Sign in to follow this  
d12magic04

it's obvious why turk went to toronto

This is something i've noticed from him for a couple years now....it's obvious he wants to be the ball handler, the star, the one in the headlines. thats why he jacked up so many last second shots. He would rather be on a weaker team with more chance for star power than an obvious contender (magic) and be possibly the 3rd or 4th option at times. I think he knew that he drop down a notch on the ball in hands role, when we got vince. so honestly i think after that trade we weren't even an option for him. he isnt going to portland because roy is already the #1 option for that team. bosh is the #1 for toronto but in a post type of role. it's so clear that hedo is more about his star power than winning. I'm more excited for vince than hedo. we now have someone who can create his own shot and in a less clumsy way than hedo. I appreciate the game winners but dont respect someone who takes money over team loyalty!!!

This is something i've noticed from him for a couple years now....it's obvious he wants to be the ball handler, the star, the one in the headlines. thats why he jacked up so many last second shots. He would rather be on a weaker team with more chance for star power than an obvious contender (magic) and be possibly the 3rd or 4th option at times. I think he knew that he drop down a notch on the ball in hands role, when we got vince. so honestly i think after that trade we weren't even an option for him. he isnt going to portland because roy is already the #1 option for that team. bosh is the #1 for toronto but in a post type of role. it's so clear that hedo is more about his star power than winning. I'm more excited for vince than hedo. we now have someone who can create his own shot and in a less clumsy way than hedo. I appreciate the game winners but dont respect someone who takes money over team loyalty!!!

quote:
Originally posted by d12magic04:

Seriously - put it in the stickied thread theres a 101 hedo threads already we dont need another

<a href=lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg' alt

Well, im a huge magic fan, so naturally I would be dismayed that he left. But I dont think its fair to question his decision. He's certainly money hungry. But who can blame him.

Put yourselves in his shoes. With the raptors its a 5 yr instead of 4 yr deal with the magic. This means that he will make another 10 million dollars. That money is going to secure another couple of generations in his family. Would you really turn down 10 million dollars if someone offered it to you? Even if you were a millionaire you would probably take it.

Also I think Hedo believes that he could be great enough in Toronto to have another contract after his deal in Toronto is through while in orlando he wont be able to shine and would have to settle for a small vet contract after his years are over. Even if the Magic have him, we arent guaranteed a championship. Dont blame a man for thinking about an extra 10 million dollars of family security.

quote:

This thread must likely will be locked down, but in defense of Hedo the NBA is a business not some giant club where people volunteer.

It is all about the money. It has always been about the money.

The players in the NBA are looking out for their best interest and we should all respect them for what they do for their respective teams.

But to call out Hedo and say you can't respect him because of his choice is just not fair to him and to the other players in the NBA.

How many times have owners traded players or just cut them loose sometimes without reason and yet we still respect them in the end.

So the same should go for Hedo.

He did what was best for him and his family.

I thank Hedo for what he did while he was with the Magic and hope that he and his family find peace in Toronto. Good luck to him with my full respect to him as well.

Remember after all it is just a business and Hedo made a good business decision for himself and his family.

quote:
Originally posted by crisby pancakes:

quote:

Seriously - put it in the stickied thread theres a 101 hedo threads already we dont need another

<a href=lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg' alt

Thats an awesome pic