Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Report: Suns, Cavs Talking Shaq

quote:
The Cavaliers and Suns are reportedly discussing a trade involving Shaquille O'Neal once again.

The rumor involves O'Neal, Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic, but another source close to the situation said that "there's nothing going on" between the two clubs.

Multiple sources confirmed back in February that Cleveland and Phoenix had discussed a deal involving O'Neal.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wire...s_cavs_talking_shaq/

quote:
The Cavaliers and Suns are reportedly discussing a trade involving Shaquille O'Neal once again.

The rumor involves O'Neal, Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic, but another source close to the situation said that "there's nothing going on" between the two clubs.

Multiple sources confirmed back in February that Cleveland and Phoenix had discussed a deal involving O'Neal.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wire...s_cavs_talking_shaq/

By next post season Shaq will be 38, and Dwight will be 24. Dwight will improve and Shaq will decline, if Cavs do this trade it likely reduces the chance of any other moves and leaves the door open for us to go back to the finals next year.

Also the Cavs pre-game rituals will be even crazier.

Guest G1bson

I think that this would help the Cavs even though Shaq is about to be 37. He's a big body and can score and play OK D. Now there are risks to this, Shaq again is old and can't run as much and play as much. But considering if this went down and the Cavs only give up Wallace (Who may retire) and crappy Sasha who acts like LeBron it's a great deal for the Cavs.

Also, I know this is off-topic but I finally got approved for these forums and I just wanted to say you guys have a good team and good series with the Cavs. I hope you guys pull this off and beat LA. And yes...I'm a Cavs fan.

Guest GibsonForThr33

This would definitely be a good move for the Cavs. Ben Wallace is about to retire, and Sasha is a benchwarmer. Sure Shaw is old, but he can still play. He's the guy we need to body up Howard to we don't have to double team. Also, his contract expires after this year so it would give us more cap space to sign Bosh or Amare.

Guest GibsonForThr33

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

I hope the Cavs do get Shaq, one less team to worry about in the East.

How do you figure?