quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by magicfreak#1:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagic
Thats what this forum is full, of flip floppers.

"Flip Floppers." Sounds like some kind of mindless Pavlovian conditioning. It is intelligent to change opinions and ideas when new data is collected or a situation changes. It is stupid to cling to ideas proven wrong simpley out of the fear that someone might call you a flip flopper, or to say you stick to your guns.

It is intelligent to learn from mistakes, it is even intelligent to admit you made mistakes, so that you can actually learn from them, yes "flip flopping is actually a sign of intelligence, and is no doubt something far beyond your reasoning, as you display the ability for independent rationality as a stubborn mule with blinders on who enjoys being whipped while all the while whisping to himself "stay the course, never think for yourself." These mules are very often worked to death by their masters, but left to their own devices are also capeable of eating them selves to death. But, let me put this question to you.

Will you "flip flopp" when we win the Championship with Vince Carter? Or will you wear your blinders until someone else leads you off a mountain side to your peril.

Unlike most on this board I have openly said in a post when something i said was wrong. My point was people on this board who say one thing one week then a month later say another, yet saying that that was their thought the whole time. i have no problem with people who admit they are wrong it just so happens that people on this board rarely do.

OH Really...I think you better recognize who started this thread. Just like I told you about Gortat. My opinions rarely change. If the Magic do not match Gortat's offer and make him a starter I will gladly admit I was wrong about him the first bad SEASON he has in Dallas. We paid Tony Battie the type of money Gortat is getting from Dallas. People thought Darko was worth the $7.5 mil per year Memphis gave him. No reason not to match Gortat since he is better than Battie, better than Darko and fits our system as a back up or a starter.

As far as you starting this thread what does that mean? I was talking about getting VC 4 years ago when you were in middle school. I just don't think it will win us a ring, I could be wrong and if we win one I will be the first to pronounce my love for VC. I only care about winning a championship no matter who is on this team.

We overpaid for Battie and at the time he was going to be the starter. Darko is a starter, that is the point. I never said that Gortat would do bad in Dallas, he will do well as a center. i said he would not work on this team as a starting PF so their is no point to match the offer. What is wrong with that? He is a upgrade over Dampier, I have said that. For a guy to come off the bench in limited minutes he is not worth the MLE when we have other needs and we could get Dice or Bass who could fill the PF role better.

The point is Gortat if you match and it does not work out as a PF is still a great trade piece. He is worth way more than anything Dallas can give us in a sign and trade. I will repeat since you have a reading comprehension issue. With his size, talent, skill and long term contract, he becomes one of the best trade pieces we could have at the trade deadline this year or next summer if we chose to move him.

In other news I have a friend who's father works for Fox Sports. He told me this morning that the Knicks are trying to trade for Steve Nash and a deal looks like it is pretty much done sending either Jefferies or Curry to the Suns with a pick for Nash.

You don't understand yes he would be a great trade piece, but when? We have limited funds but if he is not a starter than how do we sign these other guys? We will not go far into the luxury tax to keep a guy so we can trade him later, thats not how it works. We have holes to fill now for the start of the season.

We already know we are going to be NORTH of $80 million in salaries according to what was reported. So matching Gortat fits with that very well. And NEXT summer if we want in on say Chris Bosh and we have proven Gortat to be even more valuable, there is where you use your trade piece. Or on a trade for Amare.

Big centers like Gortat are so rare that when you have them locked down to s cheap long term contract it makes them even more valuable. Even Philly paying Sammy that huge contract did it because they had no choice given the total lack of big men in the NBA. But since you say we have no money just add it all up. We have 8 players at $68 million now. Said we would be north of $80 million. Even if we spend the entire MLE on one player here is what you have.

$68 million (8 players)

$5.5 million (Gortat)

$5.5 million (MLE)

$1.2 million (Vet Min Deal)

$82.6 million for 13 players. I even assumed we pay the full vet min, but we don't. The legue pays a portion of all vet min deals. I also assumed we get 3 vets over 5 years and pay the 1.2 mil. Players like Grant Hill, Iverson and players that are old. If you take a player like Kasib Powell or Pargo you are paying them less than $500k each. I would say a more likely scenario is the last two $1.2 million salaries I am showing are more like $500k and the one $1.2 million salary would be a player like Grant Hill. Even still if we SPLIT the MLE up that is even less money. SO just based on the reports the Magic have the go ahead to be north of $80 million and Otis saying he will split up the MLE. You will probably see something like this.

$68 million (8 players)

$11 million (Gortat + 2 players)

$1 million (2 guys like Powell and Pargo)

$80 million total. Tax paid will be between $9-11 million. Exactly on target from everything we have heard. SO you are wrong and we do have the money and the approval to do it.

I am wrong about what? Do you know what happens when you go into the luxury tax? I know we will have to go into the luxury tax but we don't have to resign Gortat. How do you know we will have to go above 80 mil? We don't have to do anything, reading John Denton articles is bad for your brain. I highly doubt we spend over 80 million. I didn't know Devos ran his approval through you and gave you exact numbers on how much we can spend, my bad.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

"Flip Floppers." Sounds like some kind of mindless Pavlovian conditioning. It is intelligent to change opinions and ideas when new data is collected or a situation changes. It is stupid to cling to ideas proven wrong simpley out of the fear that someone might call you a flip flopper, or to say you stick to your guns.

