Sign in to follow this  
MagicFanBen

Cheap Ringers Welcome!!!

HAHAHA!!!!

This does sound wonderful, but I really don't see AI comming off the bench, nor do I see him working within the game plann, if he doesn't get his #'s!!

Basically if his head was screwed on right, there would be a bidding war going on for him rather than JKidd!

$ is not the only consideration you take when determining a teams chemistry.

AI=team killer period at any point in his infectious career.

This post reminds me ---> 04 Lakers anyone?

Look at the Laker bench:

Odom, Brown, Walton, Vujajic, Farmar, Powell, and Mbenga. The last two being two big bodies for insurance. Odom was the only high-paid guy, and the rest are young, high energy players. They would have most of those guys in at the same time for stretches (particularly 2nd Q) throughout the playoffs, and nobody would make up ground on them. Not Houston, not Denver, not us.

Allen Iverson and Grant Hill aren't going to come in and play 15 minutes a game, defend, and make effort plays like drawing charges and diving for loose balls.

Pietrus, Anderson, and Redick is a decent bench to start with. Anthony Johnson wasn't bad when his minutes were limited. Pietrus would get close to starters minutes, similar to Odom, while the rest get 10-20 a game depending on the situation.

They can overpay Gortat for his 15 minutes or they can grab some cheap young players who will bring energy into the game while our stars rest. We have enough vets if we sign Sheed, with Shard, Carter, and Nelson. Balance them out with youth.

hahahahahahaha. NO WAY this would happen. We all know wow Iverson took beig the backup in Detroit and Hill has been on record saying he'd rather retire then come back to Orlando. So nice dream, but that's all it is a dream.

Grant Hill would be great and now that he's on a team that is clearly not going to contend, you know he's taking his skills elsewhere. I would love to have Hill on this team again, and the only reason he left was to get an immediate championship, and he played well for the Suns and even got to start last season.

Iverson is a huge iffy, I actually don't ever see him swallowing his pride and being a team player. He got his shot at the finals and failed, and I don't think he really cares about getting a championship unless he's the Finals MVP. He still has plenty of game left, but it's not the type of game that's as valuable to a team as it is to 1 on 1.

I'm all about the Vet Min on GHill as long as we've tried it on Rasheed and McDyess first.

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

Grant Hill would be great and now that he's on a team that is clearly not going to contend, you know he's taking his skills elsewhere. I would love to have Hill on this team again, and the only reason he left was to get an immediate championship, and he played well for the Suns and even got to start last season.

Iverson is a huge iffy, I actually don't ever see him swallowing his pride and being a team player. He got his shot at the finals and failed, and I don't think he really cares about getting a championship unless he's the Finals MVP. He still has plenty of game left, but it's not the type of game that's as valuable to a team as it is to 1 on 1.

I'm all about the Vet Min on GHill as long as we've tried it on Rasheed and McDyess first.

We only have like 8 people on the roster right now... getting Hill for the Vet minimum would be a nice plus, and it wouldn't impact the likelihood nor ability to go after Sheed, McDyess, or Bass for that matter.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

We only have like 8 people on the roster right now... getting Hill for the Vet minimum would be a nice plus, and it wouldn't impact the likelihood nor ability to go after Sheed, McDyess, or Bass for that matter.

I would suggest that once Otis starts to make his move with either Bass, Sheed or both, you will see a lot of players like Grant Hill wanting to hop on board for the Vet Min.

quote:
Originally posted by Superman12:

hahahahahahaha. NO WAY this would happen. We all know wow Iverson took beig the backup in Detroit and Hill has been on record saying he'd rather retire then come back to Orlando. So nice dream, but that's all it is a dream.

To me, the Gman is nothing but a curse for the Magic. He'ld be the guy that missed the layup or he'ld turn into bobblefoot again and mess up the team chemistry. No thanks!