Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

A Couple of Should We

Here's a couple of should situations....

Should we start Nelson during the series ?

"If it was the regular season, I'd throw him in there and figure he would get better and better over time," Van Gundy says when asked why Nelson isn't starting. "But we've won three series without Jameer. It's mainly a conditioning issue at this point. We're looking at Jameer as more of a support player in this series."

This is an All-Star we're talking about. If Steve Nash suffered an injury but was ready to play during the NBA Finals, don't you think the Phoenix Suns would immediately insert him into the starting lineup?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...n07,0,3265071.column

Should we play the twin towers with Gortat and Howard ?

Van Gundy said he would alter his substitution patterns for Game 2, and -- in a shift from his statements of the previous night -- indicated that using a Twin Towers alignment of Dwight Howard at center and Marcin Gortat at power forward was an option if he feels the defensive boost wouldn't cause too many problems on the offensive end of the court.

"Of the nine guys we played, I thought Gortat had the best all-around game last night," Van Gundy said.

The Orlando coach also spoke about how the Lakers' size was something the Magic had difficulty adjusting to when trying to run their offense, and he took the blame for his team's lack of energy by saying the defensive scheme he installed to defend against the pick-and-roll was too passive -- and that passivity carried over into other aspects of the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...ews/story?id=4235449

As far as Nelson I think we should just increase his minutes as time goes on...

As far as Gortat I would love to see the Twin Towers in this series soooooooooooon.

what do you guys think ?

Here's a couple of should situations....

Should we start Nelson during the series ?

"If it was the regular season, I'd throw him in there and figure he would get better and better over time," Van Gundy says when asked why Nelson isn't starting. "But we've won three series without Jameer. It's mainly a conditioning issue at this point. We're looking at Jameer as more of a support player in this series."

This is an All-Star we're talking about. If Steve Nash suffered an injury but was ready to play during the NBA Finals, don't you think the Phoenix Suns would immediately insert him into the starting lineup?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...n07,0,3265071.column

Should we play the twin towers with Gortat and Howard ?

Van Gundy said he would alter his substitution patterns for Game 2, and -- in a shift from his statements of the previous night -- indicated that using a Twin Towers alignment of Dwight Howard at center and Marcin Gortat at power forward was an option if he feels the defensive boost wouldn't cause too many problems on the offensive end of the court.

"Of the nine guys we played, I thought Gortat had the best all-around game last night," Van Gundy said.

The Orlando coach also spoke about how the Lakers' size was something the Magic had difficulty adjusting to when trying to run their offense, and he took the blame for his team's lack of energy by saying the defensive scheme he installed to defend against the pick-and-roll was too passive -- and that passivity carried over into other aspects of the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...ews/story?id=4235449

As far as Nelson I think we should just increase his minutes as time goes on...

As far as Gortat I would love to see the Twin Towers in this series soooooooooooon.

what do you guys think ?

i like the howard-gortat lineup, but it wont happen for some reason. we have been barking up that tree for months. too bad.

at this point in the season, i dont like nelson being in there for more than a few minutes at a time. he played decently in game one, but took away from rafer at the least. thats not how you win games. i love jameer, but he requires the ball to be effective(as a point guard-duh!) which doesnt really fit the ball distribution that has gotten us to the NBA FINALS. i say stick with what got us here and bring jameer back for a dominant 09-10 campaign.