Sign in to follow this  
MajicMan

Apology

I want a apology from Dick Vital. Remember draft night 2004 Vital said the Magic made a big mistake for taking Howard over Okerfer. Somebody please youtube it for me I am putting all MAGIC haters on BLAST!!!! AMAZING happens in ORLANDO in 09 407 STAND UP!!!!

I want a apology from Dick Vital. Remember draft night 2004 Vital said the Magic made a big mistake for taking Howard over Okerfer. Somebody please youtube it for me I am putting all MAGIC haters on BLAST!!!! AMAZING happens in ORLANDO in 09 407 STAND UP!!!!

Dick Vitale has already apologized to Dwight in person and told him "I was so wrong about you, you were ready from day one" or something to that effect. It was when Dwight threw out the first pitch for a Rays game last year.

Vitale has already eaten a bunch of crow about that. Last time I heard him asked about it, he said that he'd gotten clearly wrong, he was happy for Dwight, and he really wished that he'd gotten to see what Dwight would've been like in the NCAA.

You can't really hold it against Vitale (a college guy) for thinking the college player of the year was better than a raw high school kid. I know I wanted Okafor, as did many, but I have no problem eating those words. That was an opinion I'm glad the front office didn't share.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

I really did want Howard, I'm sure everyone tries to say that now, but I really did. His highlight videos were beast.

i wanted him too. he seemed like such a nasty kid coming out of high school with that kind of height and being his size. i knew he'd get big. and if im correct, i remember him beasting in the McDonald's All-American Game. (Which also got me ready for Oden, which was unfortunately a let down due to injury =/)