Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Magic may not afford Big Man(Denton)

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

We better hope that Anderson develops into the PF we need or we will never win a ring.

Thanks Otis for paying Rashard Lewis like he's Kobe Bryant.

I'm not a GM or a money calculator but is this what everybody has been warning us about in regards to Lewis' contract...?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

How about this little nugget from the article:

quote:

Instead, Lewis will now likely stay at power forward and either Mickael Pietrus or J.J. Redick will start alongside of Carter on the wings.

J.J. Redick may be starting w/ Vince at small forward...interesting...

ughhhh. What a terrible idea.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

How about this little nugget from the article:

quote:

Instead, Lewis will now likely stay at power forward and either Mickael Pietrus or J.J. Redick will start alongside of Carter on the wings.

J.J. Redick may be starting w/ Vince at small forward...interesting...

That's horrible news. I loved the VC trade, but now I'm having second thoughts if this is how things will happen.

quote:
Originally posted by jsrtreeson:

I still don't understand why he says we wont be able to sign anyone

He reported that we want to sign Gortat up to around $4 mil/yr. If we do that, there's no money left over for a quality PF.

I think it's absolutely stupid to lock up that much money on a backup C, but then again, I'm just a software programmer.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
Originally posted by MrWise:

Why can't we just sign sheed with the full MLE and then sign a bunch of scrubs with the league minimum

That's what I'd do.

QFT

Gortat is gone for sure. $4 million? He'll get the full MLE. The Hornets, Rockets, Kings, and maybe even the Knicks would give him that.

quote:
Why can't we just sign sheed with the full MLE and then sign a bunch of scrubs with the league minimum

Same here and hope that the Blazers don't have 10 million to give Turk and we can pull a sign and trade. Probably not but we need a good PF.

It doesnt seem like we're on the top of Sheed's list. And by spending the full MLE on this type of player would mean a bunch of Jeremy Richardson's on our bench. ha. Maybe not that bad but, it wouldnt be too pretty. That's why he is saying we'd split the MLE instead of using it on say, Bass. Use the MLE to get two decent FAs opposed to one good one. And then fill out the rosters with some true scrubs.

quote:
It doesnt seem like we're on the top of Sheed's list. And by spending the full MLE on this type of player would mean a bunch of Jeremy Richardson's on our bench. ha. Maybe not that bad but, it wouldnt be too pretty.

IMO, when you have a team of all-stars and vets that are playing for a title, your bench just gets mysteriously better. See: the 2008 Boston Celtics.