Sign in to follow this  
crazyorlandofan

VC trade is a step back for us you watch

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

Jameer is useless? He was an all-star. Or are you judging him on 5 Finals games.

He costed Orlando at least two finals game loose..His injury made him useless.. Sorry but i m not sure how he ll return back..

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:
Originally posted by crazyorlandofan:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
He was one of the reason the Cavs had such a hard time with us and caused matchup problems with him and Lewis on the floor. VC is much shorter than Turk and I believe the Cavs will have a much easier time guarding him and now we won't have Turk to cause havok for the matchup problems they had.

I want someone to explain to me how Turk's size causes mismatch problems. He has no back to the basket game. He plays the same way on the perimeter no matter who is guarding him.

Seriously, I'm all ears.

He is 6' 10" and Lewis is too and their height made them hard to guard for other teams. Cleveland's guards are smaller so they had a hard time, now Delonte West can guard VC easier because he is only 6' 6".

You didn't answer it at all. Hedo plays no differently if he were guarded by a 6'0 player or another 6'10 player. He never took advantage of his height, never backed people down. The only positive from Hedo's height was he could shoot over people, but it's not like Carter can't shoot over anyone.

Thanks man, that is precisely my point. Turkoglu plays exactly the same regardless of who he has on him. It doesn't matter if he has Tayshaun Prince or Jason Kidd on him. He's still going to call for a pick and roll and use that to try and gain separation. The idea that his 6'10 frame causes mismatch problems is a myth.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by aJJa:

VC trade means by by to Hedo, as i think this is a back step for Orlando. Iagree, what did VCdo all season and what did Hedo do..

VC, D12, Meer and Shard all will play , all want to play own ball and Orlando's team play will finish next year. Hedo was brain of the team. Maybe you ll not agree with me but i believe this.

I just think everyone will want the ball and want to score all the time and our great team chemistry of last year will be undermined because of this VC deal.

This really makes no sense, everyone will want the ball more now all of a sudden?

Well it seemed like Lee and Alston were willing to share the ball and I think VC will want the ball a lot which means less touches for Dwight.

You know Vince averaged the same amount of assists as Hedo, right? You probably didn't....but there you go. Carter took a backseat to Devin Harris last year and had no problem doing it, he's more of a team player than people give him credit for.

I guess your right...

quote:

quote:

Jameer is useless? He was an all-star. Or are you judging him on 5 Finals games.

He costed Orlando at least two finals game loose..His injury made him useless.. Sorry but i m not sure how he ll return back..

i mean, this just proves you didn't watch the 1st half of the magic season. hedu only took over controlling the offense because meer wasn't around to do so. the magic had the best record in the nba because jameer was playing so well. do you just assume that because hedu is gone there is nobody left to run the offense and do pick and rolls with?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

VC trade means by by to Hedo, as i think this is a back step for Orlando. Iagree, what did VCdo all season and what did Hedo do..

VC, D12, Meer and Shard all will play , all want to play own ball and Orlando's team play will finish next year. Hedo was brain of the team. Maybe you ll not agree with me but i believe this.

I just think everyone will want the ball and want to score all the time and our great team chemistry of last year will be undermined because of this VC deal.

This really makes no sense, everyone will want the ball more now all of a sudden?

Well it seemed like Lee and Alston were willing to share the ball and I think VC will want the ball a lot which means less touches for Dwight.

VC averaged 3 more shot attempts per game than Hedo did when Vince was the best scorer on his team. Vince also averaged only .2 less assists per game, than Hedo, and again VC was the best scorer on his team. Hedo was probably the 4th best scorer on our team (Dwight, Lewis, Nelson).

Here's where it gets really fun, Rafer took more shot attempts in the playoffs than Dwight did. He also played significantly less minutes than Dwight. Teams also left Rafer wide open to force him to shoot, and cut off his passing lanes. They won't do that with Vince.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

quote:

i mean, this just proves you didn't watch the 1st half of the magic season. hedu only took over controlling the offense because meer wasn't around to do so. the magic had the best record in the nba because jameer was playing so well. do you just assume that because hedu is gone there is nobody left to run the offense and do pick and rolls with?

Well, Jameer's play might be permanently affected because of this injury. You just never know how an injury will affect someone's play. He certainly didn't look like the old jameer in the NBA Finals, but that's probably just because he didn't play for so long.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

quote:

Jameer is an all star. He is symphatic but i dont believe he is a top quality player. Jameer is a lucky guy. But he still needs to improve and i dont think that he will be succesful in a weak team. Orlando is strong and he was a part of the team. He is not a game controller as CP3. I respect him. But i still not sure about his next year performance.

quote:

Where do you, Kyler, & all these other dolts get this idea from?

VC is known for being unselfish to a fault going back to his days at UNC.

In fact it's so well known, I've read numerous scouting reports on players who are talented, but defer too much described as being like VC...

**** steve kyler, **** the haters. No one will truly kno how the team will work out until the season starts. But im hoping and confident it will be for the best.

""Vince Carter's 2008-2009 Season was one to remember. Emerging young point guard Devin Harris needed to develop and Vince was unselfish and Sacrificed his stats for the development of the young players. Nets management believes this was Vince's best season since joining the team. You have to look beyond the stats to see that Vince's leadership was at an elite level and he helped develop players such as Brook Lopez, Anderson, and most of all, Devin Harris. Even at 32 years of age, Vince also showed the world that he is still very capable of scoring 30-40 whenever he wants to. Vince also added a couple of gamewinners to the "clutch section" of his highlight reel.""

^this is the quickest thing i could find. But ive read many articles of how Coach (frank) says hes one of the most unselfish players hes ever met.