Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

What to do with Turk {poll}

quote:
Sign & Trade Turk to the Clippers for Al Thornton, Marcus Camby and DeAndre Jordan.

Just my opinion but I don't think they would be as likely to give up Thornton or Jordan just given their age. However I have heard Camby and Kaman's names thrown around. I would take either of them in a heartbeat. The salaries are just about right and if we could manage to rescue one of the Clippers young guys in the process then that makes it even better. Who knows what we could get from them, they are the Clippers!

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

I picked the trade for Tayshaun but I think any trade that could net us a banger and a perimeter defender would be good. We need to fill in spots and add depth.

Here's the thing, I think we do better in adding depth by letting Turk walk and not taking back any excessive salaries in a sign and trade.

We can sign Gortat for 4-6 mil per year, and split the MLE between two players like Sheed and McDyess. That totals around 10 mil per year, which is what Turk is asking for. I'm not sure any sign and trade package will bring us as much bang for our buck.

Then of course there are other possibilities for vet min ring hunters, like possibly Kidd or Grant Hill.

Howard/Gortat

Sheed or McDyess/Anderson/Lewis

Lewis/Pietrus/Carter/Hill?

Carter/Pietrus/JJ

Nelson/Kidd?/AJ

Keeping Gortat and picking up McDyess is way more important to me than picking up a player like Outlaw in a sign and trade. Now if management wants to go balls to the wall and add even more payroll, well then that would be ideal.

I picked the Nocioni and possibly Donte Green, only because I think the Detroit deal is unrealistic. They don't get better by replacing Prince with Hedo. But if it happens, I would be thrilled.

Nocioni would be a great fit as well though. He's the kind of player that really helps win games in playoff battles. He's rugged, aggressive, plays hard defense, and can shoot the 3. If they throw in Green, then we have the potential future star that can grow with Dwight and replace Lewis down the road. I actually think the King's draft last night shows that they are trying to win now and are not interested in a long rebuilding phase. Thats why they took an apparently more ready Tyreke Evans over Rubio, which I thought was a mistake. Maybe they think they can make some noise by adding Hedo.