Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

FANS GAME THREAD***BUCKS vs MAGIC...WE WIN...99-81

ha tonights game program featured james augustine, and he was the only one not to get in the game it seemed. and when they brought in jj redick what the he** was with hedo slapping away jameer's hand. he was upset about being pulled...we were ahead +20 at the time. yes he was having a great game, but thats a guy in it for his own good, not the good of his team. he sat on the bench slouched like a cry baby. i like hedo, but what i saw tonight made me ashamed. i really hope hedo has his TEAM'S best interests in mind. WHERE THE HE** WAS EVERYONE TONIGHT...THAT PLACE WAS 60% FULL MAX. didnt everyone want there free "Go Magic" poster from the orlando sentinel???

the boos are getting louder everytime b-hill is announced for those of you not there.

Did You all hear the cheer when they put JJ in? Orlando loves JJ. Hearing the crowd when he buried that first 3 gave me chills. I really think this team can do it with a more team attitude. JJ was passing the ball around even though he only gets a few minutes per game to play. I love it!

I was more impressed with J.J.'s drive to the basket than any outside shot he made.

Redick's a more complete player than anyone gives him credit for!

And come on guys, I don't care if it was agaisnt Gonzaga, a win is a win at this point so let's be happy about it. This one win alone took the Magic from 10th in the east into a tie for 8th, by the way.

That game was great, but the only problem I find is why was Trevor on the court when he was obviously getting mad and we were up by 30 points. He got a tech soon after and could have been in a fight. With such a big lead, he should have been pulled out.

Maybe one day an ordinary blowout will be treated as ordinary and not so crucial to the cause.

It'll be just another day at the offense.

Until that times comes, the Orlando Magic must take a 99-81 rout of the Milwaukee Bucks on Monday night for what it's worth after 62 games:

A season-saver, perhaps.

The victory was important for several reasons, not the least of which was it allowed the Magic (29-33) to crawl back into the Eastern Conference playoff race. They squeezed past the idle New Jersey Nets (28-32) to No. 8.

The Magic and their faithful don't even want to think about what a loss to the Bucks (22-39) at Amway Arena might have meant. Player psyches might have been in need of repair. Ankles might have been sprained with fans jumping off the bandwagon.

"This was the type of win we needed at this juncture, where we are at," Coach Brian Hill said.

The Magic stopped their three-game losing streak before it grew ugly.

They roared out with the kind of effort they displayed at times during their recent 1-3 road trip, dominating a sub.-500 team instead of overlooking it, a trap into which they routinely fall.

It was around this time last season that the Magic began a playoff push, and they largely resembled that team against the Bucks with their defensive intensity and offensive kismet.

They held Milwaukee star Michael Redd -- who was coming off a 52-point game -- to 15 points and shared the ball, recording 23 assists to 18 turnovers.

"When we move the ball, play as a team . . . good things are going to happen," point guard Carlos Arroyo said. "If we can finish the season like the way we did last year, that's a big plus. Obviously, right now, we're thinking playoffs."

Hedo Turkoglu, who led Orlando on a 16-6 closing finish last season, has picked up his game and regained his shooting eye. He jump-started the Magic early and finished with a season-high in points (25) while tying a season-high in rebounds (nine).

Turk made 10 of 14 shots, and Trevor Ariza added 20 points on 6-of-11 shooting. Center Dwight Howard was the other Magic player in double figures with 10. The rare easy game allowed most of the starters to put up their feet early as the club shot 50 percent and dominated inside points (58-42).

Keith Bogans, signed this summer to replace DeShawn Stevenson as a designated defensive stopper, helped cool off Redd. Redd had torched the Chicago Bulls for 52 points on Sunday in an overtime loss, but he missed 13 of 16 shots.

"Nobody likes to play defense," Bogans laughed. "I almost take it personally when somebody scores on me. With Redd, you got to stay in his face. My teammates were there to help me."

Orlando had expected shooting guard Grant Hill to play, but he was still experiencing pain in his left foot and sat out. He is day-to-day.

