Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Free Agent Update from John Denton

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Splitting the MLE between Wilcox and Barnes would be okay. I still want Bass though.

Gut feeling...think Otis will reel him in???

I'm worried about his price tag rising and as Denton mentions, the number of years.

If Otis's desire is to split the mid-level up evenly so that he gets two contributors to the roster I'm concerned about fitting Brandon in...Don't you guys think it will take most if not all of the mid-level to get his signature on a contract???

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Smith said he had the authority to offer McDyess a similar deal, but he has made the decision to split up his remaining money because Orlando has just eight players under contract.

Smith has been in contact with Dallas' Brandon Bass, but the two sides are haggling over how much the power forward will make and how many years his contract will extend. Detroit, New Orleans and Dallas are the major competitors for Bass' services.

Anybody worried about getting Bass yet...?

Otis has ****ed this team.

We better be getting Barnes, Gortat and Carney or some **** cuz we have no depth at all

I think Bass will take about $5mil. My thing is that I think it makes more sense at this point to get a contributor at that level, than two mediocre players like Wilcox and someone else at half the price. We have such a small rotation, fill 9-14 with garbage. But we need a few more strong pieces first.

i think the closest player to bass' level would be gooden, but he doesnt really come all that close

i dont see us signing anyone of quality by splitting up the MLE.

we need bass to compete with the C's, Lake show, and now the Mighty Spurs

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

We don't need Bass, Anderson is the backup PF, Gortat is the man we need.

That makes no sense, we've needed that "banger" PF for years now. Anderson doesnt fit the bill. We have no real PF on our roster. But you are right, it's more important we overpay the backup of our best player for five years.

Not to mention that Gortat does NOT want to be here!!!

That would be real nice in the locker room.

Gortat would be almost as disgruntled as God Hates Magic Fans is, Almost.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfreak#1:

Not to mention that Gortat does NOT want to be here!!!

That would be real nice in the locker room.

Gortat would be almost as disgruntled as God Hates Magic Fans is, Almost.

If Gortat does not want to be here, why was he at the SL games chatting it up and joking around with Dwight and Vince...

Gortat even stated he would be in a great situation, in Orlando or in Dallas.

Vince even stated in his interview that he thinks Gortat knows where he belongs....joking with Gortat and Dwight..

Does not sound to much like a stressed out, want to leave at all cost attitude to me...

If he did not want to be here so bad, he would be in Dallas looking for a place to live, and hanging out there..

I think he knows he is wanted here, and Otis will try and get it done...