Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

Report: Turk dealt to TOR for TPE. Page 17.

quote:
Originally posted by kwizzle29:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:
Originally posted by bigtripp71:

dont we still have the dooling tpe too ?

WE used it for anderson

We didn't use the whole TE we used part of it to get Anderson. And yes they can do that as well.

We did use the whole TPE.

Negative, RA has a salary of 1.3 million for the 2009/2010 season... the trade exception for dooling was roughly 3.3 million

You're right, we didn't use its full value, but its a one time deal so its irrelevant.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WE used it for anderson

We didn't use the whole TE we used part of it to get Anderson. And yes they can do that as well.

Negative, RA has a salary of 1.3 million for the 2009/2010 season... the trade exception for dooling was roughly 3.3 million

Wrong, the TPE cover our difference in the trade. We only send out around $14M in salary and took back over $17M.

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

I'm still kinda lost on how this works. Can someone give me an example was it down before? not the wiki defintion please

the clippers used their 10+ TE to get camby for nothing... the nuggets saved money on their cap...

The clipper did not need to use players from their team...

quote:

quote:

I'm still kinda lost on how this works. Can someone give me an example was it down before? not the wiki defintion please

the clippers used their 10+ TE to get camby for nothing but to save money on their cap...

They did not need to lose players from their team...

Didn't it add $ to their cap, or does the TE count towards your cap? It doesn't does it?

Oh ok.....the Nuggets saved money yeah. The nuggets were just shedding salary. This is why I think the magic will use this at the deadline. If things aren't going the way we want them to, we'll trade for someone who's team is looking to shed salary for 2010 and we'll get the piece to put us over the top. Or instead of it going to waste, we could use it in exchange for draft picks and cash.

quote:
Originally posted by mikemagicfan08:

quote:

quote:

the clippers used their 10+ TE to get camby for nothing but to save money on their cap...

They did not need to lose players from their team...

Didn't it add $ to their cap, or does the TE count towards your cap? It doesn't does it?

I dont believe it adds to the cap until you get the player to fill the space because you can get a player for less then the te.... like with doolings te and getting anderson....

even if it did, the nuggets would have saved money because camby had more than one year on his contract....

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WE used it for anderson

Wrong, the TPE cover our difference in the trade. We only send out around $14M in salary and took back over $17M.

I coulda swore it was 2 different deals though... oh well good call im dumb.

So if the TE only last for 1 year then we should look for a player we could use to help us this season that has an expiring contract.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

So if the TE only last for 1 year then we should look for a player we could use to help us this season that has an expiring contract.

Exactly, and even throw in a draft pick if it is a player who's salary isn't all that high.