MagicFanBen

Would Anyone Take Vince Carter?

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

Thats what this forum is full, of flip floppers.

I missed this thread when it debuted, but it seemed that the overwhelming issue people had with it was trading for Vince whilst maintaining Hedo would hamstring our cap problem.

If that was the issue people had, and it clearly is no longer an issue, how are they flip-flopping? When a situation changes, it deserves to be reexamined. That's obvious.

Yeah and if this was a swap for Hedo for VC I would have no problem because I think VC is a better player. The problem is losing Lee. I just don't feel giving up Lee to take on money and giving up two huge Trade assets makes sense. Especially for renting a guy for 2 years. He has a 3rd year TO for 16 million which I doubt we would pick up.

I'm going to quote a post and then not respond to anything that was said in the post I quoted. Instead, I'll talk about something that's related so it seems like I'm still right. I win.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

VaBchMagicFan: its called ive watched at least 50 of the nets games from last season, and the whole rest of Vince's Careers, which gives a better opinion then stats. When he attacks, he attacks as an accurate finisher. N he sat back more this season becuz the Nets were in need to develop Devin Harris. N look he turned out to be an allstar point gaurd. The coach even said, Vince sacrificed his stats last season in development of DHarris.

But im not gonna make excuses for those numbers u showed. Ill let u be the judge next season.

I jus hope u can come around and instead of looking back and being pessimistic.

Y not look towards our future and hope for the best. Y say VC WILL SUCK IN ORLANDO, over I CANT WAIT

I never said VC sucks. I just think its funny how people think Hedo shoots all these jump shots and VC goes tot he basket all the time. Its not true. VC used to be hurt all the time when he was a high flyer so I hope he doesn't try to be that again. I know this teams staring lineup is better I just worry about depth.

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

Thats what this forum is full, of flip floppers.

I missed this thread when it debuted, but it seemed that the overwhelming issue people had with it was trading for Vince whilst maintaining Hedo would hamstring our cap problem.

If that was the issue people had, and it clearly is no longer an issue, how are they flip-flopping? When a situation changes, it deserves to be reexamined. That's obvious.

Yeah and if this was a swap for Hedo for VC I would have no problem because I think VC is a better player. The problem is losing Lee. I just don't feel giving up Lee to take on money and giving up two huge Trade assets makes sense. Especially for renting a guy for 2 years. He has a 3rd year TO for 16 million which I doubt we would pick up.

I'm going to quote a post and then not respond to anything that was said in the post I quoted. Instead, I'll talk about something that's related so it seems like I'm still right. I win.

Read the boards or any topic from 4 months back. Then read the same peoples comments now. People don't think for themselves they just agree with a few members most of the time. Why are you responding to something that has nothing to do with you?

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

ok then i misunderstood u. On that we can agree. N i truly am feeling that Otis was smarter then to just get VC and no depth.

Yeah I hope so too.

quote:
We were going to struggle to sign Hedo anyways, but if we fail to sign some other valuable pieces to fill the roster, than Otis is a big failure.

Otis declared He think heartbeat when he had a chance to take Carter without thinking how would effect Hedo's situation. So, anything about Hedos contract value and 4/5 years discussions should be out of Agenda.

Magic made a decision and i realy realy honestly have best wishes for future of this team.

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:

Why are you responding to something that has nothing to do with you?

Should I ask your permission before posting in the future? I'd be more than happy to do that.

Sure if you want.

i love how espn and people say we lost all our chemistry when the spurs, and cavaliers are changing their lineups as well...it's like they think our chemistry is " MAGIC".....i think they seriously make jokes about stan van gundy and our whole franchise in general so more people will watch.....do I sound crazy? 8)

its more like the media has been pushing LeBron and Kobe to match up so much that they want the Magic to crumble and fall to the power of the media. Im worried Dwight might actually fall the what the media says...but i hope hes smarter then that.

Obvoiusly until LeBron leaves Clevelend, they will try to do everything they can just for the Lakers and the Cavs to matchup. N Celtics n Spurs can come to cuz they bring lots of money to the table as well.

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

quote:

quote:
I'm really not willing to get too excited about the season though until we get some good FAs and fill up our roster.

Yeah well thats how we can judge this deal. If we don't spend money lose Hedo and Gortat and have to start JJ than i think the trade was a negative.

It could be. We were going to struggle to sign Hedo anyways, but if we fail to sign some other valuable pieces to fill the roster, than Otis is a big failure. If JJ were the starter, I think a few people on this board who's names start with "P" would actually think it's been an amazing offseason with amazing trades.

given the stats that are provided by VaBchMagic fan Vince doesnt seem to be much of an upgrade over hedo which I completely agree with..

To those who claim Vince is great at attacking the basket I disagree with. I think people see his athleticism and think he should be blowing by people, but thats not his game.at least has not been lately he looks so sluggish and refuses to drive hard to the basket opting for jumpers instead. He

quote:
Originally posted by magic_hoopsfan:

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

quote:

quote:
I'm really not willing to get too excited about the season though until we get some good FAs and fill up our roster.

Yeah well thats how we can judge this deal. If we don't spend money lose Hedo and Gortat and have to start JJ than i think the trade was a negative.

It could be. We were going to struggle to sign Hedo anyways, but if we fail to sign some other valuable pieces to fill the roster, than Otis is a big failure. If JJ were the starter, I think a few people on this board who's names start with "P" would actually think it's been an amazing offseason with amazing trades.

given the stats that are provided by VaBchMagic fan Vince doesnt seem to be much of an upgrade over hedo which I completely agree with..

To those who claim Vince is great at attacking the basket I disagree with. I think people see his athleticism and think he should be blowing by people, but thats not his game.at least has not been lately he looks so sluggish and refuses to drive hard to the basket opting for jumpers instead. He