quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Rudy averaged 10ppg in 26mpg. Shot good so he could be a useful role player off the bench for us. Give us Rudy Frye Bayless and they can have Turk.

just give me bayless

then we sign bass and gortat

and get vets

Howard/gortat

Bass/anderson/battie(after buy out)

Lewis/mp/Richardson (or vet)

Carter/jj/vet

Nelson/aj/Bayless

gortat is gone. we need to move on

we still have rights; if we want to match...

gortat might deserve the money but its dumb to give possibly more then 6 million to a guy who's backing up our franchise player. I love gortat but cmon.

I doubt he gets 6mill anyways. But you have to always think about, and i hate saying this, but if Howard ever got injured who would replace him. With Gortat here nothing really changes. They play the same way. No drops off when Gortat is in the game.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

S$T Hedo for Rudy, Outlaw, and Blake.

then S&T Gortat for Landry and/or Artest.

PG Meer/Blake/AJ

SG VC/Pietrus/JJ

SF Lewis/Rudy/Outlaw

PF Artest/Landry/Anderson

C Howard/Landry

Sheed for the MLE would be icing on the cake.

blake too expensive.

hell, we'd only be adding 20 million of extra salary with your idea.

So? It's not like it's coming out of my wallet.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by magic_hoopsfan:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

and what exactly are you guys going to do with Rudy?

sour grapes??

lets be real. we aint need Rudy he's more than welcome tho to come visit orlando...

let's be real. rudy would be a solid piece to the team. to say we "aint" need someone with his talent is crazy

how old are you if I may ask?

is there a way I can initiate a decent basketball talk with you or you'd rather go with almost every single rumour and jump over it?

lets give a try tho.

whats our current roster like??

Jameer

Rashard

Vince Carter

Dwight

M?kael Pietrus

AJ

JJ Redick

ryan anderson

and bench warmers..

so what would be your A priority ?f you were Otis?

Rudy ? just because hedo gone to portland? where do you reckon you can play him at? and what talent in Rudy you see and we dont see besides he thinks basketball ?n the states is all about fancy looking dunks!!

or a PF?

or a back up PG?

or BOTH?

when did i ever say rudy was a priority? if we're losing turk, it'd be nice to get something in return if at all possible. i'd rather have rudy play behind carter at the 2 or even start him at the 3. that way pietrus can still be our 6th man where he's more effective and shard can stay at the 4. rudy is not a priority at all, but if you ask anyone if they would rather have rudy for hedu in a s&t or get nothing for hedu's departure and the it would be unanimous. and what does my age have to do with anything? you "aint" need to know that.

and with what money are you gonna do that? pocket money?

jesus christ here... we are in a situation we may not even be able to afford a solid PF and you are talking about some player who hasnt proven anything as yet..

may I remind you that we were in the finals..!! and you know what ..most everybody in the world expecting us to repeat the same next year.. not ruby rudy who can play at 2 or play at 3 or play at west 4th!!

you do realize that signing rudy wouldn't mean the end of the magics off season signings right?

No, I think you're missing the point here.

If we can acquire Rudy F for Turkoglu, we can have 3 more years of Rudy F playing under a rookie contract. That's exactly how long we will have Rashard being paid big money, and that is IF we even pick up the 6th year of his contract. We also have Vince's contract off our book in 2 years.

I'm not saying that they wont be retained, coz that would be bad, but I'm saying that they will likely sign for less. The salary cap will also be higher then. And the revenue we'll get from ticket sells will enable us to spend more. Coz we'll be playing on the new arena soon, and that is even before VC and Shard's contract expires.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

and what exactly are you guys going to do with Rudy?

sour grapes??

lets be real. we aint need Rudy he's more than welcome tho to come visit orlando...

let's be real. rudy would be a solid piece to the team. to say we "aint" need someone with his talent is crazy

how old are you if I may ask?

is there a way I can initiate a decent basketball talk with you or you'd rather go with almost every single rumour and jump over it?

lets give a try tho.

whats our current roster like??

Jameer

Rashard

Vince Carter

Dwight

M?kael Pietrus

AJ

JJ Redick

ryan anderson

and bench warmers..

so what would be your A priority ?f you were Otis?

