Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Burgundy

Sheeeed

quote:
Originally posted by crisby pancakes:

McDyess is the more likely of the two in my opinion, a few board members on the Detroit forum think Sheed will go to a contending team that offers the most money, I dont know too much about other teams cap space but they seem to think San Antonio would be a likely destination, then again it wouldnt suprise me if the Spurs went after Gortat I think he would be a great fit there. Hopefully this trade has given us enough star power to attract McDyess at least.

I love Sheeeeeed and Dice. But, any concerns about their ability to run the court? Sometimes we play better by pushing the ball.

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

quote:

McDyess is the more likely of the two in my opinion, a few board members on the Detroit forum think Sheed will go to a contending team that offers the most money, I dont know too much about other teams cap space but they seem to think San Antonio would be a likely destination, then again it wouldnt suprise me if the Spurs went after Gortat I think he would be a great fit there. Hopefully this trade has given us enough star power to attract McDyess at least.

I love Sheeeeeed and Dice. But, any concerns about their ability to run the court? Sometimes we play better by pushing the ball.

We can still go small with mickeal on the bench.

But we now would match up better with bigger teams.

quote:

quote:

I honestly couldn't say as i've not seen enough of them this past year to comment but judging from what has been said about sheeds knees there is no way we push the ball with him on court.

Antonio "The Man" McDyess is still my #1 FA hope/target, but Sheed joins Brandon Bass as excellent consolation prizes if that were not to happen.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:
Originally posted by Da_Coach:

quote:
Originally posted by Sacmo:

ALso, I know hedo is good and a great player, but lewis will go back to his spot as a SF, more 3 bombs, and VC at SG, with sheed helping supa man, comon we dont need 3 SF's

Vince was always a SF but can play SG

Lewis is a SF

hedo is a SF

hedo is the one that will leave, I am sad to see this happen, but its how the game works.

Not more 3 bombs. Shard got all those open looks because most 4's don't/can't guard out on the perimeter. Moving back to the 3 will make it easier for teams to guard him with other quick athletic players that play the 3 position.

He will post the small player up easy and should over most small players. There is a reason he was a all star at sf as well.

Plus with sheed, he will hurt teams that double team because of the three ball.

I am more worried about the defense vs James and Mello type players vs Lewis. Lewis is not good vs SF players that dribble good.

That is the real issue here but at the same time, it won't be worse than Hedo against these guys. The big issue is that now we don't have a good defender at any perimeter position but I suppose the paint will be off limits if we have 'Sheed and Dwight roaming

I've been thinking about this. If Rashard moves over to 3, he will post up many people there, but could get abused by faster SFs and will not be able to shoot open 3s because of the other big men not being able to guard him up in the perimeter.

I wonder if we want that. Get post up advantage, lose defensive and 3pt shooting advantage. Is his post game worth it?

Lewis will still get open 3s off the penetration of Nelson and Carter. He will get open 3s off the double teams of Howard, or even Wallace at times. Sure, the smaller players can close out quicker, but with Shard's high release they can't exactly contest his shots. Add the fact that Shard's post game against SF's is a huge weapon that allowed Lewis to put up 22.4 ppg before coming here.

And I really don't see that we lose any defensive advantage moving Lewis to the 3. Lewis is no worse than Hedo and is probably a better defender at the SF position. His primary role will be to contest jumpers and he can do that with his length, and if guys get around him, well they run into Dwight and Sheed. Good luck with that.

AND we shore up our eternal achilles heel, rebounding.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

Shore up? Just adding in 'Sheed would make us a dominant rebouding team but when you factor in Carter's size and offensive knack for the ball, we would probably be the best statistical rebounding team in the league

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:
Originally posted by Da_Coach:

quote:
Originally posted by Sacmo:

ALso, I know hedo is good and a great player, but lewis will go back to his spot as a SF, more 3 bombs, and VC at SG, with sheed helping supa man, comon we dont need 3 SF's

Vince was always a SF but can play SG

Lewis is a SF

hedo is a SF

hedo is the one that will leave, I am sad to see this happen, but its how the game works.

Not more 3 bombs. Shard got all those open looks because most 4's don't/can't guard out on the perimeter. Moving back to the 3 will make it easier for teams to guard him with other quick athletic players that play the 3 position.

He will post the small player up easy and should over most small players. There is a reason he was a all star at sf as well.

Plus with sheed, he will hurt teams that double team because of the three ball.

I am more worried about the defense vs James and Mello type players vs Lewis. Lewis is not good vs SF players that dribble good.

That is the real issue here but at the same time, it won't be worse than Hedo against these guys. The big issue is that now we don't have a good defender at any perimeter position but I suppose the paint will be off limits if we have 'Sheed and Dwight roaming

I've been thinking about this. If Rashard moves over to 3, he will post up many people there, but could get abused by faster SFs and will not be able to shoot open 3s because of the other big men not being able to guard him up in the perimeter.

I wonder if we want that. Get post up advantage, lose defensive and 3pt shooting advantage. Is his post game worth it?

Lewis will still get open 3s off the penetration of Nelson and Carter. He will get open 3s off the double teams of Howard, or even Wallace at times. Sure, the smaller players can close out quicker, but with Shard's high release they can't exactly contest his shots. Add the fact that Shard's post game against SF's is a huge weapon that allowed Lewis to put up 22.4 ppg before coming here.

And I really don't see that we lose any defensive advantage moving Lewis to the 3. Lewis is no worse than Hedo and is probably a better defender at the SF position. His primary role will be to contest jumpers and he can do that with his length, and if guys get around him, well they run into Dwight and Sheed. Good luck with that.

Great points. Rashard also has a high release as part of his shooting mechanics.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I honestly couldn't say as i've not seen enough of them this past year to comment but judging from what has been said about sheeds knees there is no way we push the ball with him on court.

Well as Black said, we need to go the bench to make it. That could be ok. Besides, we don't need 5 players running the court I guess.

quote:

quote:

Well maybe if we had a large line-up that still spread the floor we would be better if we didn't push it