Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Former NBA D-Leaguers step up to big time in The Finals

quote:
Rafer Alston, G

D-League experience: Mobile in 2002-03 before being called up by Toronto.

"You love it when you work hard and you're rewarded for your hard work. That's the case in my situation. Those guys that get picked in the lottery work hard, too. Some players in this league, minutes are handed out right off the bat. Some of us have to work extremely hard, not only to make a team, but to get into the rotation. I've done it all. I worked hard to make a team, get in the rotation, become a starter and lead a team."

quote:
Marcin Gortat, C

D-League experience: Assigned to Anaheim Arsenal last season, averaging 9.8 points and 6.8 rebounds in five games.

"It helped me get my confidence, my rhythm. I had been practicing every day, but didn't get a chance to play. I had a chance to show what I can do. It was good for me that time."

quote:
Jeremy Richardson, G

D-League experience: 2008 NBA D-League All-Star Game MVP. Fort Wayne, 2007-08; Fort Worth, 2006-07. Five career callups over two seasons.

"The D-League meant everything in my career to get here."

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/f...9/dleague/index.html

The D-League has come a long way. I like how the NBA is using it, like the MLB is using the minor league.

Brilliant idea by David Stern.

quote:
Rafer Alston, G

D-League experience: Mobile in 2002-03 before being called up by Toronto.

"You love it when you work hard and you're rewarded for your hard work. That's the case in my situation. Those guys that get picked in the lottery work hard, too. Some players in this league, minutes are handed out right off the bat. Some of us have to work extremely hard, not only to make a team, but to get into the rotation. I've done it all. I worked hard to make a team, get in the rotation, become a starter and lead a team."

quote:
Marcin Gortat, C

D-League experience: Assigned to Anaheim Arsenal last season, averaging 9.8 points and 6.8 rebounds in five games.

"It helped me get my confidence, my rhythm. I had been practicing every day, but didn't get a chance to play. I had a chance to show what I can do. It was good for me that time."

quote:
Jeremy Richardson, G

D-League experience: 2008 NBA D-League All-Star Game MVP. Fort Wayne, 2007-08; Fort Worth, 2006-07. Five career callups over two seasons.

"The D-League meant everything in my career to get here."

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/f...9/dleague/index.html

The D-League has come a long way. I like how the NBA is using it, like the MLB is using the minor league.

Brilliant idea by David Stern.

quote:
Originally posted by jsrtreeson:

it may have come a long way, but it still has a much longer way to go before it becomes an NBA farm system

Yes and they have to start by changing the name.

The D league? How subpar.

Baseball has the Triple A!

C'mon, call it the B+ League at least, get some self-confidence going.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by jsrtreeson:

it may have come a long way, but it still has a much longer way to go before it becomes an NBA farm system

Yes and they have to start by changing the name.

The D league? How subpar.

Baseball has the Triple A!

C'mon, call it the B+ League at least, get some self-confidence going.

That or go the elementary school rout and call it the Gold Star Sticker league...

Zinger...