Sign in to follow this  
ufballer86

Finals tix

I understand why they give season ticket holders priority but it sucks for the average fan. You have to shell out hundreds or thousands of dollars for season tickets for a chance to get playoff tickets. You know a lot of those ticket holders will just scalp tickets anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by magic01:

I understand why they give season ticket holders priority but it sucks for the average fan. You have to shell out hundreds or thousands of dollars for season tickets for a chance to get playoff tickets. You know a lot of those ticket holders will just scalp tickets anyway.

So buy a $450 season ticket. They have time payment plans, so you don't even need that big an investment. Then buy 4 cheap tickets for each finals game. Sell three/game for $200 over face value. That's $1800 which is more than enough to pay for your tickets and upgrade your season ticket seat.

Or whine about not having money if that's what you prefer.

This is the Email I got from fanrelations@orlandomagic.com:

IMPORTANT NBA FINALS

PRESALE MESSAGE

Based on the feedback received from you, our valued Orlando Magic season ticket holders, we have made significant changes to the procedures you will be using during our exclusive season ticket holder presale for these upcoming 2009 NBA Finals.

We will be conducting a 2009 NBA Finals season ticket holder presale this Friday, June 5. More information on timing will follow via e-mail this week, so be on the lookout.

For this presale, the password you will be using will be your Orlando Magic season ticket account ID. Please do not forward your account ID information to others as this is unique to your account. A limit of four (4) tickets maximum per account per home playoff game has been programmed to your Orlando Magic account ID and attempts to purchase tickets beyond the limits set forth will be unsuccessful.

These changes are based on your suggestions and we believe the new method developed for this private season ticket holder offer will be both efficient and secure.

We truly thank you for your support and Go Magic!

Sincerely,

Season Ticket Services

quote:
Originally posted by Shakaho:

quote:

So buy a $450 season ticket. They have time payment plans, so you don't even need that big an investment. Then buy 4 cheap tickets for each finals game. Sell three/game for $200 over face value. That's $1800 which is more than enough to pay for your tickets and upgrade your season ticket seat.

I'm not whining. I'm just saying a lot of people dont have that kind of money. Thats why I wrote that I UNDERSTAND why they are doing it. They want to get you locked into all the games that they would have trouble selling like the crappy opponents during the middle of the week. Even the cheapest seat is $400+ like you said.

Please add me to the list as well!!! I only need one ticket for game 4 for the 11th! I have been a life long magic fan and have already purchsed my plane tix from chi-town!

quote:
Originally posted by Shakaho:

quote:

I actually thought about this before you mentioned, I wouldn't mind grabbing two seats upper bowl for next season at all, and if it got me into a Finals game all the better.

its not so much not being able to afford it but the fact that cannot get season tix when you dont live in orlando. im broke but id find a way if i lived there, especially since one playoff game cost almost as much as season tix.

and this is the most popular thread i ever have/prob will ever create, +1

Well for those with the money I'll check it out with "my source" and see how it pans out. I'm seriously into getting some cheap lowers for next season right now lol