Sign in to follow this  
aquila59

Denton thinks Brandon Bass

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by WestCoastMagicFan:

We definitely need to bring him in to be the starting PF for the future. Brandon Bass FTMFW

PG: Jameer Nelson

SG: Vince Carter

SF: Rashard Lewis

PF: Brandon Bass

C: Dwight Howard

YES SIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

can bass play sf? the magic seem to like shard at the 4 and i think he goes back to the 3 only during certain rotations. if bass plays the 3, you can keep the mismatch at pf with lewis.

At 6'8" 250 I don't see Bass playing the three. He runs the floor pretty well but I don't feel he's quick enough to match up defensively with the smaller sf's like John Salmons, Jamario Moon, and Mike Dunleavy etc. I can see Rashard playing his natural position against bigger line-ups and moving back to pf when they play against smaller-quicker teams. Signing a strong power forward like Bass would give them the versatility to change starting lineups to matchup with certain teams. This is just my opinion though.

quote:

quote:

quote:

We definitely need to bring him in to be the starting PF for the future. Brandon Bass FTMFW

can bass play sf? the magic seem to like shard at the 4 and i think he goes back to the 3 only during certain rotations. if bass plays the 3, you can keep the mismatch at pf with lewis.

At 6'8" 250 I don't see Bass playing the three. He runs the floor pretty well but I don't feel he's quick enough to match up defensively with the smaller sf's like John Salmons, Jamario Moon, and Mike Dunleavy etc. I can see Rashard playing his natural position against bigger line-ups and moving back to pf when they play against smaller-quicker teams. Signing a strong power forward like Bass would give them the versatility to change starting lineups to matchup with certain teams. This is just my opinion though.

You would be surprised. Bass is a freak. He is very quick at his size. Think about Anthony mason. He is not as good a mason with the ball handles but is better then most his size with the ball. He is more athletic then mason. He is very good face up on offense because he can shoot. He was in the top twenty in fts.

on top of all this he can rebound and is a hustle energy guy.

check the proof.

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

This kid will definitely start here. He is special, no doubt. How dcan we get him? Will Dallas not keep him?

He is an unrestricted FA, but unless Cuban offers him the Max, I think playing with D12,VC,Meer,Shard and MP will be far more attractive to him or anyone else for that matter!!

We made more noise in the finals by showing the need for his services than what we realize!!!

i think I've decided, he's the guy they should aim for. I loved the kid in college and said he was a sleeper in the draft...

He is a hustle player to the fullest, but is so young his game could easily become more polished..With Malone and Ewing as big man coaches that seems all to easy for him to become amazing..

Also, adding a true PF gives this team so much more flexability.

For a big team (Lakers) a lineup of

Nelson/Carter/Lewis/Bass/Howard would be great.

But for "small ball"

Nelson/Pietrus/Carter/Lewis/Dwight(Bass) would also work just fine.

Plus he is younger than Sheed, and could you imagine seeing Vince,Bass and Pietrus on a fast break together? Unstoppable.

love bass on this team. Hes a young udonis haslem with the potential to be better. I love that he tries to dunk everything in the paint but at the same time has a nice jump shot.

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You would be surprised. Bass is a freak. He is very quick at his size. Think about Anthony mason. He is not as good a mason with the ball handles but is better then most his size with the ball. He is more athletic then mason. He is very good face up on offense because he can shoot. He was in the top twenty in fts.

on top of all this he can rebound and is a hustle energy guy.

check the proof.

I looked at the videos and you're right. Depending on the team I think he can definitely play the three and be able to play defense pretty well. I really hope they make a serious play to try and get Bass because he's definitely a baller. With his defense, shot blocking, and rebounding ability he can take some of the pressure off of Howard. I don't think Cuban will pay him to much because Dirk is an unrestricted free agent in 2010 and he needs to save some money to keep him. Just as chosen12 said, we'd be far more attractive to play for. Everyone knows that a true PF is really the only component that the Magic need to win a championship. Orlando has two things going in their favor heading into free agency;

1. They just made the finals

2. Being able to play alongside such tremendous talent. I mean who wouldn't want to play with Howard, VC, Lewis, Nelson, and Pietrus.

I would just love to have a traditional lineup for once.

I liked what we did for a couple of years with Shard at the PF, but I think to get back to the Finals, and win, we need a traditional styled lineup, with an emphasis on defensive lockdowns and rebounding.

I think either Bass or Dice brings that. And either of those guys can start.

quote:

quote:
and could you imagine seeing Vince,Bass and Pietrus on a fast break together? Unstoppable.

pietrus would probably keep it himself and botch a layup

"Now that hurt"!!! True.....but it still hurt!!!!! LOL

quote:

quote:
and could you imagine seeing Vince,Bass and Pietrus on a fast break together? Unstoppable.

He'd go for a sweet fingerroll from 10 feet out and get called for an offensive foul.

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

quote:

quote:

He'd go for a sweet fingerroll from 10 feet out and get called for an offensive foul.

ya thats the only knock I have on him 2, he likes to try and make an amazing play on the fastbreak when all he has to do is make the extra pass and get credited for an assist