Sign in to follow this  
NittanyBuc

Jameer Being Evaluated!!

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

as long as it doesnt mess up his injury at all and set him back, what isnt to gain by lettin 'meer come off the bench? if it looks like hes gonna hurt us then we yank him and throw AJ back in and then its a done deal, but if he is able to get in a quick rythm and provide a punch off the bench... I dont see what there isnt to gain out of this.

plus think psychological as well. ive said from the beginning that the only negative in this playoff so far is that Jameer is not on the floor to experience it. you know he will be hyped, you know the players will be hyped for him, and can you just the way the arena will just explode when they announce: "Checking into the game at point guard, welcome back, JAMEEEEEEEEER NELSON!!!!"

Get chills just thinking about it...

+1

update in todays sentinel http://www.orlandosentinel.com...un01,0,6962934.story Otis backs off from his "no way" stance he took a couple of weeks back.

"It's up in the air. We'll see how Jameer looks the next few days," Smith said. "There's a few more things we have to get comfortable with. We're looking at the pros and cons. Doctors will have to talk to doctors. If we're at a place where Jameer can help us accomplish our goals, then maybe he can play and give us some more punch.

Nelson also will have input in the final decision.

"Would I like to play? Of course. I'm a competitor," Nelson said. "But I don't want to do anything that would jeopardize me long-term."

good call meer, nobody would hold it against you if you sat out.