Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Magic Trade For Vince Carter [Updated: Pics in Magic Jersey]

Um did I miss something!!!!

We got Vince Carter??????????

Wow this is shocking and unexpected to say the least. But I love it hehehehehhehehehehehehe

I love this trade. However I do not love having to change my sig.

I will miss you Courtney, say hi to Keyon for us! Say na na na na boo boo to Brian Hill for us.

Whatever we do with Hedo doesnt matter, we will be as good or better next year with or without him. Brilliant move Otis.

Ok...Let's say Lee reaches his potential in 3-4 years time....By then turk and Alston will be old, and our window would be closed.

We've got 2 years now to win a Championship and i'm ok with this trade.

We go for it now...and in 2 years time VC comes off the books and we look at another big FA

He who trades Lee will trade Magic's future for a hub cap.

I think its time to revive Oscar Robertson and Jerry West.

They ll be nice additions to Magics billion dollar roster.

Troubled waters from now on for Disney town.

1- Rashard wont have as many shot attempts.

2- Carter will try to be General Custer and fail big time.

I suggested Carter 2 years ago, but now its too late.

Best of luck to you.

****, Lee had heart n a good guy. But ur treatin him too highly. Skillwise he aint no Vince Carter. N im SURE u will all love Vince once the season starts. im STOKED about this trade!! I love the magic now.

N u guys r gaining as many fans as ur losing(im doubtin ur losing more than 2 fans ha). Cuz little do many of u kno, VC has a HUGE bandwagon of fans who ride him becuz VC has never had the oppurtunity to really have a good team like this and he deserves it. (cept with J kid and Rich Jeff). I cant WAIT for the next season and the Magic will flourish.

Jus listen to the NBA experts on ESPN, they all are prasing the GM sayin this is one of the best trades theyve seen. And whats the most dominating teams in the game (besides the 3 headed Bull with MJ)... Its a Insanely skilled Gaurd matched with a dominating big.

In this case we have Vince Carter(skills that kill) with Dwight Howard(dominate BIG). O and btw on top of all that we have a killer Rashard Lewis Forward, and star point gaurd Jameer Nelson, and possibly another killer forward Hedo Turkoglu.

I dont think Ive EVER seen a team with 5 starting all stars. THIS IS HISTORY YALL GO MAGIC!!!!

It's another day in the world of the Magic. The draft is over. Internet sites are reporting that Courtney not being part of the trade would have been a deal breaker. Sad part about it is Brian Hill. Hopefully Laurence Frank won't let him break Courtney. People will call me crazy but I thought after the Dwight-Courtney accident that something wasn't right with him and SVG. It was the playoffs and SVG was in the mode of making some strange decisions but I never thought Courtney was 100% after getting injured and Courtney's demeanor had changed somewhat. But still didn't see this one coming.

i jus read this whole thread almost. I FEEL FOR YOU LEE FANS. I hope u still watch lee with Devin Harris and the nets. But stil keep the Magic as ur number 1 team!! Ppl get traded, or contract ends, its the way it is. I wish contracts were like 20 years long but they arnt so its hard.

i pray for.

PG- Nelson

SG-Vince Carter

SF-Hedo

PF-Rashard Lewis

C-Dwight

Im SOOO PUMPED tho! MY FAVORITE nba player VC has moved to my favorite team. I cant explain how happy i am about this. I didnt think id EVER get this happy over the NBA

Love this trade. Will miss Courtney Lee, but you don't pass on Vince Carter coming off maybe his best season as a Net.

I will also miss Hedo if he leaves, but this gives the team much better flexibility salary-wise when Carter's deal is done.

well.. the trade seems great if we can find a way to re sign hedo (and if it is possible gortat too)..if we can't I am afraid we are going to regret it right at the beginning of the season and will blame otis for the rest of his life.

because the core of the team was good enough to win a championship (I think we all were thinking the same way) when you consider the development we all are expecting fom Dwight and lee. Our bench was deep with rafer, pietrus and gortat. now..we have a great scorer ( I don't think he is a good leader)but no bench..if anything goes wrong like it did with jameer last year, what will be our backup plan?

I am excited with the trade but don't think it will be good for us unless otis made a few more good moves..real good ones..

Just in case you're not excited enough for Vince Carter, watch this (in high quality), and remember two things.

1. He did this to his former team in THEIR arena.

2. This isn't something vintage from 2002. He did this just this past season!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsXjo2TdjRE

Or the long version:

How about this Sky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTI-z0j9J-g

And those are just highlights from LAST season. I know he's 32 but man, nobody can argue that he doesn't have the hops anymore.

And yes, he has played 82, 78, and 80 games his last three seasons. Barring a Jameer injury surprise, I expect him to play an almost full season for us.

Although I agree, either we need to keep Turk or get a quality big and/or PG. But I guess that's pretty much obvious.