Sign in to follow this  
crazyorlandofan

VC trade is a step back for us you watch

quote:
Originally posted by crazyorlandofan:

I think it was incredibly stupid to trade Lee, Alston, and Battie away. Mostly just Lee and Alston though and here's why. Lee had a terrific rookie season and was excellent at scoring, while Alston was a good contributor out at the three. These guys were a huge reason we made it as far as we did in the playoffs.

Now because we got VC we are going to lose Turkoglu who was a great player as well. He was one of the reason the Cavs had such a hard time with us and caused matchup problems with him and Lewis on the floor. VC is much shorter than Turk and I believe the Cavs will have a much easier time guarding him and now we won't have Turk to cause havok for the matchup problems they had. Hell, now that they have Shaq, since Dwight just backed down their center and he doesn't really have any offensive moves down low I believe that we screwed ourselves over by picking up VC. Shaq can body up Dwight and he won't get the dunks he is used to now. This will open up other options for Cleveland because Dwight won't require a doubleteam anymore.

Don't get me wrong, VC can shoot and is a great player, but we lost the players that made our team flow as a unit and they caused matchup hell for the opposing teams, especially the Cavs.

Do you agree?

I didn't read through the whole thread so forgive me if I am posting something that has already been said but..HUH?

Lee was excellent at scoring? He did a good job playing his role but his contributions came on defense. Scoring wise we just took a huge jump up.

Alston a good contributor from 3?? Do you know what his percentages were out there?

I think I've said this a few times but Cav's had a hard time defending us because they could not contain Dwight. He got everyone else shots, the same shots he will get Vince. Dwight is going to sprint down the floor and go right to the rim and all of that will happen before Shaq crosses half court. Shaq bodying up Dwight this past season consisted of him bumping into him than falling down because Dwight can go around him. Of course he can't back Shaq down but he doesn't have to in order to score on him.

too lazy to read through everything but the only think i didn't like was how it makes our bench thin which means we have to rely a lot more on FA to pick up some more role players.

ewwy

You know the new posters are definitely Cleveland trolls. How can this be a bad signing by the Magic? Vince will come in here to help, not to take over. This is Dwight's, and Jameer's team and everyone else comes in to contribute. We will probably sweep the series with Cleveland next year while Shaq is glued to the ground when playing Dwight. Are you guys kidding?

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

We will probably sweep the series with Cleveland next year while Shaq is glued to the ground when playing Dwight. Are you guys kidding?

Shaq will match up with Dwight much better than the Cavs' Ilgauskas ever could. This could pose problems when we play them again. Also, I think the ECF could have gone either way really. I mean yes we won, but we if Rashard hadn't won those 2 games for us by hitting a shot with less than 20 seconds left the Cavs very well may have won.

Look at the stats when Shaq guarded Dwight and then look at the stats when Ilgauskas did and you will see my point. Without Hedo, Lee, and Alston to open up the floor the cavs won't have as difficult a time guarding and shutting down Dwight.

quote:

quote:

We will probably sweep the series with Cleveland next year while Shaq is glued to the ground when playing Dwight. Are you guys kidding?

Shaq will match up with Dwight much better than the Cavs' Ilgauskas ever could. This could pose problems when we play them again. Also, I think the ECF could have gone either way really. I mean yes we won, but we if Rashard hadn't won those 2 games for us by hitting a shot with less than 20 seconds left the Cavs very well may have won.

Look at the stats when Shaq guarded Dwight and then look at the stats when Ilgauskas did and you will see my point. Without Hedo, Lee, and Alston to open up the floor the cavs won't have as difficult a time guarding and shutting down Dwight.

Of course not. Hedo, Skip, and Lee are better shooters than Jameer, Vince, or Rashard and Cle can leave those guys open to shut down Dwight with zero problems.

ur the most negative "Crazy" Orlando fan. Ya i like the Diesel. But watchin his interviews, he doesnt seem to be the co-c-ky bigman he once was. Why? Oh cuz hes not as good as he once was. I do believe Shaq will help the Cavs. But to say VC Lewis, Nelson wont open up the floor like Hedo, Lee and Alston is rediculous. VC Is a better 3 point shooter then all 3 and so is Lewis. N Nelson averages a better 3 point % then anyone on the team. So u lost me there

http://orlandomagiczone.com/ev...91029871/m/711103023

^Go here and watch his videos under Range, n then tell me that the floor wont be opened up. N plus Dwight will be a year older, and bigger (from workouts durin summer) and Smarter. So i have a feeling he will take over ur Cavs.

I just hope Queen James will shake our hands after getting swept

quote:

quote:

Don't forget that besides adding VC we've added Jameer Nelson and he's a whole different problem for Cleveland.

Also remember that we still have a roster to fill and FAs to sign.

Until VC sucks and blows this team up from the inside, I'm not going to believe at all that this trade was bad. It was completely right and the Magic are going to be amazing next season. Hedo is an amazing player and so was CLee and even Alston, but we have VC now and I think we have a better chance to win it all than we've had since the mid 90s.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

ur the most negative "Crazy" Orlando fan. Ya i like the Diesel. But watchin his interviews, he doesnt seem to be the co-c-ky bigman he once was. Why? Oh cuz hes not as good as he once was. I do believe Shaq will help the Cavs. But to say VC Lewis, Nelson wont open up the floor like Hedo, Lee and Alston is rediculous. VC Is a better 3 point shooter then all 3 and so is Lewis. N Nelson averages a better 3 point % then anyone on the team. So u lost me there

^Go here and watch his videos under Range, n then tell me that the floor wont be opened up. N plus Dwight will be a year older, and bigger (from workouts durin summer) and Smarter. So i have a feeling he will take over ur Cavs.

My Cavs? I don't like Cleveland. Just because I am worried about the trade now I am a Cleveland Fan?

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

It's funny how everyone on here has forgotten that if Boston had Kevin Garnett for the playoffs we never would have made it past Boston. They almost beat us WITHOUT Kevin Garnett. So we are absolutely not a lock next year to make the ECF and neither is Cleveland.

well it makes me wonder wen u ur registration date is this day, and ur talkin down about hte Magic and good about the Cavs.

I think theres a lot of teams with good chances for ECF. I just hope its the magic. either way it will be intense matchups