Sign in to follow this  
PrOdigy ReBoRn

Why does this formula always seem to work?

For years the NBA Championship usually consists of a 1-2 punch, an inside outside game, a beast with an assassin. A bruiser and a slasher.

There was Shaq and kobe. Shaq and dwayne. Pau (even if he is soft in a league with few centers.....he fits i guess lol) and kobe. Parker (who plays like a sg alot of the time) and duncan.

The point is.....why does this tandem seem to generate with better results than a sf and a sg. or a center and a sf?

For years the NBA Championship usually consists of a 1-2 punch, an inside outside game, a beast with an assassin. A bruiser and a slasher.

There was Shaq and kobe. Shaq and dwayne. Pau (even if he is soft in a league with few centers.....he fits i guess lol) and kobe. Parker (who plays like a sg alot of the time) and duncan.

The point is.....why does this tandem seem to generate with better results than a sf and a sg. or a center and a sf?

quote:
Originally posted by PrOdigy ReBoRn:

versatility.

a sg is pretty much a sf so when you're top 2 guys are sg/sf it creates duplicate talent. You need an inside guy and an outside guy.

i thin k it comes down to the roles

c just has to get rebounds plug the paint and pick up those inside points from missed rebounds and defensive lapse

the point guard has to run the floor distribute the ball but the successful ones have been able to pick up 10 -15 points per game and step up and get the extra 10 required at times.

If Nelson height doesn't bother us in the long run like I keep seeing then What am Im sayin I believe un wat you're sayin DARN IT I AGREE

quote:
Originally posted by Mac Man:

If Nelson height doesn't bother us in the long run like I keep seeing then What am Im sayin I believe un wat you're sayin DARN IT I AGREE

what????? english please

i think itd be VC n Dwight not Jmeer n Dwight.

The only way id see Jnel's height hurting us is if the lakers run somethin like this lineup (which they used to do with Shaq im pretty sure.)

Kobe

?Machine?Brown

Artest

Pau

Bynum