Sign in to follow this  
CaliMagicFan

Interesting Position By Position Numbers

Was looking at the 82 game position by position player comparison page and there's some interesting stuff there, as far as how some of our positions are doing against their opponents.

Obviously our greatest advantage is Dwight. He (and Gortat) is outscoring other centers by 10.3 ppg, out rebounding by almost 4 a game, almost a block a game better, and 12% better from the field.

Our SG's are only getting outscored by 1.3 ppg, and they are shooting 4% better from the field.

Our PF's are outscoring other teams PF's by almost 3 a game. Incredibly, and I think this has a lot to do with where we are, they are outrebounding the other team's PF's by .8 a game. They're only averaging 7.2 per game, but they're pulling the other team's 4 away from the hoop, so they're only pulling down 6.3.

Our worst positional disadvantage is SF (mostly because of the LeBron numbers, I'd imagine), and PG. Rafer's turning it over 1.2 per game more than his opponent, getting 3.4 points less, 3.8 boards less, but only .4 assists less. So he's been about average.

Ohh, other stuff from other pages. Shard is playing 84% of the games. Turk 79%, Dwight 75%. Redick has played more than Gortat.

The Alston-Lee-Pietrus-Lewis-Howard lineup, despite being on the floor for only 47 minutes, is +33.

Was looking at the 82 game position by position player comparison page and there's some interesting stuff there, as far as how some of our positions are doing against their opponents.

Obviously our greatest advantage is Dwight. He (and Gortat) is outscoring other centers by 10.3 ppg, out rebounding by almost 4 a game, almost a block a game better, and 12% better from the field.

Our SG's are only getting outscored by 1.3 ppg, and they are shooting 4% better from the field.

Our PF's are outscoring other teams PF's by almost 3 a game. Incredibly, and I think this has a lot to do with where we are, they are outrebounding the other team's PF's by .8 a game. They're only averaging 7.2 per game, but they're pulling the other team's 4 away from the hoop, so they're only pulling down 6.3.

Our worst positional disadvantage is SF (mostly because of the LeBron numbers, I'd imagine), and PG. Rafer's turning it over 1.2 per game more than his opponent, getting 3.4 points less, 3.8 boards less, but only .4 assists less. So he's been about average.

Ohh, other stuff from other pages. Shard is playing 84% of the games. Turk 79%, Dwight 75%. Redick has played more than Gortat.

The Alston-Lee-Pietrus-Lewis-Howard lineup, despite being on the floor for only 47 minutes, is +33.

quote:

This is the most interesting thing to me.

Great finds, BTW.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:

Great finds, BTW.

Great compliment, BTW.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:

Great finds, BTW.

Great compliment, BTW.

Great reply, BTF