Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

around the watercooler...

quote:
Originally posted by CaliMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

This all sounds pretty believable. Happy to hear we'll match any offer for Marcin but if he's dead set on being a starter then I doubt he comes back.

I don't see a team outside Dallas offering Bass the MLE and they seem to be clearing space to land a top tier FA in 2010 along with Dirk. I think he expires in 2010 as well.

I never held hope for Hill and always thought Sheed was out of our reach to begin with.

Pargo and Powell would be good signs but JJ starting means this offseason is a failure IMO.

1) Doesn't matter what he's dead set on, we can match any offer we choose, and there's nothing he can do about it.

2) Who knows what Dallas is doing. They've also got to re-sign Kidd or they gave Harris away for nothing.

3) Agreed, and Sheed is done. The frenzy for him is hilarious.

4) No matter who starts, Pietrus and Carter will be on the floor in crunch time.

1) Forgot that

2) I don't think they are going to resign Kidd. He's making his decision in a few weeks per sources. Also it is widely accepted that the Kidd for Harris trade was a massive mistake. They mortgaged the future for a small window and it backfired. Cuban has stated he wants to be a player in the 2010 offseason

3) Same

4) Agree, but starting JJ is a huge, HUGE bullseye on our backs.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

apparently Kidd has already been offered a 3 year deal with dallas

Yes. That's what I said. Dallas is trying to re-sign Kidd, so who knows what they'll do with Bass?

quote:

quote:

quote:

This all sounds pretty believable. Happy to hear we'll match any offer for Marcin but if he's dead set on being a starter then I doubt he comes back.

I don't see a team outside Dallas offering Bass the MLE and they seem to be clearing space to land a top tier FA in 2010 along with Dirk. I think he expires in 2010 as well.

I never held hope for Hill and always thought Sheed was out of our reach to begin with.

Pargo and Powell would be good signs but JJ starting means this offseason is a failure IMO.

1) Doesn't matter what he's dead set on, we can match any offer we choose, and there's nothing he can do about it.

2) Who knows what Dallas is doing. They've also got to re-sign Kidd or they gave Harris away for nothing.

4) No matter who starts, Pietrus and Carter will be on the floor in crunch time.

1) Forgot that

2) I don't think they are going to resign Kidd. He's making his decision in a few weeks per sources. Also it is widely accepted that the Kidd for Harris trade was a massive mistake. They mortgaged the future for a small window and it backfired. Cuban has stated he wants to be a player in the 2010 offseason

3) Same

quote:
The Mavericks reportedly offered Jason Kidd about $9 million per season over three years when Mark Cuban and the point guard met on Wednesday, according to ESPN's Chris Broussard.

Cuban said later that he is "really happy" with the results of the meeting. The Knicks won't be able to come close to that offer and it appears that Kidd is likely to stay with the Mavericks.

http://www.rotoworld.com/conte...port=NBA&line=116482

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/ne...cy&prov=ap&type=lgns

Everybody has been telling me Gortat is a goner...I was exstatic to hear they are bringing him back...John wanted to clarify that his article this morning was the truth...he didn't provide specific quotes because it was told to him off the record...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1) Forgot that

3) Same

quote:
The Mavericks reportedly offered Jason Kidd about $9 million per season over three years when Mark Cuban and the point guard met on Wednesday, according to ESPN's Chris Broussard.

Cuban said later that he is "really happy" with the results of the meeting. The Knicks won't be able to come close to that offer and it appears that Kidd is likely to stay with the Mavericks.

That's a horrible move on Cuban's part. Also, from what I've read on some Maverick's boards is that the negotiations went south, hence Kidd not agreeing to any terms and waiting for several weeks to decide.

I'm not one to shoot the messenger, especially when I have a high opinion of said messenger.

A couple of concerns...

If we match any offer (and I hope we do), we will match the mid-level for Gortat. Wouldn't it be more prudent to spend that money on someone that plays more than 10mpg?

Secondly, isn't it likely we could get more in return, trading Gortat signed at the MLE, then splitting the MLE among lesser tier free agents? Then we would be free to spend the whole MLE on someone like Bass/Sheed/McDyess, considering the same amount of money would be spent.

IMO where Sheed goes, the championship goes with him. Especially if he goes to San Antonio or Boston. Sheed/Duncan/Jefferson/Ginobili/Parker? YIKES. Sheed and Perkins defending Dwight with a healthy KG, Pierce, Allen and a vastly improved Rondo? In our conference? Let's just pray he retires if we are out of the running.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1) Forgot that

3) Same

quote:

That's a horrible move on Cuban's part. Also, from what I've read on some Maverick's boards is that the negotiations went south, hence Kidd not agreeing to any terms and waiting for several weeks to decide.

I agree, I think they'd be better off with another point guard. Kidd is a shell of his former self and his defense is atrocious

As of today's roster the starting 2 guard is up for grabs...either J.J. or Pietrus...I might add Stan still likes Pietrus coming off the bench...as the roster fills out we'll see...

Keeping Gortat would be huge because with the lack of resources Orlando has to use if they lose Gortat our backup C position is going to be atrocious. Dwight will almost have to change his play in order to reduce the number of fouls he would pick up.

Getting Vince was big IF they add some pieces, as is this is looking like a disaster. Nobody can tell me that our team has improved so far. Yes it's early in FA but if these rumors are true and they are splitting the MLE we can forget about vast improvement.

Jameer

JJ

Vince

Lewis

Howard

is NOT an improved team. Everything Vince does better than Hedo is wiped away by what Lee does better than JJ, aka....it's a wash. Add in that our bench is very thin at the moment, and it's clear a step back has been taken. Otis better have a plan, because he just took a finals roster and blew it up.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

As of today's roster the starting 2 guard is up for grabs...either J.J. or Pietrus...I might add Stan still likes Pietrus coming off the bench...as the roster fills out we'll see...

If Stan likes Pietrus off the bench then he'll be bringing him in 4 minutes into the first because JJ will have 2 fouls or have allowed 10 points. JJ is great for 15-18 min off the bench but logging 30+ a game is a death senses.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

I'm not one to shoot the messenger, especially when I have a high opinion of said messenger.

A couple of concerns...

If we match any offer (and I hope we do), we will match the mid-level for Gortat. Wouldn't it be more prudent to spend that money on someone that plays more than 10mpg?

Secondly, isn't it likely we could get more in return, trading Gortat signed at the MLE, then splitting the MLE among lesser tier free agents? Then we would be free to spend the whole MLE on someone like Bass/Sheed/McDyess, considering the same amount of money would be spent.

IMO where Sheed goes, the championship goes with him. Especially if he goes to San Antonio or Boston. Sheed/Duncan/Jefferson/Ginobili/Parker? YIKES. Sheed and Perkins defending Dwight with a healthy KG, Pierce, Allen and a vastly improved Rondo? In our conference? Let's just pray he retires if we are out of the running.

I agree man.

We make the bold move to get Vince and his contract, and praise we're trying to win now, win now, win now. When we're 1 sure piece away, managment is too cheap to spend money on that 1 player.

I'm just as frusted as everyone and don't understand what's going through Otis' mind.

We'll see how we look when the dust settles.