Rudy ? just because hedo gone to portland? where do you reckon you can play him at? and what talent in Rudy you see and we dont see besides he thinks basketball ?n the states is all about fancy looking dunks!!

or a PF?

or a back up PG?

or BOTH?

when did i ever say rudy was a priority? if we're losing turk, it'd be nice to get something in return if at all possible. i'd rather have rudy play behind carter at the 2 or even start him at the 3. that way pietrus can still be our 6th man where he's more effective and shard can stay at the 4. rudy is not a priority at all, but if you ask anyone if they would rather have rudy for hedu in a s&t or get nothing for hedu's departure and the it would be unanimous. and what does my age have to do with anything? you "aint" need to know that.

and with what money are you gonna do that? pocket money?

jesus christ here... we are in a situation we may not even be able to afford a solid PF and you are talking about some player who hasnt proven anything as yet..

may I remind you that we were in the finals..!! and you know what ..most everybody in the world expecting us to repeat the same next year.. not ruby rudy who can play at 2 or play at 3 or play at west 4th!!

you do realize that signing rudy wouldn't mean the end of the magics off season signings right?

Nelson/Johnson/Pargo

Carter/Redick

Pietrus/Fernandez

Lewis/Anderson

Howard

Nope, still gotta sign a vet min big man.

fernandez makes a bit over a million/year. You're retarded if you dont want him. Signing him doesnt mean we cant still get a PF.

I wasn't saying I didn't want him, I was saying we wouldn't be done.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

rumors are that Rudy has been upset since the Blazers traded away Rodriguez last week...

The Blazers were surprised by a recent report that Rudy Fernandez is "infuriated" with their pursuit of Hedo Turkoglu and would rather play in Europe than Portland.

"I just spoke with Rudy two days ago...and he said he was doing fine and that he was happy," said head coach Nate McMillan. Blazers beat writer Casey Holdahl and assistant coach Kaleb Canales are both in Spain with Fernandez, and neither has reported anything that supports the idea that he was upset about his role last season, as the report suggested. This should sort itself out soon, so stay tuned.

If we can S&T Turk, Get Rudy and Frye with a trade exception. They are both young and they both will help in SVG's system.

I would start Rudy at the 2 if he plays well and is incorporated into the system. The reason you play him at the two is because Carter is more physical and stronger and therefore can guard most 3's effectively.

This also gives a tall SG (6'6) and an average tall SF (6'6) also, and still allows us to bring MP off the bench at the SG/SF.

Jameer/AJ

Rudy/Vince/MP/JJ

Vince/MP/Shard

Shard/Frye

Dwight/Gortat

That is a scary lineup, 4 players in your staring lineup that can effectively knock down the 3.

Last Season from 3: %

Jameer: 45.3

Rudy: 39.9

Vince: 38.5

Lewis: 39.7

All four of them would be a better 3pt (percentage wise) than Turk was. I think that we would have a very scary lineup.

However, it is very unlikely Portland gives up Rudy even though it seems he'll never become a starter there (Roy is their franchise player, Turk is going to take the role where he was backing up most of the season with Batum and Outlaw there also.) You never know, Otis might be able to pull something like that off.

quote:
Originally posted by UhOhItsMagicH7:

If we can S&T Turk, Get Rudy and Frye with a trade exception. They are both young and they both will help in SVG's system.

I would start Rudy at the 2 if he plays well and is incorporated into the system. The reason you play him at the two is because Carter is more physical and stronger and therefore can guard most 3's effectively.

This also gives a tall SG (6'6) and an average tall SF (6'6) also, and still allows us to bring MP off the bench at the SG/SF.

Jameer/AJ

Rudy/Vince/MP/JJ

Vince/MP/Shard

Shard/Frye

Dwight/Gortat

That is a scary lineup, 4 players in your staring lineup that can effectively knock down the 3.

Last Season from 3: %

Jameer: 45.3

Rudy: 39.9

Vince: 38.5

Lewis: 39.7

All four of them would be a better 3pt (percentage wise) than Turk was. I think that we would have a very scary lineup.

However, it is very unlikely Portland gives up Rudy even though it seems he'll never become a starter there (Roy is their franchise player, Turk is going to take the role where he was backing up most of the season with Batum and Outlaw there also.) You never know, Otis might be able to pull something like that off.

If I was Otis I would take that deal. Only thing is are we sold on what Frye can bring to this team. Im already sold on Rudy, that guy can ball but Frye is my question. What does Frye bring to the Magic.

Honestly i know nothing about Channing Frye, never really watch him play. So what would he bring to the Magic?

Well Frye is 6'11 and is semi-athletic. He can knock down mid-range shots somewhat effectively. The only problem with him that I have is the fact that his defense could be a problem. Most people on this board think he's soft, which there are cases I have seen he's very soft, but there are also games where he "mans up" and does play solid d. It depends on what we could get out of him.

SVG does a good job at maximizing talent so that could be an upside. His stats from last season weren't very great, however he only played around 10 min per game, but had a PER of over 10. I think getting him and Rudy plus a TE would be really beneficial to us.

I don't know how Portland feels about this however.