It is intelligent to learn from mistakes, it is even intelligent to admit you made mistakes, so that you can actually learn from them, yes "flip flopping is actually a sign of intelligence, and is no doubt something far beyond your reasoning, as you display the ability for independent rationality as a stubborn mule with blinders on who enjoys being whipped while all the while whisping to himself "stay the course, never think for yourself." These mules are very often worked to death by their masters, but left to their own devices are also capeable of eating them selves to death. But, let me put this question to you.

Will you "flip flopp" when we win the Championship with Vince Carter? Or will you wear your blinders until someone else leads you off a mountain side to your peril.

Unlike most on this board I have openly said in a post when something i said was wrong. My point was people on this board who say one thing one week then a month later say another, yet saying that that was their thought the whole time. i have no problem with people who admit they are wrong it just so happens that people on this board rarely do.

OH Really...I think you better recognize who started this thread. Just like I told you about Gortat. My opinions rarely change. If the Magic do not match Gortat's offer and make him a starter I will gladly admit I was wrong about him the first bad SEASON he has in Dallas. We paid Tony Battie the type of money Gortat is getting from Dallas. People thought Darko was worth the $7.5 mil per year Memphis gave him. No reason not to match Gortat since he is better than Battie, better than Darko and fits our system as a back up or a starter.

As far as you starting this thread what does that mean? I was talking about getting VC 4 years ago when you were in middle school. I just don't think it will win us a ring, I could be wrong and if we win one I will be the first to pronounce my love for VC. I only care about winning a championship no matter who is on this team.

We overpaid for Battie and at the time he was going to be the starter. Darko is a starter, that is the point. I never said that Gortat would do bad in Dallas, he will do well as a center. i said he would not work on this team as a starting PF so their is no point to match the offer. What is wrong with that? He is a upgrade over Dampier, I have said that. For a guy to come off the bench in limited minutes he is not worth the MLE when we have other needs and we could get Dice or Bass who could fill the PF role better.

The point is Gortat if you match and it does not work out as a PF is still a great trade piece. He is worth way more than anything Dallas can give us in a sign and trade. I will repeat since you have a reading comprehension issue. With his size, talent, skill and long term contract, he becomes one of the best trade pieces we could have at the trade deadline this year or next summer if we chose to move him.

In other news I have a friend who's father works for Fox Sports. He told me this morning that the Knicks are trying to trade for Steve Nash and a deal looks like it is pretty much done sending either Jefferies or Curry to the Suns with a pick for Nash.

You don't understand yes he would be a great trade piece, but when? We have limited funds but if he is not a starter than how do we sign these other guys? We will not go far into the luxury tax to keep a guy so we can trade him later, thats not how it works. We have holes to fill now for the start of the season.

We already know we are going to be NORTH of $80 million in salaries according to what was reported. So matching Gortat fits with that very well. And NEXT summer if we want in on say Chris Bosh and we have proven Gortat to be even more valuable, there is where you use your trade piece. Or on a trade for Amare.

Big centers like Gortat are so rare that when you have them locked down to s cheap long term contract it makes them even more valuable. Even Philly paying Sammy that huge contract did it because they had no choice given the total lack of big men in the NBA. But since you say we have no money just add it all up. We have 8 players at $68 million now. Said we would be north of $80 million. Even if we spend the entire MLE on one player here is what you have.

$68 million (8 players)

$5.5 million (Gortat)

$5.5 million (MLE)

$82.6 million for 13 players. I even assumed we pay the full vet min, but we don't. The legue pays a portion of all vet min deals. I also assumed we get 3 vets over 5 years and pay the 1.2 mil. Players like Grant Hill, Iverson and players that are old. If you take a player like Kasib Powell or Pargo you are paying them less than $500k each. I would say a more likely scenario is the last two $1.2 million salaries I am showing are more like $500k and the one $1.2 million salary would be a player like Grant Hill. Even still if we SPLIT the MLE up that is even less money. SO just based on the reports the Magic have the go ahead to be north of $80 million and Otis saying he will split up the MLE. You will probably see something like this.

$68 million (8 players)

$80 million total. Tax paid will be between $9-11 million. Exactly on target from everything we have heard. SO you are wrong and we do have the money and the approval to do it.

I am wrong about what? Do you know what happens when you go into the luxury tax? I know we will have to go into the luxury tax but we don't have to resign Gortat. How do you know we will have to go above 80 mil? We don't have to do anything, reading John Denton articles is bad for your brain. I highly doubt we spend over 80 million. I didn't know Devos ran his approval through you and gave you exact numbers on how much we can spend, my bad.

its okay man, we all make mistakes, just apologize

quote:
Originally posted by Its just zo:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

$68 million (8 players)

$5.5 million (Gortat)

$5.5 million (MLE)

$68 million (8 players)

its okay man, we all make mistakes, just apologize

+1000 This guy just cannot comprehend anything lol. See why this guy brings me so much laughter. It is like having a town idiot on this fan forum lol.