Turk are both gone" ...I didn't know that was physically possible...

so in short, this dude violated the cap laws and the laws of physics in one post. ya don't see that every day, that's for dang sure! lol

quote:
Originally posted by A BETTER DJ:

From realgm... looks good! * Report this post * Reply with quote Re: Toronto/Dallas: S&T Shawn Marion, Memphis is 3rd Team PG 9 New postby EViLMiKE on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:05 pm All this trade speculation is great! This has been a great lesson in Capology. For this trade what we know now for sure is 3 teams (TOR, DAL, MEM) are involved; with a possibility of a fourth team being added. Who is the 4th team? My guess - Orlando. The magic make a lot of sense being the 4th team, since they are a source and rumoured destination for players from TOR and/or DAL. I could see the trade being expanded to include at the very least Gortat, Bass, and Hedo. It's a good bet that Gortat and Bass will be trading teams, and Hedo is obviously going to TO. ORL, DAL, and TOR could all save their MLEs by working together. Something like this is hugely beneficial to all team involved: TOR Trades: Shawn Marion $22 million/3 years (flat) Cash $3,000,000 Future 2nd Round Pick TOR Receives: Hedo Turkoglu $53 million/5 years (10.5% inc) Why? Raptors get Turk, keep the rights to their bench, and keep their MLE and LLE. DAL Trades: Jerry Stackhouse $7,250,000 Brandon Bass $15 million/4 years (flat) Antoine Wright $1,800,000 Cash $3,000,000 Future 2nd Round Pick DAL Receives: Shawn Marion $22 million/3 years (flat) Marcin Gortat $32 million/5 years (10.5% inc) Why? Mavs get Marion and Gortat AND keep their MLE. MEM Receives: Jerry Stackhouse $7,250,000 Cash $3,000,000 Future 2nd Round Pick Why? Stack is bought out for $2 mil. Being financially prudent just made $1 million and a second round pick for MEM. Not bad for doing nothing. ORL Trades: Hedo Turkoglu $53 million/5 years (10.5% inc) Marcin Gortat $32 million/5 years (10.5% inc) ORL Receives: Brandon Bass $15 million/4 years (flat) Antoine Wright $1,800,000 TPE (non-simultaneous) $8,700,000 Cash $3,000,000 Future 2nd Round Pick Why for ORL? Hedo and Turk are gone anyways, might as well get back something in return. Bass, Wright, a huge TPE, Cash, and future 2nd is a big incentive to join the other 3 teams. EViLMiKE Sophomore Posts: 158 Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 10:55 pm

Wow!...I wish I could read that better but it sure seems like it says the Magic are the 4th team...