Sign in to follow this  
Veritas

Hedo vs Vince: the best hyprocrite Oscar goes to Magic fans!

The chemistry argument is nice, but don't tell the Celtics that. They basically changed their entire team and immediately won rings.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

The chemistry argument is nice, but don't tell the Celtics that. They basically changed their entire team and immediately won rings.

The Celtics chemistry was largely due to their big three knowing that none of them could do it alone, and never having been to finals before. They almost immediately all made the commitment to make it work. If VC, Meer, Shard, and D12 make a similar commitment, then I can see the trophy in Orlando; but they need to all be on the same page.

Here's my 2 cents on this. I don't like signing anyone unless they are a superstar (Lebron, Kobe, Dwight type talent) for 4 years, let alone 5 years, because it ties your hands further on down the road. I am a huge Courtney Lee fan, but because of contract logistics, that's called business sense to those of you who don't understand, the trade makes sense. I liked Hedo because of his versatility, but a five year contract would have been a bad business decision. He has peaked.

quote:
Originally posted by jmmagicfan:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

The Celtics chemistry was largely due to their big three knowing that none of them could do it alone, and never having been to finals before. They almost immediately all made the commitment to make it work. If VC, Meer, Shard, and D12 make a similar commitment, then I can see the trophy in Orlando; but they need to all be on the same page.

Thats the question.

Now there are too many chiefs not enough indians.

Thats the question.

Now there are too many chiefs not enough indians.

Not necessarily, as Meer, Shard and Dwight already have the chemistry; it is just making sure VC is on that page. Personally, I think the fact that they have been to the finals and he hasn't will help with getting him on that page.

Thats the question.

Now there are too many chiefs not enough indians. I actually am very positive about the same page, if only because Meer, Sheed and D12 are already on there. I think the fact that they have been to the finals, and VC hasn't will be a critical point on getting him onto that page quickly.

I do not believe that Otis offered 4/36 to Hedo, the only thing we know that Otis made a "decent" offer which he thinks a jump-off and then he wanted to let turk test the market. Then he traded VC, which shows that the offer he made which is "decent" or "jumpoff" is the max he could offer...

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

Turk had his chance to sign and said no... it is on him... we can't play wait and see, we have championships to win... I hope turk likes portland...

quote:
Originally posted by xtremetawsan:

I wish Hedo decide to stay with a two years contract; for get a ring instead of money, then go wherever he want.

That's exactly what he's avoiding. If he accepts a two year contract, two years from now he certainly (okay, most probably) won't be worth $9-10m anymore and he won't be able to go wherever he wants. That's why he's dying to get a long contract, maybe for five years.

quote:
Originally posted by TURBEY:

I do not believe that Otis offered 4/36 to Hedo, the only thing we know that Otis made a "decent" offer which he thinks a jump-off and then he wanted to let turk test the market. Then he traded VC, which shows that the offer he made which is "decent" or "jumpoff" is the max he could offer...

quote:

Turk had his chance to sign and said no... it is on him... we can't play wait and see, we have championships to win... I hope turk likes portland...

http://www.floridatoday.com/ar...06270318/1002/SPORTS

quote:
When Turkoglu declined a four-year, $36 million contract extension last week and ultimately opted out of his contract to become an unrestricted free agent, Orlando moved ahead with the trade for Carter.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by TURBEY:

quote:

http://www.floridatoday.com/ar...06270318/1002/SPORTS

quote:
When Turkoglu declined a four-year, $36 million contract extension last week and ultimately opted out of his contract to become an unrestricted free agent, Orlando moved ahead with the trade for Carter.

Thanks for the backup... some people just don't want to believe the truth...

Now we move on....