Sign in to follow this  
Starting at Guard...

Use MLE on Ron Artest?

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by MRSTYLEZ18:

WELL SEE DATS WAT IM SAYIN IF WE'RE NOT GONNA B ABLE TO SIGN HIM (TURK) B/C OF DA CARTER DEAL N MANAGMENT DOESN WANNA DO WAT THEY SAID THEY WERE GOIN TO DO N REACH IN THERE OWN POCKETS TO PAY TURK DEN LETS GET SOMETHIN FOR HIM RIGHT???? ARTEST IS WILLING TO PLAY FOR WAT TURK MAKES GORDON WUD B WILLING AS LONG AS HE HAS A CHANCE TO WIN THERES PLENTY OUT THERE EVEN SHEED FROM DA PISTONS WICH WUD MEAN WE BRING LEWIS BACK TO HIS SPOT AT DA 3... DA ? IS,

IS MAGIC MANAGMENT WILLING TO GO DA EXTRA MILE TO PUT US OVER DA HUMP

I ACTUALLY THINK WE NEED SOMETHING OTHER THAN TURK NOW. SOMEONE WHO NEEDS LESS SHOTS. MORE OF A DEFENSIVE, ATHLETIC 3

I AGREE. BUT WHY ARE WE ALL SHOUTING? IS THE MUSIC REALLY THAT LOUD?

It would be interesting. Definitely. I'd rather have Hedo or Prince, but if not that? Yeah - I could live with Artest.

Making it to the Finals, and the move for VC proving that we want to go back, might bring in guys that wouldn't normally play for Orlando.

Oh, MRSTYLEZ18?

pic_1204822247024801.jpg

i would love artest on this team. brings the toughness and passion. i think he's calmed down alot the last couple years too, no suspensions. he prob wont get more than the MLE, so would title favorites and no state income be enuf to sway him our way, i think so.

yeah - that would be a pretty sick starting 5.

The more I think about VC being here, the more I like it. He's not just a jump-out-of-the-gym guy who sucks now that he can't get up: he's a good shooter and plays smart.

Great free-throw shooter, etc.

Good move, Otis. Good move.

SEE IF WE NEED AN ATHLETIC AN HARD NOSE DEFENSIVE PLAYER DEN WHO BETTER DEN ARTEST DAT IS OUTTHERE RIGHT NOW NO NOCK ON PRINCE HES GREAT AN ALL BUT LOOK AT WAT ARTEST DID TO KOBE DIS YR DATS WAT WE NEEDED IN DA FINALS SOME1 TO HOLD HIM OFF N ABLE TO SCORE HEDO PUT UP A LIL OVER 16 POINTS DIS YR ARTEST A LIL OVER 19 WE LOSE LEE WHO PUT UP 9 BUT CARTER IS ABLE TO SCORE ANY WHERE +20 BUT WE NEED MORE IF WE LOSE TURK N I THINK ARTEST OR SHEED R OUR ONLY TO SMART OPTIONS TO WIN RIGHT NOW

artest won't sign for the mle, odom won't sign for the mle, boozer won't sign for the mle, sheed won't sign for the mle, milsap won't sign for the mle.

YEEESH!!!

It would be awesome on NBA 2K10, but not sure how it would work on the court. Sheed is a better fit and I'm still on the fence about him.

Not to mention that Houston really wants him back.

quote:

SEE IF WE NEED AN ATHLETIC AN HARD NOSE DEFENSIVE PLAYER DEN WHO BETTER DEN ARTEST DAT IS OUTTHERE RIGHT NOW NO NOCK ON PRINCE HES GREAT AN ALL BUT LOOK AT WAT ARTEST DID TO KOBE DIS YR DATS WAT WE NEEDED IN DA FINALS SOME1 TO HOLD HIM OFF N ABLE TO SCORE HEDO PUT UP A LIL OVER 16 POINTS DIS YR ARTEST A LIL OVER 19 WE LOSE LEE WHO PUT UP 9 BUT CARTER IS ABLE TO SCORE ANY WHERE +20 BUT WE NEED MORE IF WE LOSE TURK N I THINK ARTEST OR SHEED R OUR ONLY TO SMART OPTIONS TO WIN RIGHT NOW

YES MOST OF ALL WE NEED SOMEONE WITH HARD NOSE DEFENSEE.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

YES MOST OF ALL WE NEED SOMEONE WITH HARD NOSE DEFENSEE.

Keith_Bogans_0003.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

It would be awesome on NBA 2K10, but not sure how it would work on the court. Sheed is a better fit and I'm still on the fence about him.

Not to mention that Houston really wants him back.

Although Houston may want him back, I don't think they're going to bring him back. They have a lot of salary already committed for next year and paid to get 3 2nd round draft picks, which tells me those 3 guys are making the roster.

I think they may be out of money, and out of roster spots. Since Artest wants to win a championship, his other options are rather limited.

LA will resign Ariza and Odom, take it to the bank. CLE has James at SF, not a good fit there. SA just got Jefferson, so that's not a fit. DEN has Anthony, so forget that. DAL has Howard, so he's not going there. BOS is also not a fit, as Pierce plays SF, and neither is CHI, as they have Deng and Salmons, plus I doubt they would bring him back.

That leaves him with HOU and ORL as options, and as I said, HOU may not be able to realistically bring him back. Remember, they have a lot of players already, and they're trying to trade McGrady, who will bring back at least 2, more likely 3-4 players because of his salary.