Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Howard: Cavs Got Shaq To Try And Stop Me

quote:
Originally posted by X:

KInd of self centered to offer that opinion. The talk outside Orlando is the Cavs are trying to make Lebron happy till they figure how to hold on to him the year after

actually X, 3 different ESPN analysts have said what Dwight did. so the talk outside of orlando is the same.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by X:

This trade was something that has been in the works during last season. so I don't whole heartedly see your point.

And it was turned down, as Ferry didn't think it was needed. Orlando showed him different, so yeah, it was in direct response to the loss in the ECF's.

Let me ask you this. If Cleveland won over Orlando and the Lakers, does this trade happen?

As it turned out, I don't think we know what really happened unless you're sitting in on the negociations between two parties. I've already stated the move was to simmer Lebron and buy time for another move in the near future.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to seeing the original Superman school Howard. Seeing how Kobe boxed him out on the paint proved to me Howards got weak legs. Shaq will own the paint in this match up.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Let me ask you this. If Cleveland won over Orlando and the Lakers, does this trade happen?

Yes it does, because they traded for Ben Wallace who is on his way out (another ring would have guaranteed his retirement) and Sasha Pavlovic doesn't mean anything to them.

They didn't gut their team to make this trade, and had they won the title making this trade would have been even easier because there is no gamble, Lebron could walk after this season and Shaq is in his last year as well.

The trade would have been done to try & repeat, and again, keep Lebron in Cleveland (hoping that 2nd ring would do the trick). If the "project" fails, then at least they tried. The stakes are much higher now and they are hoping that one ring would be enough to keep James in town.

This trade is about trying to keep Lebron happy so that he stays. There is no denying this. Even with Garnett healthy there was no guarantee that the Celtics were going to be in it. Same for the Magic, there is no guarantee that they will have the same spectacular season. If you think that the head of an organization is going to make business decisions based on 1 of 30 teams, then you don't know business.

So let me get this ..... If the Magic make moves, and if the logic of Howard and a few here are applied, Kobe will be relaxing in his Newport Beach Mansion saying the same childish things. I don't think so.