The Magic raced to leads of 8-0, 22-10 and 49-34 at halftime, preying on a Bucks team that shot 32.4 percent and committed 10 turnovers (13 points) by intermission.

Orlando leads New Jersey by mere decimal points in winning percentage -- .468 to .467. Even though the Magic had lost seven of eight coming into the game, they believe they can move up in the standings if they can get on a roll.

"There is a lot of room to move in this thing," Brian Hill said. "We are not just worried about making the playoffs. We want to win as many games as we can win and try to climb as high as we can climb. You look at the teams in front of you, you don't look behind you. We've got to beat some of these teams in front of us."

B. Schmitz...Orlando Sentinel

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...story?coll=orl-magic

And so it begins... I tried to warn you guys, but nobody listened. We WILL make a run to the playoffs, it's a fact. Players understood it's time.

quote:
Big J, ignore these kiddos. Your self promotion is still a lot better than WPMagic's signature or HighClassTrash's avatar.

I've thought about changing it, but you made up my mind for me... it's going to stay forever.

quote:
Originally posted by nate dizzy:

That game was great, but the only problem I find is why was Trevor on the court when he was obviously getting mad and we were up by 30 points. He got a tech soon after and could have been in a fight. With such a big lead, he should have been pulled out.

cant let teams walk on you. everytime we blow a team out, we gonna pull are guys b/c the other team picks a fight??? no thats what they want. pull the guys that are killing them. are you kidding theyd love garrity of ariza, or deiner over nelson. ariza did what he had to do standing up for himself, if you werent at the game you probably didnt see what was going on the WHOLE time, very easily should have been double technicals

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
Big J, ignore these kiddos. Your self promotion is still a lot better than WPMagic's signature or HighClassTrash's avatar.

I've thought about changing it, but you made up my mind for me... it's going to stay forever.

Forum Quidelines;...Big J

10. Do not post advertising or product/service promotions

quote:
Originally posted by CaseyMullen928:

ha tonights game program featured james augustine, and he was the only one not to get in the game it seemed. and when they brought in jj redick what the he** was with hedo slapping away jameer's hand. he was upset about being pulled...we were ahead +20 at the time. yes he was having a great game, but thats a guy in it for his own good, not the good of his team. he sat on the bench slouched like a cry baby. i like hedo, but what i saw tonight made me ashamed. i really hope hedo has his TEAM'S best interests in mind. WHERE THE HE** WAS EVERYONE TONIGHT...THAT PLACE WAS 60% FULL MAX. didnt everyone want there free "Go Magic" poster from the orlando sentinel???

the boos are getting louder everytime b-hill is announced for those of you not there.

Yeah I saw that too with Turk. I also loved it when Arroyo was taking the ball up & he was looking completely back to see what play Hill was barking about with his pink tie on. That would have been great if someone would have stolen the ball from Carlos & then Hill would have been with the TO. I was sitting in section 108 & we were calling for JJ to get in the game & then Travis & when we called for Travis to get it, Garrity looked right over at our section...too funny. Go Magic!

were you getting the glare of villanueva's head too??? and did you notice how terry stotts the bucks head coach was telling the ref to call 3 seconds on the magic, so he did. or did you notice how villanueva should have gotten teed up instead or along with ariza? so much you miss on tv. just hope you did not see that lame halftime show.

quote:
Originally posted by CaseyMullen928:

were you getting the glare of villanueva's head too??? and did you notice how terry stotts the bucks head coach was telling the ref to call 3 seconds on the magic, so he did. or did you notice how villanueva should have gotten teed up instead or along with ariza? so much you miss on tv. just hope you did not see that lame halftime show.

Yeah Charlie had like a beam of light to guide his way when he put his head down & drove to the basket. I couldn't believe some of these plays where there was so much contact we could hear the slap way up by us & nothing was called but yeah I agree, being at the game you catch so much more. I don't know if it was because of the game before against the Bulls that Redd was drained but I thought that Bogans did an extremely good job on D on Redd. All Redd needs is a little space & he will put up the shot but Keith was really on him.