Sign in to follow this  
TheGoose

Vince Creates Alot of Spots to Fill....

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

pfft, this is a sinch...

re-sign Gortat, throw the MLE at Ariza and pickup Jeremy Pargo...

Nelson/AJ/Pargo

VC/JJ

Ariza/MP

Lewis/Anderson

Dwight/Gortat

it's that easy kids...Otis' job is fun...

Why would Ariza want to resign with us? He's close to home, on a championship team, playing next to Kobe who makes his life easier.

Plus, his coach doesn't scream at him. Come on.

quote:

pfft, this is a cinch...

Nelson/AJ/Pargo

VC/JJ

Ariza/MP

Lewis/Anderson

Dwight/Gortat

Nah, we need a legit PF so we can FINALLY be versatile in the playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

pfft, this is a sinch...

Nelson/AJ/Pargo

VC/JJ

Ariza/MP

Lewis/Anderson

Dwight/Gortat

Why would Ariza want to resign with us? He's close to home, on a championship team, playing next to Kobe who makes his life easier.

not feeling the sarcasm today?

quote:

quote:

pfft, this is a sinch...

Nelson/AJ/Pargo

VC/JJ

Ariza/MP

Lewis/Anderson

Dwight/Gortat

Plus, if you watched the Lakers when they went on Kimmel, he pretty much hates us now.

quote:

quote:

quote:

pfft, this is a sinch...

Nelson/AJ/Pargo

VC/JJ

Ariza/MP

Lewis/Anderson

Dwight/Gortat

not feeling the sarcasm today?

When you read posts from PEC, Mac Man and others, it's hard sometimes to know w t f is going on.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

quote:

pfft, this is a sinch...

Nelson/AJ/Pargo

VC/JJ

Ariza/MP

Lewis/Anderson

Dwight/Gortat

Plus, if you watched the Lakers when they went on Kimmel, he pretty much hates us now.

I blame you for that.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

quote:

pfft, this is a sinch...

Nelson/AJ/Pargo

VC/JJ

Ariza/MP

Lewis/Anderson

Dwight/Gortat

I blame you for that.

Don't blame me. The second that trade went down I said it was stupid. You probably said how great Brian Cook would be.

sad.

Nelson/AJ

Carter/JJ

Pietrus

Rashard/Anderson

Dwight

This is where we sit. I believe we keep AJ as #2 pg mainly for the fact of his playoff consistency and familiarity with the system. Why spend unnecessary money on an extra pg that isnt needed. Maybe we resign Lue but i dont see us picking up anyone spectacular. I think adding a versatile player like Rasheed would be tremendous. maybe not him but a player like him that can start at the 4, and slide to the 5 if Dwight gets in foul trouble and then we could use Rashard at the 4 still. Another scenario would be resigning the combination of Turk and Foyle. RDV said he would go into luxury tax to resign Hedo, well here is his chance. Here is his chance to give us quite possible the most amazing starting lineup this league has ever seen. Add maybe an undrafted free agent, or maybe a vetran wanting another ring(s)(Mcdyess). I have to say i dont think we will bring back Hedo but it would be amazing. Rasheed is my 2nd choice if he would sign reasonable offer.

quote:
Originally posted by TheGoose:

So from watching ESPN this morning and hearing Otis say that signing Hedo is gonna be difficult, most likely Vince is hear to replace him. Great move on the replacement except for one thing...now we have a horrible bench and are out on a starting position whether SF or SG. Pietrus fouls too much so u want him on the bench and Redick no way. U can possibly sign gortat back but i think as of right now this trade makes us worse. What do u guys think we can do to fill these spots considering we really dont have much to trade with either?

This thread is forgetting a couple things. We are getting a good prospect with Anderson. Seen him play, and he is a tough cookie with a good shot. Also, Hedo is still officially ours, and I doubt any team will give him the money straight out. Hedo will require a sign and trade that will get us the PF we need. With MLE we keep Gortat or pick up Wallace.

I will miss Hedo IF he goes. He is not gone yet. Orlando may still be his best option financially AND championship wise. Carter is a risk for a team that was young and made it to the finals, but the Magic are going for gold NOW. Carter is hungry, so I'm hoping he comes out with his best year ever.

quote:
Originally posted by fishybashi:

quote:
Originally posted by TheGoose:

So from watching ESPN this morning and hearing Otis say that signing Hedo is gonna be difficult, most likely Vince is hear to replace him. Great move on the replacement except for one thing...now we have a horrible bench and are out on a starting position whether SF or SG. Pietrus fouls too much so u want him on the bench and Redick no way. U can possibly sign gortat back but i think as of right now this trade makes us worse. What do u guys think we can do to fill these spots considering we really dont have much to trade with either?

This thread is forgetting a couple things. We are getting a good prospect with Anderson. Seen him play, and he is a tough cookie with a good shot. Also, Hedo is still officially ours, and I doubt any team will give him the money straight out. Hedo will require a sign and trade that will get us the PF we need. With MLE we keep Gortat or pick up Wallace.

I will miss Hedo IF he goes. He is not gone yet. Orlando may still be his best option financially AND championship wise. Carter is a risk for a team that was young and made it to the finals, but the Magic are going for gold NOW. Carter is hungry, so I'm hoping he comes out with his best year ever.

agree with you...although, regardless of what happens we dont need the MLE to bring back gortat. since he is a RFA, we can simply just sign him and save the MLE for someone like sheed or dice or bass. In reality, we need gortat AND one of the three listed above. I do think that if turk goes elsewhere it will be through a sign and trade.

what do you think if we were to sign and trade hedo for andre miller? and use the mle to lure rasheed? i think it would make sense for our team...money wise it fits because we are willing to go into the luxury tax.

C Dwight Howard, Gortat

PF Rasheed Wallace, Anderson

SF Rashard Lewis, Pietrus

SG Vince Carter, Pietrus, (some random FA)

PG Andre Miller, Jameer Nelson, AJ

I would love this roster.