Sign in to follow this  
VCMagic15

Vince Carter - Clearing up the Misconceptions

quote:

- He's as capable of having 6 point games as he is having 40 point games at this point in his career

Yes he is probably more capable to flop single digits then go for 40. he scored single digits in 9 games this year and scored 40 only once. However overall he is pretty consistent plus he is going to be on a much better team where he will get open looks and work will be a lot easier for him on the offensive side. i really wouldnt be surprised to see his efficiancy go up a lot this year even if his numbers dip a little.

Long time Magic fan. Always read the board but never posted, til now.

I love this trade. Yes I will mis clee, but Carter and Anderson will make us an even greater team

I agree with OP 100%

VC is a very complete player. He's also an outstanding one on one defender when he wants to be.

But, there have been stretches where he looks like he's breaking down physically even when "healthy". Maybe it's effort???

Like most vets, he coasts, & settles far too often. Again, is it an issue on not selling out for a team with no legitimate hope? He's been a beast in the playoffs & he's gone on monster heaters during playoff drives.

The good news, VC, home, & on a contender should produce a very motivated VC next year.

this deal is going to benefit carter in so many ways. first, he's not being looked at to do all the work like on all his previous teams. through out his career, carter has been the go to guy that people depended on to help carry poor/decent teams. in orlando he's going to have so much help that he doesn't have to drain all his energy trying to keep his team in the game. carter does everything hedu did for us but better.

hedu:

08/09 regular season:

g- 77 gs- 77 mpg- 36.6 fg%- .413 3p%- .356

ft%- .807 rpg- 5.3 apg- 4.9 spg- 0.8 to- 2.65 ppg-16.8

carter:

08/09 regular season:

g-80 gs-80 mpg- 36.8 fg%- .437 3p%- .385

ft%- .817 rpg- 5.1 apg- 4.7 spg- 1.0 to- 2.09

ppg- 20.8

Amazing post!!!! Come on Sheed, I am 2 seconds from nutting all over this board. Sheed you can make me blow!!!!! Way to represent Otis, and welcome Vince!!!!! Respect to Courtney, Tony, and Rafer. I will applaud all of you when I see you again.

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

- He's lost a noticeable step

- He doesn't bring it *every* night like he used to

- He's as capable of having 6 point games as he is having 40 point games at this point in his career

- More than ever, he relies on his jumper

I don't disagree with you at all but the beauty of this addition is that

-You gain a step when it's Dwight Howard setting your screen

-If the prospect of 65 wins and an NBA Championship fourty five minutes from where he grew up doesn't energize, I bet Van Gundy's coaching will. Effort shouldn't be a huge concern next season

-This offense will be predicated around two scorers combining to score 40 and two others dropping 9 a piece. Nights when Vince is off usually are due to an effort that the other team is making to slow him down and if the other team wants to force Rashard, Dwight, and Jameer to beat them...Well, that is more than fine

-Relies on his jumper? Sounds like a solid fit for this team

quote:
Originally posted by nate dizzy:

Amazing post!!!! Come on Sheed, I am 2 seconds from nutting all over this board. Sheed you can make me blow!!!!! Way to represent Otis, and welcome Vince!!!!! Respect to Courtney, Tony, and Rafer. I will applaud all of you when I see you again.

WHOA

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

- He's lost a noticeable step

- He doesn't bring it *every* night like he used to

- More than ever, he relies on his jumper

I don't disagree with you at all but the beauty of this addition is that

-You gain a step when it's Dwight Howard setting your screen

-If the prospect of 65 wins and an NBA Championship fourty five minutes from where he grew up doesn't energize, I bet Van Gundy's coaching will. Effort shouldn't be a huge concern next season

-This offense will be predicated around two scorers combining to score 40 and two others dropping 9 a piece. Nights when Vince is off usually are due to an effort that the other team is making to slow him down and if the other team wants to force Rashard, Dwight, and Jameer to beat them...Well, that is more than fine

-Relies on his jumper? Sounds like a solid fit for this team

Totally agree.

quote:

ew YUCK

quote:

LMAO i laughed so hard at this. Dude i felt the same way. Wen i saw Lee's name on the potential starter for the nets i was like NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY does that mean carter?..carter is on the ?? YESSS HES ON THE MAGIC!!!! RIP Lee i like u man.

But then i heard rumors about Sheed and im like

:_)