Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Turk FA Update: Turk agrees to terms with Toronto (yes, Raptors, not Portland)

as Lee Corso says, "Not so fast, my friend!"

it says that Toronto is preparing to make the offer. it isn't on the table just yet. good find though

I doubt hedo would go to TO..

hedo maybe the hedont but not stupid to leave Magic for some sorry team...

Anybody here would have guessed all this at all when we signed VC..

it doesnt look that good to me anymore...

Clee is gone

Battie is gone

hedo is gone

Gortal gone

VC in...

all of a sudden the team made the finals and perhaps were only a lay up away from clinching the title is no where to be found!!

kinda upsetting..

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

If Turk goes to Toronto then Marion is an option for us since the Raptors won't keep him for sure.

That's what I'm talking about, Miller!!!

quote:
Originally posted by magic_hoopsfan:

Clee is gone

Battie is gone

hedo is gone

Gortal gone

VC in...

all of a sudden the team made the finals and perhaps were only a lay up away from clinching the title is no where to be found!!

kinda upsetting..

is this serious? clee was not a superstar, just a solid role player. certainly replaceable. battie hardly played. no point on paying him $6mil to ride the bench. hedu was replaced by carter, advantage carter by a mile. how were they even a layup away from winning the title exactly? it's not like clee missed that layup in the final seconds of game 7. take your skirt off and calm down.

Its funny how half the people are saying TORONTO made the offer and then the other half say its PORTLAND..

you know they are two diff. teams right?

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by magic_hoopsfan:

Clee is gone

Battie is gone

hedo is gone

Gortal gone

VC in...

kinda upsetting..

is this serious? clee was not a superstar, just a solid role player. certainly replaceable. battie hardly played. no point on paying him $6mil to ride the bench. hedu was replaced by carter, advantage carter by a mile. how were they even a layup away from winning the title exactly? it's not like clee missed that layup in the final seconds of game 7. take your skirt off and calm down.

dear god what have I done to deserve such a response??

are you testing me..

get a life dude..

and pls leave me alone..I dont need smart people around me!!

First of all I have to say that basketball players making millions of dollars a year is absolutely ridiculous as far as I'm concerned. I like watching the game and -not so often- when something so special happens that it dazzles my mind with inspiration, I just love it. But those moments are so rare and by no means I believe that these guys deserve this much. You can bash me for thinking like that but that's just me and I respect whoever thinks the opposite.

Now when it comes to Hedo, I really am a fan of his and had the pleasure of watching him grew as he played. He gave me few of those moments I was talking about and I'm grateful to him for that. He's one of those guys in the league who make you see that any given day an underdog can rise above himself and by doing so make you believe that you can achieve the same in your life. That's what's special about sports in general imo. In our daily lives we sometimes forget the inner strength we all have to make the impossible possible and these guys - the special ones- remind us that it's just the borders that you put in your mind that's keeping you from being what you're capable of becoming. This is why I loved MJ, Hakeem and all those other greats. For the same reason I love Hedo as well because it's "somebody beating the odds" that gives me the most pleasure watching sports.

I'm from Turkey and I can see why some of my fellow citizens feel offended when others criticize Hedo and say that he's not worth the money but I can't see any point in defending him. It's not like he's gonna share some of his paycheck to posters from Turkey. But I also can't understand why some fans started to dislike him so much after that vince carter trade. Yeah we all know that these guys are greedy when it comes to big pay-days and they play their best come contract year but isn't it the same with all other players?

quote:
Originally posted by adigeutqu:

First of all I have to say that basketball players making millions of dollars a year is absolutely ridiculous as far as I'm concerned. I like watching the game and -not so often- when something so special happens that it dazzles my mind with inspiration, I just love it. But those moments are so rare and by no means I believe that these guys deserve this much. You can bash me for thinking like that but that's just me and I respect whoever thinks the opposite.

Now when it comes to Hedo, I really am a fan of his and had the pleasure of watching him grew as he played. He gave me few of those moments I was talking about and I'm grateful to him for that. He's one of those guys in the league who make you see that any given day an underdog can rise above himself and by doing so make you believe that you can achieve the same in your life. That's what's special about sports in general imo. In our daily lives we sometimes forget the inner strength we all have to make the impossible possible and these guys - the special ones- remind us that it's just the borders that you put in your mind that's keeping you from being what you're capable of becoming. This is why I loved MJ, Hakeem and all those other greats. For the same reason I love Hedo as well because it's "somebody beating the odds" that gives me the most pleasure watching sports.

I'm from Turkey and I can see why some of my fellow citizens feel offended when others criticize Hedo and say that he's not worth the money but I can't see any point in defending him. It's not like he's gonna share some of his paycheck to posters from Turkey. But I also can't understand why some fans started to dislike him so much after that vince carter trade. Yeah we all know that these guys are greedy when it comes to big pay-days and they play their best come contract year but isn't it the same with all other players?

no i always disliked Turk

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:
Originally posted by adigeutqu:

no i always disliked Turk

so my post is not against you. It actually is quite clear if you pay attention to what you read