Sign in to follow this  
NAO

Why did the Magic pull the trigger so fast on Carter trade?...

I think Otis made good decision, if Magic keep Hedo, that means Lewis's gonna be Magic's power forward, and it also tightens Magic's budget to go after FA bigman. Hedo played well in Magic but I dont think he's a last piece to win it all for magic.

since magic got Carter, otis should focus on getting some legit PF to help Howard inside and move Lewis to SF.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Vellassco:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Echo,

As i told you, He said he cant keep knocking door while taking no reaction from organisation before playoffs start. I dont think Otis did smart move if he wanted to sign Hedo.

You know he was playing for 6,3 mil this year and wanted a bit rise from his contract. You can be right if you say 5 year contract would be sacrifice Magic cus hes too old to be sign 5 years. Now, look at VC contract and his age. He will suck your cap 2x times than Hedo. I hope he gives 2x times more than Hedo gave you.

GoodLuck

His contract is only for two more years, not the 5 Hedo wants. That length is a concern for the Magic.

Why do you keep talking about Hedo knocking on the door and getting no reaction from the organization? They talked during the year, but were not in agreement on the contract price. Hedo think's he is worth more, and Otis has repeatedly say that he will let the market dictate Hedo's worth.

In other words, it's up to Hedo to go out and see what other teams are willing to pay. If that is within, or close, to Orlando's ability, then Orlando will try to keep him. If he gets an offer that is well outside of Orlando's range, and he wants that extra cash instead of less money but playing here for a title, then he will take the money and run.

I don't understand why you seem slighted by this, as if the organization should bend over backwards to accommodate Hedo, regardless of the consequences to the future of the team. I mut be missing something because it seems like you believe Hedo is being disrespected by the Magic.

Sure i believe Hedo is being disrespected by the Magic. Replace Dwight with Hedo, and roll again. I'm not saying Hedo is as valuable as Dwight for Magic but to me he was the center of nervous system. Sure you are taking risk by not giving him 2 mil rise.

I hope Both part gain after those circumtances. And i honestly thank you kindly cuz you are talking gently with a hedo fan. ?ts a bit shocking for me.

Only as shocking as a Hedo fan presenting his thoughts rationally and not labeling someone who disagrees as a racist! lol... just giving you a hard time with that one.

Now, let me ask you this:

Hedo is looking for a 5 year 50 million dollar deal. Orlando offers him a 4 year 36 million dollar deal. They are only off by one year and one million per year. How can you be slighted and feel disrespected at that offer?

There are people here who think he is worth more, some think less, but in all honestly, that is a solid offer and not far from what Hedo is looking for in free agency. I don't see any disrespect there at all. As a matter of fact, as a fan of the team, I think if Hedo seriously wants to win a championship, and not just follow the money, I can't understand why he wouldn't take that offer.

Is he really considering taking a deal for an extra year @14 for that last year (being the difference between Orlando's offer and a 5 year @50 mill offer), and playing for a team that might be a playoff contender versus playing for Orlando and being on arguably the best team in the league talent wise?

Sorry Echo im about to leave now , i have no time to full reply,

But shortly : Replace Hedo and Dwight , change values, and then roll again. you will understand the logic behind the scene and why this is disrespectancy. It has nothing to do with years and contract values indeed, all about disrespectancy.

You can't simply swap them. Dwight is the leagues most dominant big, and has his entire career ahead of him.

Hedo is the leagues best nothing, no offense, and he is in the tail end of his career.

You are mixing the subjects. We are talking about disrespectancy. We are not comparing players and their values in here. You are looking from your own point of view, me not.

Try a bit emphaty and put yourself to Hedo's place, Just like Sky mentioned earlier, Hedo may be seen himself as the main part of this team. He took reposibilities more than any others esp Shard and Meer within this 2 years. He wanted more respect from organisation by compensating ValueInTeam/ContractValue ratio at the middle of season. Actually, as i said, it has nothing to do with money. Team could have found a way to show him respect by somehow honouring him. Instead of this, Otis choosed diferent way by offering him less than he expected and closed the doors till 1st of July.

Hedo should respect the organisation decision just like Organisation should respect the Hedo's decision.

Now 2 days left to this date.

Time will say everything as always.

Lets close this subject here and see eacothers next year around same days and argue the subject again.

Goodluck Orlando.

Now I am confused. You said to swap Hedo and Dwight, so I did just that. Now you tell me not to mix subjects?

Your assertion that disrespect is shown to Hedo by offering him a 4 year deal at 9 million per year is ridiculous.

He is asking for 5 at 10, those aren't far off. It's not like Otis offered him 6 per year.

Dwight commanded a max contract because that is his worth. Period. No questions asked. If we didn't give Dwight a max contract, every other team in the league would have done just that.

Now, no one here thinks Hedo is worth a max contract. The question is, what is his worth?

Stop crying about disrespect. Hedo has said throughout the season that he was opting out. He didn't say he would wait to see what Otis offered him, then decide. He said straight up, that he was opting out. Otis has said he would let the market dictate Hedo's worth, then go from there.

This means, Hedo enters free agency, and his worth is set by the contract offers he receives. Should Otis over pay just so you don't feel disrespected? What kind of game is this?

Do you go to buy a car and just pay what ever they ask? No, you do your research, you find out what the going rate is, look for deals and offers around the area so you can use those to bargain with and get a better deal.

I'd like to see Hedo stay here, but not at the cost of seeing Otis bid against himself again and pay more than he should.

Echo, I see your point. As I always say the offer Otis made is very reasonable and has nothing to do with disrespect. The point is (I will say it again) the MAgic shut the door for Hedo too early. There was no negotiations, just one offer (as far as we know). Now MAgic cannot afford to sign Hedo for 7-8 mil at this time.

To me It looks like they decided to move forward without Hedo. Think about it if they really wanted him back they would wait for couple weeks see what the market is for Hedo. you can argue they made better choice with not waiting and getting Vince. That is understandable. after all basketball is a business

quote:
Originally posted by NAO:

Echo, I see your point. As I always say the offer Otis made is very reasonable and has nothing to do with disrespect. The point is (I will say it again) the MAgic shut the door for Hedo too early. There was no negotiations, just one offer (as far as we know). Now MAgic cannot afford to sign Hedo for 7-8 mil at this time.

To me It looks like they decided to move forward without Hedo. Think about it if they really wanted him back they would wait for couple weeks see what the market is for Hedo. you can argue they made better choice with not waiting and getting Vince. That is understandable. after all basketball is a business

They can still sign Hedo.

Waiting a few weeks could have closed the door on other opportunities and Hedo was still not a sure thing.

I think there were two reasons to pull the trigger fast.

1. To get the best deal now.

2. Let Hedo know he can't hold the Magic hostage while he figures out what he is going to do.

It's funny remember Hedo telling everyone that he was willing to ask for less to stay in Orlando. I wonder what happened with that.

I believe it was during the VC pc that Otis said NJ was pushing to get a deal done before the draft.

Hard to say if that was a legit deadline or simply a negotiation tactic. NJ got an asset out of a salary dump, so I'm inclined to believe the later. It's possible getting Lee may have impacted their decision between Williams & Henderson???