Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Redick in crunch time while Jameer sits?(Sentinel)

quote:
Originally posted by randall:

I wish JJ would go to the basket when he drives not the weird flying pass out that he does. If he could draw the foul he'd be a pretty effective scorer.

I think JJ is afraid to drive to the basket...very hesitant, at the very least. He doesn't have many skills outside of shooting.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

quote:

I wish JJ would go to the basket when he drives not the weird flying pass out that he does. If he could draw the foul he'd be a pretty effective scorer.

I think JJ is afraid to drive to the basket...very hesitant, at the very least. He doesn't have many skills outside of shooting.

ANd even his shooting is inconsistent so honestly I believe he has almost no skills :o

I believe that his game is this bad because he almost never gets any minutes and this hurts his confidence and maybe his work ethic.

I finally agree with Junkie when it comes to a Redick criticism. This time it's warranted. Redick played very well in the 4th, but SVG simply rode that horse too long, rode him into the ground. Redick should NOT have played in OT, and I said it in the chat room before he started to screw up.

However, frankly, ALL our guards sucked in one way or another. Lee only played 7 minutes through three quarters because he couldn't of defended Adam Morrison last night, much less Kobe or anyone else he faced. Then the layup, well, that speaks for itself, doesn't it?

Jameer's passing great, but he's not taking the shot when it's there.

Skip has just been downright awful in the first two games. He can't hit a shot to save his life AND he's not setting anyone else up! I mean at least Jameer's getting the ball to people in scoring positions, God.

Then there's poor Pietrus... he's doing the best he can, but the refs are screwing him over at every opportunity.

So yeah, Redick stunk it up when it counted most. But what Magic guard didn't?

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

quote:

I agree 100%. The majority of the time it looks like JJ couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. I would think he want at least try to get on the line.

Has Jameer made a shot from beyond 12 feet yet?

He is looking for his shot much less than often, I see Jameer making great passes, but the pick and roll where he has been automatic all year has yet to be attempted, or at least as a shot for Jameer. Does he have his shot back???

That said I still want to see Jameer in the game.

As far as criticising JJ's play though it is tough, he actually burried a clutch 3 from the corner, and played ok defense. One thing I will say though is he, JJ could have and should have scored at least 12 last night they wern't guarding him when he got dribble penetration, and he actually was able to penetrate with some consistency. That 8 to 10 foot pull up is there for him, and will hopefully be used in games to come, why is he so scared to shoot the ball?

All this talk means nothing if the Magic win last night. Bottom line, as a TEAM they didnt get the job done. I was the biggest fan of Nelson coming back, but watching him folks, his shoulder is so tight he cant shoot. All of his shots are short, his legs are fine, its his shoulder. Just watch how he walks around, the shoulder if up higher and more forward then his left. He shouldnt be playing again this series. Then again Rafer cant throw it in the ocean but that will change at home. I see Rafer having a big game in game 3.

As far as JJ-the difference with him and Lee is even if JJ isnt hitting, people still respect his shot. Say what you want, but as a defender if JJ is 1-7 they are thinking,this next one is going in. If its Lee 1-7 they are thinking, this guy cant buy a bucket. So with JJ on teh court he spreads the court more. That lineup they had in at the end of the game was probably the BEST lineup for last night. Rafer couldnt do anything, Jameer prob wont touch the floor again this series becuase hes not effective, and JJ atleast makes plays. I agree that turnover he had was bad, but if Fisher doesnt read that play, its a dunk by dwight and magic win. Or if he knocks down a wide open three at the top of the key, we win. Or if he misses that 3 in the corner, the game isnt close.

As fans we need to stop acting like the sky is falling. Lakers did their job, won two games at home, now its our turn.

wow, courtney misses a tough layup to win a game and gives up points to a taller Kobe Bryant who just happens to be the best all around player in the world right now and people are now saying he's a career backup. some people amaze me.